Last system I will ever need to own

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I just got a serious potential buyer for my red Orion speakers.

He just sent me a $50 nonrefundable PayPal payment for the audition fee. :D

He should be coming by my house after 4:30PM. So let's see if I will be getting new RBH speakers to replace these Orion for my Family Room. :D
50 bucks to take them home to audition or will he be auditioning at your house? I've never heard of an audition fee before.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
50 bucks to take them home to audition or will he be auditioning at your house? I've never heard of an audition fee before.
To come into my house to audition the Orion. :D

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I just got a serious potential buyer for my red Orion speakers.

He just sent me a $50 nonrefundable PayPal payment for the audition fee. :D

He should be coming by my house after 4:30PM. So let's see if I will be getting new RBH speakers to replace these Orion for my Family Room. :D
Interesting!
What is the rationale for the $50 fee?
Is that a unique deal the two of you worked out or is it a "policy"?
How did you arrive at that?
Does the $50 go towards the speakers if he buys them?
Sorry for all of the questions, but I am intrigued with the departure from more common approaches.

Hope the sale goes well. I doubt you've been pushing them, but I know you've had them on the market for a while!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting!
What is the rationale for the $50 fee?
Is that a unique deal the two of you worked out or is it a "policy"?
How did you arrive at that?
Does the $50 go towards the speakers if he buys them?
Sorry for all of the questions, but I am intrigued with the departure from more common approaches.

Hope the sale goes well. I doubt you've been pushing them, but I know you've had them on the market for a while!
In the past everyone just comes and listens like they were going to store. Waste of my time.

I have to set aside a time for the audition. And time is money. So I think $50 is a good number for my time and effort. ;)

When I buy things from Audiogon and eBay, I never get to audition first. I have to pay money first, get the products, and then listen at home. If I don't like, then I have to sell them.

Now since I am an authorized dealer for RBH, I would never charge a fee for auditioning RBH speakers. That comes with the territory.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You actually considering parting with them?
Oh yeah, I've listed the Orion on eBay and Craigslist for over a year now. My plan was to sell them and replace them with the new RBH modular SV towers.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. I'm going to have to make a point to listen to some RBH speakers since they get such great reviews.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. I'm going to have to make a point to listen to some RBH speakers since they get such great reviews.
There is a speaker for everyone.

The most difficult and sometimes most expensive part is finding out which speaker it is.

Many of us have bought so many speakers through the years looking for that right speaker that suits us best.

So I think spending $50 is a lot cheaper than buying speakers based on reviews alone and having to resell them if the speakers are not what you wanted.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So I think spending $50 is a lot cheaper than buying speakers based on reviews alone and having to resell them if the speakers are not what you wanted.
So does it go towards the purchase if he buys them?

Thanks for the info. I figured you wouldn't charge for listening to RBH's.
Just make sure you have a decent (and conspicuous) security system. You never know if someone might be casing your place for a later return. Might as well give them a reason not to!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So does it go towards the purchase if he buys them?

Thanks for the info. I figured you wouldn't charge for listening to RBH's.
Just make sure you have a decent (and conspicuous) security system. You never know if someone might be casing your place for a later return. Might as well give them a reason not to!
Yes it goes towards the purchase.

Oh yeah, I have conspicuous security cameras everywhere. :)

And I made sure he stayed put in one room.

He said he is a Hospitalist (MD) at a nearby hospital. And he & his wife live in one of the richest neighborhoods in the state.

He said he just received a shipment of GoldenEar Tritons for his HT. :D

He seemed very impressed with the Orion and said he is willing to pay the $5K asking price.

Will see. :)

Last edited:
djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Yes it goes towards the purchase.

Oh yeah, I have conspicuous security cameras everywhere. :)

And I made sure he stayed put in one room.

He said he is a Hospitalist (MD) at a nearby hospital. And he & his wife live in one of the richest neighborhoods in the state.

He said he just received a shipment of GoldenEar Tritons for his HT. :D

He seemed very impressed with the Orion and said he is willing to pay the $5K asking price.

Will see. :)
O Ya,

If he's an MD then he can afford it. GLWTS.

DJ

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Got the 5K payment for my Orion last night and delivered them to new owner this morning. So will be getting new RBH SVT towers soon. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just placed an order for a pair of the RBH SVT Tower (SV-831 + SV-1212) in piano black gloss. :D

15.2"W x 61"H x 22.2"D, 191 LBS,
20Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis