mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

So, there is no need to make cables complicated, expensive, and touted with bogus scientific theories which have no reality or justification in the laws of physics.
In short this exotic cable market is a scam, which only the extremely gullible will fall for. Yes, fools are easily parted from their money.
But, but then how would they sell it for hundreds and thousands of dollars? :D :D :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I get the feeling you guys think all wire sounds the same. Thats interesting.
You can have some tweaked cable as said being somewhat broken and degrading the signal, but you can't improve it. Where did you get this ridiculous idea about cable? Especially spending as much as you did on this, seems more than your gear itself from your postings.....hopefully you're just trolling for fun, which isn't particularly acceptable but would make more sense.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well, when your twirl it, the noise it creates is sound. :D
Or, when you smack it against a wall, it sorely sounds like something. :D

But when I try to converse with it, pure silence, well below the atomic noise levels. Maybe I need better instrumentation? :D
Well sure when you put it like that!

My favorite one is the power cable. I’d LOVE to see scientifically how it could possibly change the behavior of an audio system.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I have in my living room
Of course you haven't. If we blind tested you would not be able to detect the difference between a cheap cable and an exotic one. This has been done quite a few times and people can not tell the difference. Unfortunately you will at some point realize you fell for a scam. This nonsense I think probably started in the seventies and has blossomed since.

The onus is on you to provide a plausible scientific reason why these scam cables make a difference and then prove in a double blind situation you can show statistical significance. I know for certain you can not do either.

L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
I am sorry everybody is all riled up. Not trolling. I thought this was a audio forum seen some threads about cables and thought i would post. I will bow out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am sorry everybody is all riled up. Not trolling. I thought this was a audio forum seen some threads about cables and thought i would post. I will bow out.
It's an audio forum that doesn't care for the silly cable thing. Buy 'em if you think they're real pretty.....but posting about how they sound to you, meh.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

It's an audio forum that doesn't care for the silly cable thing. Buy 'em if you think they're real pretty.....but posting about how they sound to you, meh.
Actually you should not bow out. Your should straight up listen to us. We are trying to educate you not to waste your money and get suckered by scammers. We know how to educate you to spend money wisely to build good and improved systems. Unfortunately the Internet is awash in wrong and misleading information.

This is an audio forum and an honest one, where we peer review each other. We come down hard on false hoods. We want and depend on hard verifiable data.
We do not push fantasies, falsehoods and superstitions. We have radar for scammers like those who have trapped you and filled your head with arrant nonsense.
We are proud to have guided many to better and improved systems over the years. This is a combination of hard data and long experience for many.

Just as an example if I believed in the voodoo you have been fed I would have an awful system and would have wasted probably a million dollars by now.
Just to illustrate in my main room, there is 650 ft. of speaker cable total. The cable is high quality AWG 10 Belden speaker cable. This is of the highest quality and affordable. This cable connects the 18 power amp channels to the speakers. I have 70 years experience behind me now, and help anyone who wants an honest answer.
I believe in science and good engineering logically implemented. I do not believe in magic and have radar for scammers.

If you bow out, I really want to contemplate how those expensive power cables could possibly make a difference. The prospect that they could, is point of view only possible to the insane.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well sure when you put it like that!

My favorite one is the power cable. I’d LOVE to see scientifically how it could possibly change the behavior of an audio system.
Try unplugging it. Place a voltmeter before and after. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Remember that the multimeter must have cables and clips from Kubala Sosna as well!
Although this does have a very funny side with massive opportunities for hilarious barbs, but there is the serious side.

The fact that so many can take this absolute nonsense so seriously has to be a symptom of educational failure and equipping graduates with critical thinking skills, to say nothing of lamentably poor science curricula. I suspect far too much wokery and not enough hard facts and logical thinking.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Although this does have a very funny side with massive opportunities for hilarious barbs, but there is the serious side.

The fact that so many can take this absolute nonsense so seriously has to be a symptom of educational failure and equipping graduates with critical thinking skills, ....
Audio is not alone. ;) One only has to look around and see all the BS nonsense everywhere. A-Z.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Of course you haven't. If we blind tested you would not be able to detect the difference between a cheap cable and an exotic one. This has been done quite a few times and people can not tell the difference. Unfortunately you will at some point realize you fell for a scam. This nonsense I think probably started in the seventies and has blossomed since.

The onus is on you to provide a plausible scientific reason why these scam cables make a difference and then prove in a double blind situation you can show statistical significance. I know for certain you can not do either.
Doc, you're missing the point and also somewhat out of touch as what a lot of the 'boutique' cable outfits are trying to convince you of.

Simply put, 'wire' can in fact be constructed to affect and sound different. Years ago MIT demonstrated this out at RMAF, all the while promoting and touting their cable as the 'better' one. So in effect they are working to establish expectation bias.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I wonder how many of these crazy expensive cables and associated voodoo are being paid for on credit card financing of 25%+

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder how many of these crazy expensive cables and associated voodoo are being paid for on credit card financing of 25%+
That would be a double dose of stupidity....
Doc, you're missing the point and also somewhat out of touch as what a lot of the 'boutique' cable outfits are trying to convince you of.

Simply put, 'wire' can in fact be constructed to affect and sound different. Years ago MIT demonstrated this out at RMAF, all the while promoting and touting their cable as the 'better' one. So in effect they are working to establish expectation bias.
Some may find a "difference" in such cables that degrade the signal and say that's better....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis