Last system I will ever need to own

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hey, I'm the one who is frustrated that I haven't been able to post a millions pics of my new setup because the house isn't finished! :D
Well hurry up dammit we are waiting.Your not the only home theatre addict you know.:p Seriously though,I will be watching your space closely.I might even learn something along the way.:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well hurry up dammit we are waiting.Your not the only home theatre addict you know.:p Seriously though,I will be watching your space closely.I might even learn something along the way.:)
My builder says the inside of my house will be completed by Dec 10, but the outside of the house will be completed by Dec 16 because my wife wanted sidewalks in the backyard.

My AT&T U-Verse GigaPower internet and Direct TV have been installed. My home network is completed. I am very happy about that. Even now I can fully control all 7 of my Thermostats and all of the WiFi light switches (30 of them).

Of course, the only thing anyone is really curious about is my Home Theater. :)

I used one of those Room Acoustics equations to determine my room dimensions: 22' x 26' x 14'. All four walls are 6" thick with foam insulations on all four walls and ceiling.

To start with, I will have a 13' x 15' Safavieh California Shag Rug in my HT room since all the floors in my house is porcelain (looks like marble).

I will try not to use acoustic wall panels if I can get the room to sound good with the rug and furnitures.

But overall, I think home theater enthusiasts may be rather underwhelm when they see the furnitures in my HT room. My room theme is great sound + very casual relaxing atmosphere, not "commercial theater" settings.

And, of course, I must post pictures. :D

But, just can't do it yet since the inside of the house won't be completed until Dec 10.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
My builder says the inside of my house will be completed by Dec 10, but the outside of the house will be completed by Dec 16 because my wife wanted sidewalks in the backyard.

My AT&T U-Verse GigaPower internet and Direct TV have been installed. My home network is completed. I am very happy about that. Even now I can fully control all 7 of my Thermostats and all of the WiFi light switches (30 of them).

I used one of those Room Acoustics equations to determine my room dimensions: 22' x 26' x 14'. All four walls are 6" thick with foam insulations on all four walls and ceiling.

To start with, I will have a 13' x 15' Safavieh California Shag Rug in my HT room since all the floors in my house is porcelain (looks like marble).

I will try not to use acoustic wall panels if I can get the room to sound good with the rug and furnitures.

But overall, I think home theater enthusiasts may be rather underwhelm when they see the furnitures in my HT room. My room theme is great sound + very casual relaxing atmosphere, not "commercial theater" settings.

But, just can't do it yet since the inside of the house won't be completed until Dec 10.
All in good time my friend.Sounds like it's going to be an amazing set up mate and that Avp of yours will fit in great.What a great way to spend xmas and the new year.If you can get away without using the wall panels then all well and good.The uncluttered look is very appealing and sometimes less means more.It will be interesting to hear your personal opinion on your sound quality being a new room and all, plus the fact that you have the same pre/pro as me interests me too.I am always looking to improve the sound quality of my room without cluttering it up with this and that.I will be sure to check back from time to time and see how you are travelling.:)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I'm interesting in more than the theater. Like what automation system are you running? Why wifi switches instead of z-wave or zigbee? Got a projector yet?

See, not just the theater, but mostly...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm interesting in more than the theater. Like what automation system are you running? Why wifi switches instead of z-wave or zigbee? Got a projector yet?

See, not just the theater, but mostly...
I've been using the Chamberlain WiFi Light Switches and WiFi Garage Door Openers for a few years at my current house. So I wanted to continue. Habit. :D

Another thing I love about these switches is that I can also control them locally with the mini-RF 3-button remotes (in addition to WiFi/ Internet) if I don't have my phone or tablet with me.

I can stick the little 3-button remote on my bed headboard. Button#1 controls the Master Bed Main light, button#2 controls the Master Bed bay Window light, button#3 controls the Master Bed Ceiling Vault light.

The Chamberlain myQ app controls both the light switches and garage door openers.

The lights can also be set on a time/day schedule. So I can set the exterior lights to turn on at 5pm and off at 7am.

For my 7 thermostats/7 HVAC zones, I have the Radio Thermostat CT50, which I've been using for a few years at my old house also. When I am home, my phone/tablet controls the 7 thermostats DIRECTLY, not via web-base/internet. When I am away from home, then it is web-based control.

For projectors, I already have two BenQ 6000W PJ, which is very bright PJ, which I need for my 150" screen.

For A/V, I will be using my current RBH SX-T2/R speakers, Denon AVP-A1HDCI, and ATI amps.

Six rooms have RBH 8" ceiling speakers. The rear porch has RBH 8" outdoor speakers. Each pair of speakers will be powered by a separate Denon AVR. :D

Besides the main HT room (Projectors), seven other rooms will have SONY LED TVs and HTPCs - that's 7 SONY TVs and 7 HTPCs.

The Theater Equipment room (which has its own HVAC zone & thermostat) will have 3 identical NAS PCs.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Hey, I'm the one who is frustrated that I haven't been able to post a millions pics of my new setup because the house isn't finished! :D
Perhaps I'm a poor person to complain to about that particular issue, I am a home builder and would be doing it myself!!:mad:

Best of luck with the .. waiting.;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I checked the 30 Ethernet wall jacks at my house yesterday. Seems like 2 of the jacks did not work. The other 28 jacks were showing download speeds of about 500 Mbps (2012 MacBook Air, USB-3.0 Ethernet Adapter, Cat5 cable - couldn't find a Cat6 cable).

I suppose a Cat6 cable might get faster speeds, especially if I connect directly to the Modem, instead of the wall jacks, which is connected to the Router & Switch.

Edit: okay, I found a CAT6 cable and used it on the wall Ethernet jacks. I was able to get 750 Mbps download/ 850 Mbps upload. Will try to hook directly to the modem next. :)

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I checked the 30 Ethernet wall jacks at my house yesterday. Seems like 2 of the jacks did not work. The other 28 jacks were showing download speeds of about 500 Mbps (2012 MacBook Air, USB-3.0 Ethernet Adapter, Cat5 cable - couldn't find a Cat6 cable).

I suppose a Cat6 cable might get faster speeds, especially if I connect directly to the Modem, instead of the wall jacks, which is connected to the Router & Switch.
First World Problems ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps I'm a poor person to complain to about that particular issue, I am a home builder and would be doing it myself!!:mad:

Best of luck with the .. waiting.;)
What are you saying? You home builders are always late and making excuses? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's part of the requirements!!

It's on the test and everything!!!:D
Now I believe it.

My builder said it would take "8 months". The loan closed early Feb. By Sep, it wasn't done. So he said "Nov 1".

Then "Dec 9".

Then now "Dec 16". :eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Now I believe it.

My builder said it would take "8 months". The loan closed early Feb. By Sep, it wasn't done. So he said "Nov 1".

Then "Dec 9".

I learned with mine it was more "what's left to do" than "when will it be done". Gave me a bit more insight into how much time they actually had left instead of them throwing arbitrary dates at me.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Now I believe it.

Then "Dec 9".

Good things come to those who wait.Good move checking those wall jacks,as its best to find problems now rather than later.Its a big house so there are bound to be a few issues here and there.Looks great in the pics so far and I have no doubt it will be awesome when finished.:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I can't believe they repo'd your house already......

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice. How do they sound in their new home with the tile?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very nice. How do they sound in their new home with the tile?
I thought the Orion sounded great when I was sitting in front of them and when I was in different locations of the house (open concept). Perhaps the bass might seem a little less in this big open room compared to my old smaller 15x17 room.

There is a 8x10 thick shag rug in front of them. And the furniture adds sound absorption.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis