L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
I just swapped out to a full loom of Emotion power, interconnects, and biwire speaker cables. They sound awesome. Highly recommended.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just swapped out to a full loom of Emotion power, interconnects, and biwire speaker cables. They sound awesome. Highly recommended.
Please post a list of mental health services at your location. On this site to do our utmost to assist members.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I don't want my interconnects or speaker cables to produce any sound whatsoever. I only want the sound to come from my speakers.

L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
The sound still comes from my speakers. Just sounds better.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Is that a $1500 power cable? How many did you buy?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

By the way guys, I hope we are not arguing with a bot. There is not much daylight between the possible mind of a bloke like this or a bot. They are both pre-programmed

L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
No bot. Power cords were 800 each, 1 meter XLR was 1600, 10 ft speaker cables were 4000

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Oh, wow, now I realize the company name. Very expensive jewelry. They should be located in an ultra-upend shopping center, not in an no name row tenant building in NJ.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

No bot. Power cords were 800 each, 1 meter XLR was 1600, 10 ft speaker cables were 4000
You are really easily scammed. If you will fall for that scam then I think you could be fooled by just about anything, and be vulnerable to every scam in the book.

It is totally beyond belief if you think buying expensive power cables could in anyway have an effect. There is hundreds of feet of standard Romex going back to your panel and then your underground cable back to your local transformer. Then you are back to the roadside voltage regulators and then back to the substation with a boat load of transformers. Then you get to the high voltage transmission lines and eventually back to the power station or a bunch of windmills, or solar panels running though solid state AC to DC converters. Are those all up to your lofty specifications? The problem is that there are people who will believe anything no matter how improbable or preposterous. When it comes down to it it gets the medical diagnosis of JPN.

Here is a link to that sophisticated scam.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You are really easily scammed. If you will fall for that scam then I think you could be fooled by just about anything, and be vulnerable to every scam in the book.

It is totally beyond belief if you think buying expensive power cables could in anyway have an effect. There is hundreds of feet of standard Romex going back to your panel and then your underground cable back to your local transformer. Then you are back to the roadside voltage regulators and then back to the substation with a boat load of transformers. Then you get to the high voltage transmission lines and eventually back to the power station or a bunch of windmills, or solar panels running though solid state AC to DC converters. Are those all up to your lofty specifications? The problem is that there are people who will believe anything no matter how improbable or preposterous. When it comes down to it it gets the medical diagnosis of JPN.

Here is a link to that sophisticated scam.
More money than brains…..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What were you using before that you are comparing to? Tin foil?

Usually when someone just drops into a forum a gushes about a product that literally nobody has ever heard of, it is because they are selling it and just looking for some free advertising. Rather than a bot, I would suspect:

Shill
/SHil/
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
noun
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club"
verb
act or work as a shill.
"your husband in the crowd could shill for you"

L

Ljutic

Enthusiast
I get the feeling you guys think all wire sounds the same. Thats interesting.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Well of course it does.

As long as a speaker cable has less resistance than 5% of the minimal impedance of the speaker, then yes, the speaker wires will sound the same.

The capacitance is a non issue, as it would be so low in any scenario that it could not limit response in the audio band.

Signals travel down wires as electrons pass from the electron shells of one atom to the next. The electrons have absolutely no care for how much you spend on cables and nor do the rest of us.

Signal wires just need to be of appropriate impedance and with quality terminations. By the way I have had on one occasion had reterminate expensive exotic cables for a friend. I have not seen that happen, even with the cheapest cables.

When it comes to power cables, that is totally absurd. They just need to be low enough resistance so they don't get hot carrying the current load, and I have never seen that happen in seventy years.

So, there is no need to make cables complicated, expensive, and touted with bogus scientific theories which have no reality or justification in the laws of physics.
In short this exotic cable market is a scam, which only the extremely gullible will fall for. Yes, fools are easily parted from their money.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Think? Who has demonstrated it sounds different in a bias controlled environment?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Wire doesn’t sound like anything…
Well, when your twirl it, the noise it creates is sound. :D
Or, when you smack it against a wall, it sorely sounds like something. :D

But when I try to converse with it, pure silence, well below the atomic noise levels. Maybe I need better instrumentation? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis