ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Man, I kind of feel like this is my fault for pushing the GIKs. I undestand your frustration and I think GIK needs to eat their mistake and just let you have the "wrong" ones that were sent.

Mine were mounted at about the same height you have yours and they seemed fine. I had them lower at first and they sounded the same as far as I could tell. I actually cut a small section out of mine to clear a light switch,

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Man, I kind of feel like this is my fault for pushing the GIKs. I undestand your frustration and I think GIK needs to eat their mistake and just let you have the "wrong" ones that were sent.

Mine were mounted at about the same height you have yours and they seemed fine. I had them lower at first and they sounded the same as far as I could tell. I actually cut a small section out of mine to clear a light switch,
Oh no dont bro im sorry I didnt mean for you to feel this way and btw Im really happy with the panels them self and it could of happened anywere else and besides the Elites will be here friday :D But im still undecided if im keeping everything im stil going threw my cool off period lol . Again you were kind enough to help me out and I really appreciate it I really do and you had good intentions and the outcome isnt over yet it could havea happy ending :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am pretty sure a Happy Ending is 35 more bucks:eek:
Oh no dont bro im sorry I didnt mean for you to feel this way and btw Im really happy with the panels them self and it could of happened anywere else and besides the Elites will be here friday :D But im still undecided if im keeping everything im stil going threw my cool off period lol . Again you were kind enough to help me out and I really appreciate it I really do and you had good intentions and the outcome isnt over yet it could havea happy ending :)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Thanks I cant mount them any lower though because of electrical outlets on the wall in use . I am going to try putting the Elites there though when they arrive and see how they look but I kind of like How they are blending in being all black and look like there part of the system but will see. They did make a big differrence in sound quality though, really sounds good . Yes no wife here now i've already done my time lol :p j/k now I just lease with option to buy:D Cant wait to see your pics of your new ATS panels !
Here are a couple of Pics of the ATS panels. The one on the left is a custom sized (58”X34”) soft back and the one of the right is a standard 24”X48” hard back. The backing is a mahogany ply and makes them heavier than the GIK’s. The front edges have a nice little bevel edge detail to them and they are well made considering the price. The fabric on mine has been discontinued and that happened to me with GIK as well hence I have lots of variations on the brown color panels in my HT:(. Good thing it’s poorly lit :p.

With the flash, you can actually see the framing of the custom panel through the backing fabric.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Very nice RMK those do look good !! Thanks for sharing the pics :cool:

TheFactor

TheFactor

Heres a couple of quick pics and then its time to mount and switch out the 244's for the back of the room :D

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok I'll be posting up some new pics in a few but first i'd like to say im very Happy with GIK they really took care of me and for sure will be using them again and highly recommend them :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Also the material used on the Elites are really nice . Anyway heres some of the 244's moved to the back of the room .

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
The Elite Panels look great (especially with the black fabric). The wood trim finishes them off really well and although a little spendy, IMO, very worth it in a mixed use room. :cool:

TheFactor

TheFactor

No its the dark maple but im still undecided if im going to put them in the back of the room and the 244's back to front of the room . But one thing for sure im going to run mac and recailibrate everything today . So what do you guys think 244's in the front or leave the Elites there ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

No I ordered the dark maple but im still undecided if im going to put them in the back of the room and the 244's back to front of the room . But one thing for sure im going to run mac and recailibrate everything today . So what do you guys think 244's in the front or leave the Elites there ?

TheFactor

TheFactor

So ... anyone ? 244'S or the elites on the front wall ? I cant decide and I want to wait to calibrate everything again until I figure out were to leave them. Whats strange is I swear it sounds better with 244's up front but it could be in my mind :confused:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
No I ordered the dark maple but im still undecided if im going to put them in the back of the room and the 244's back to front of the room . But one thing for sure im going to run mac and recailibrate everything today . So what do you guys think 244's in the front or leave the Elites there ?
Generally speaking, best location for bass traps is room corners or back wall. Of course each room/system is different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis