Last system I will ever need to own

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know how those Sooners roll :D

Dunno if ADTG is really a Sooner, but might as well poke where I can (as a Longhorn).
I did go to University of Oklahoma, but not much of a sports fan anymore since it stresses me out. Although Sooners did kick Longhorn's butts this year. :eek: :D

mannye

mannye

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. Around where? California or New York? :D
Miami Beach... the southernmost Manhattan. :) There's a place across the street from me that's just a little smaller (albeit on the bay) and the asking price is 27M. Down the street Phil Collins paid 33M for a place just a tiny bit bigger.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Miami Beach... the southernmost Manhattan. :) There's a place across the street from me that's just a little smaller (albeit on the bay) and the asking price is 27M. Down the street Phil Collins paid 33M for a place just a tiny bit bigger.
Good thing I don't live there then. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, Texas is quite normal with places like Waco (should say Wacko :D) and all those weirdos. :eek: :D
Yeah, we call it "Wacko" too!

And, you do know the motto for Austin, right?

"Keep Austin Weird"!

You know, we take "weirdo" as a compliment. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I can't wait till the kids graduate college so I can sell this here gold mine and get the hell outta here. Back to the northeast where I belong.
Sell the gold mine, retire, and setup a nice Home Theater system. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have not heard "Keep Austin Weird". What's weird there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Austin_Weird#Gallery_of_Austin_weirdness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cochran

How about a cross-dressing homeless guy that always ran for mayor? And, when you see him in the entertainment district in his thong and little else, it is tradition to take drunken pictures with him. He is now deceased, and they are working to put in a statue of him somewhere near downtown.

How about the annual Eyeore's Birthday Festival--a real hippy fest where you can join the most awesome drum circle that you have ever seen.

How about watching Jaws on a projector when floating in a natural pool.

Austin is a weird spot, compared to the rest of Tx. It is pretty much the only liberal city in Tx.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Austin_Weird#Gallery_of_Austin_weirdness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cochran

How about a cross-dressing homeless guy that always ran for mayor? And, when you see him in the entertainment district in his thong and little else, it is tradition to take drunken pictures with him. He is now deceased, and they are working to put in a statue of him somewhere near downtown.

How about the annual Eyeore's Birthday Festival--a real hippy fest where you can join the most awesome drum circle that you have ever seen.

How about watching Jaws on a projector when floating in a natural pool.

Austin is a weird spot, compared to the rest of Tx. It is pretty much the only liberal city in Tx.
Austin is way too weird for me. I still have a couple of buddies there but most, including my Father has moved now. I lived there for a couple of years but didn't love it. FTW is way more normal and still safe and fun.

SoCo is fun though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Austin is way too weird for me. I still have a couple of buddies there but most, including my Father has moved now. I lived there for a couple of years but didn't love it. FTW is way more normal and still safe and fun.

SoCo is fun though.
I like to visit Austin, but I like living in New Braunfels more. Glad my wife talked me into it. Nice little place. Way better than DFW IMHO.

And my Red Raiders can't win for nothing this year. Thought the longhorns would do better than they are, but oh well.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I do like New Braunfels and San Marcos too. A little quieter and more laid back. And nice river floats.

And of course you have Wurstfest and Octoberfest too.

mannye

mannye

Audioholic Intern
Mmmmm Wurstfest. I would uber there with a beer stein in one hand and a fork in the other.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis