Last system I will ever need to own

TechHDS

Audioholic General
ADTG, in your photos of your system, which by the way Freaking awesome! On your screen the shadows of your speakers reminds me of a skyline of New York, kind of like the Empire State building , come to think of it maybe you could put a lil well not to little, King Kong stuffed gorilla,:eek: like just hanging off to one side of your towers. ;) And on the other tower set, The Evil emperor from Star Wars lil statute on top. :p.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
WD? ADTG, you done went and spent All your money on Audio/Video gear! I understand man, I had to sell off my whole bedroom set I kept mattresses on the floor just like you.;) And on top of that I see two more beds! That would only Indicate one thing, you got three wives!:eek: You my freaking hero bro !! :p. Back to reality, Your no doubt enjoying your audio/video the room is cool as Moss hanging from a Oak tree. If the rooms not yours cause I didn’t read the whole Thread it 24 pages long still a sweet setup.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I saw a cow outside of my fence once. Must have come from a Cownado. :D

You know ADTG, when one of us see a Cow in the yard, 1 of two things, the neighbor passed away or the The neighbor donated the Cow . Either way Now you got milk, cheese , steaks when the Cow stops making milk. You sure are one luck man ADTG. Please take good care of your new pet you can surely get rid of your yard man. Oh wait don’t fire the guy yet going to be a Lot of crap to be picked and once it dries out it can be rolled into logs use it in your fireplace man. Just make sure you soak in some potpourri if you don’t do that last stink up ya home man. If your yard man doesn’t know how to do that tell him to Google, Cajun firelogs made from Cowpies. Lol.Gald to help out ADGT, that tip was for all the great Advice and tips that you’ve been giving me. Consider this as we even now .:p;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@ADTG. What are those two little boxes at the bottom last shelf Bottom right corner converters?
The bottom one is a power strip.

The little one sitting on top of the power strip is a HDMI-to-Component Video converter.

I have to convert the digital HDMI from the Direct TV to Analog Component Video because my $7,500 Denon AVP's HDMI is incompatible with the newer HDMI.

Spend $7,500 for a Pre-pro separate that becomes obsolete in a few years. 100% waste of money. Lesson learned.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
The bottom one is a power strip.

The little one sitting on top of the power strip is a HDMI-to-Component Video converter.

I have to convert the digital HDMI from the Direct TV to Analog Component Video because my $7,500 Denon AVP's HDMI is incompatible with the newer HDMI.

Spend $7,500 for a Pre-pro separate that becomes obsolete in a few years. 100% waste of money. Lesson learned.
I feel you on the lesson learned thing made many of them. Not to change the subject but NAD uses modular design to update or even if you want to upgrade Instead of having to buy another AVR or pre-pro. I like that wish all manufactures did that At least with their upper flagships units or separates

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I feel you on the lesson learned thing made many of them. Not to change the subject but NAD uses modular design to update or even if you want to upgrade Instead of having to buy another AVR or pre-pro. I like that wish all manufactures did that At least with their upper flagships units or separates
Modules, huh?

Only problem is, on these high-dollar electronics, changing out 1 module would probably cost you over $1,500, which costs as much as a great new AVR like the Denon X7200 on sale! :eek:

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Modules, huh?

Only problem is, on these high-dollar electronics, changing out 1 module would probably cost you over $1,500, which costs as much as a great new AVR like the Denon X7200! :eek:
Last I looked, it was not quite that expensive for the NAD modules, but it was in the $500 to maybe $800 range!

I'm going by a poor memory for actual cost, so I could be off a bit on the numbers. But, regardless, the "value" went down the drain quick when I saw the actual cost.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Last I looked, it was not quite that expensive for the NAD modules, but it was in the $500 to maybe $800 range!

I'm going by a poor memory for actual cost, so I could be off a bit on the numbers. But, regardless, the "value" went down the drain quick when I saw the actual cost.
Yeah, even $800 can get you a brand new Denon X4000 series on sale from Amazon. Down the drain is right. :D

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Yea I agree. I think that maybe going on a cheap AVR route and using its Processor for Dolby etc. and then getting a separate pre amp for 2 channel music with HT bypass. That's probably the best route....

I don't think you compromise processing quality by getting a cheap AVR and only using it's video processor for movies and t.v. do you? Just use the preouts which is a must have for external amps. You use the rear channels built in amps from the cheap AVR for surrounds. Anything modern can handle the surrounds.

@ ACUDEF - By front ends I mean the speakers ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@ ACUDEF - By front ends I mean the speakers ;)
Oh, THAT front end. :D

Speakers are the RBH SX-T2/R all around (front end and back end). The Center is separated since the SX-T1 normally goes atop the SX-1010. Here they are side by side. They are placed vertically. I angled the Center T1/1010 upward by probably 15 degrees. This picture was taken before I angled them. The Screen is 150". Room is 22'W x 26'D x 14'H.

Yea I agree. I think that maybe going on a cheap AVR route and using its Processor for Dolby etc. and then getting a separate pre amp for 2 channel music with HT bypass. That's probably the best route....

I don't think you compromise processing quality by getting a cheap AVR and only using it's video processor for movies and t.v. do you? Just use the preouts which is a must have for external amps. You use the rear channels built in amps from the cheap AVR for surrounds. Anything modern can handle the surrounds.
I think $1000 - $1500 AVRs like the Denon X3000 and X4000 series (on sale for $600 and $800, respectively) will do excellent jobs all around and if your speakers need more power, then just add external amps.

The FRONT END :) is a lot more important than the electronics. Is there a slang for the electronics ? :D.

I guess the BACK END would be the surround back speakers? :D

Last edited:
moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
Oh, THAT front end.

The FRONT END :) is a lot more important than the electronics. Is there a slang for the electronics ? :D.

I guess the BACK END would be the surround back speakers? :D
Or maybe the REAR END :D ..... I thought you had the SV 831 with the woofer cabinet?

1k - 1500k really? (sale at $800 sounds much nicer) If you are going with 7.2 then something like this for 450 CAD should do the trick. If you want the Atmos.... then I guess one would have to pay a bit more.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/denon-avr-s730h-7-2-channel-4k-ultra-hd-atmos-network-av-receiver-only-at-best-buy/10651321.aspx?

BTW I am very jealous of your room dimensions. 22 feet wide... crazy!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Modules, huh?

Only problem is, on these high-dollar electronics, changing out 1 module would probably cost you over $1,500, which costs as much as a great new AVR like the Denon X7200 on sale! :eek:
Umm yeah scratch that come to think of it one module was 899 bucks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Or maybe the REAR END :D ..... I thought you had the SV 831 with the woofer cabinet?

BTW I am very jealous of your room dimensions. 22 feet wide... crazy!
Yeah, REAR END has a better catch. :D

The SVT Towers (SV831/SV1212) are in the living room. See post #444.

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/last-system-i-will-ever-need-to-own.92644/page-23

This was a 100% custom house. I was debating the room sizes. I think initially I had the size at 22 x 28 x 14. But then I read about the room acoustics Dimensions. There are equations and many different sizes to choose. They seemed to be dependent on the height of the ceiling. I went with H:W:L 1: 1.57: 1.87. So that’s how I got it to 22x26x14.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Umm yeah scratch that come to think of it one module was 899 bucks
Basically you’re either rich and money is no object or you’re like most of us who feel the pain of realizing that your $4 - 7 K AVP goes out of date just as fast as the $1K AVR (Denon X3000 series) or $800 Denon DN-750AVP pre-pro.

And if money is no object, you won’t be replacing any modules. :D

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Basically you’re either rich and money is no object or you’re like most of us who feel the pain of realizing that your $4 - 7 K AVP goes out of date just as fast as the $1K AVR (Denon X3000 series) or $800 Denon DN-750AVP pre-pro.

And if money is no object, you won’t be replacing any modules. :D
ADTG, what are your thoughts on the x3300? As you know I have that XPA-5, so dont need Denon top dog but would like one with the latest surround sound format and a high end DAC CHIP. ,pre-outs so what would You recommend? Give me your best two for 800 to 1200. As you and I know A4L can pick up the 7200 for 1399. I have researched that unit freaking nice! Won’t be using the 9.1 or even 7.1. 5.1 set with this room I have now. Yamaha A3060 if I remember right less A2060 about 1.100 but those are also A4L.

Mike

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG, what are your thoughts on the x3300? As you know I have that XPA-5, so dont need Denon top dog but would like one with the latest surround sound format and a high end DAC CHIP. ,pre-outs so what would You recommend? Give me your best two for 800 to 1200. As you and I know A4L can pick up the 7200 for 1399. I have researched that unit freaking nice! Won’t be using the 9.1 or even 7.1. 5.1 set with this room I have now. Yamaha A3060 if I remember right less A2060 about 1.100 but those are also A4L.

Mike
I love the Denon X3300. I think it sounds as good as my AVP-A1HDCI and other high-end Pre-Pros. Definitely as good as the X7200 in terms of pre-pro.

You can find the X3000 series on sale for $550-600 brand new or $300 used.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I love the Denon X3300. I think it sounds as good as my AVP-A1HDCI and other high-end Pre-Pros. Definitely as good as the X7200 in terms of pre-pro.

You can find the X3000 series on sale for $550-600 brand new or $300 used.
ADGT, Aww, just the kind of music to my ears Sir!! I Figured as much ADGT, your no doubt a very liked guy in here, thanks!! Going check that unit out now! Top of the morning to ya!!

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADGT, Aww, just the kind of music to my ears Sir!! I Figured as much ADGT, your no doubt a very liked guy in here, thanks!! Going check that unit out now! Top of the morning to ya!!

Mike
I recently compared my X3100 to my AVP-A1HDCI. Both were connected to my ATI amps. Same speakers. I truly cannot tell the difference between the X3100 and AVP-A1HDCI.

I wonder if I could tell the difference in a randomized double-blind test. :D

On another note, since they release a new model every year (X3000, X3100, X3200),what happens after the X3900 in five years? o_O

Will it be the X3901, X3902, X3903, etc. (which would give them another 10 years)? :D

Or will they change the nomenclature ?o_O

BTW, the X1500 and X2500 are already showing up on my distributor's website. This means the X3500 and X4500 should be coming soon.

Weird how the flagship X8500 came out first, then now the lower and mid-models are coming out.

Something tells me another sale is approaching. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis