ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The ones behind the speakers are the GIK Elites and they stock them in a variety of colors. The were lighter when I got them but I stained them darker.

The ones on the side walls are from Ready Acoustics. You can just buy the frames for like 50 bucks and use your own material.

I made the one in the back corner for about 14 bucks.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those are pretty sweet !! Thanks for posting :) Those are definately on the top of my list I just have to see if they'll fit into my budget .

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just for the record, I am jealous of the dual Ultras and kind of hate you;)

I think I may get away from the DIY sub and get a couple of Ultras...
Those are pretty sweet !! Thanks for posting :) Those are definately on the top of my list I just have to see if they'll fit into my budget .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Just for the record, I am jealous of the dual Ultras and kind of hate you;)

I think I may get away from the DIY sub and get a couple of Ultras...
LOL Well this should help you hate me a little less :p its actually the new pb12.5 plus I added to keep the Ultra company but Wow I was impressed with the plus and works very good with my Ultra :)btw two ultras would be scary I cant even imagine because just adding my plus made a huge difference and made me a strong believer in duals even though I thought I never needed it .

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
'need" is a silly word to use around here.

After I recover from the Honeymoon, I may redo all my stuff and end up with a couple of subs. I NEED them...
LOL Well this should help you hate me a little less :p its actually the new pb12.5 plus I added to keep the Ultra company but Wow I was impressed with the plus and works very good with my Ultra :)btw two ultras would be scary I cant even imagine because just adding my plus made a huge difference and made me a strong believer in duals even though I thought I never needed it .

TheFactor

TheFactor

'need" is a silly word to use around here.

After I recover from the Honeymoon, I may redo all my stuff and end up with a couple of subs. I NEED them...
LOL Yes "need" is a very silly word around here . BTW much congrats on your marriage and honeymoon :) As far as the subs duals is the only way to go when setup properly you'll be so happy .

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I went round and round about the color of mine. There are likely 10 threads on here about it. Alex got sick of hearing about it so to EFF with him, I packed them up and sent them to him and charged him shipping. I gave my other set to Andrew. I don't have any now (WAF) and I miss them dearly.
Because of the speakers and black frame on the display, im not sure yet im still up in the air .

TheFactor

TheFactor

I went round and round about the color of mine. There are likely 10 threads on here about it. Alex got sick of hearing about it so to EFF with him, I packed them up and sent them to him and charged him shipping. I gave my other set to Andrew. I don't have any now (WAF) and I miss them dearly.
Oh wow so if I understand you correctly you dont have any now . Well I keep going back and fourth From the GIK and Auralex .

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok I placed the order I decided to just start out with 2 of the 242 bass traps in black and maybe in a few weeks go with 3 of the 244's . I went with black but OMG I must of cleared my cart 5 times changing the color from coffee and then black . Oh well I flipped a coin and black won ;)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Thankyou ParadigmDawg for posting the pics and your thoughts and Josten as usual the best advice I could ever ask for ! Thanks again guys :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You will love what they do for your room. Best upgrade I ever spent money on. Bass was really tight and slap eco was almost gone.

TheFactor

TheFactor

You will love what they do for your room. Best upgrade I ever spent money on. Bass was really tight and slap eco was almost gone.
Im pretty excited except unless its a one size fits all email they sent me they said the build time will be 7 to 10 days sent :eek: So thats like 2 to 3 weeks by the time I get it in my house I figure. Most of yours were in stock werent they when you bought yours ? Im going to give them a call during the week I tryed today but they must be closed .
Well, I am allowed to put some in my office system but they have to be the fancy ones. I will get some after I recover from wedding and honeymoon.
http://www.gikacoustics.com/images/art_panel_300.jpg
Those are very nice !! How long did it take to make and get those with the custom print ? I might pay the extra and change my order since I might be waiting a few weeks anyway.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have never had the custom print ones. I will get those if I decide to put some in the office.

I'm not sure if my Elites were pre-made or not. GIK sent them to me for free.

I had ordered some basic, no-frame panels and were not happy with them, I called Glen and told him that and he said to just send them back for a full refund. There was an issue with PayPal on the refund and it took several weeks to get it straightened out. Glen actually sent me a personal check and asked that if the PayPal refund worked out that I refund his check. PayPal finally refunded me and I just shreeded the check he sent me.

Out of the blue, Glen called me one day and asked if my address was still the same. The next week a set of free Elites showed up at my house.

Glen is a class act guy.
Im pretty excited except unless its a one size fits all email they sent me they said the build time will be 7 to 10 days sent :eek: So thats like 2 to 3 weeks by the time I get it in my house I figure. Most of yours were in stock werent they when you bought yours ? Im going to give them a call during the week I tryed today but they must be closed .

Those are very nice !! How long did it take to make and get those with the custom print ? I might pay the extra and change my order since I might be waiting a few weeks anyway.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Ok just so you know they never stock any thing everything is made to order, im a little disapointed because im looking at a 2 week time frame at the least before i'll get it : ( I'll get over it though but I must say they were very fast to reply to my phone call and email even though there closed on the weekend they responded within a matter of a few hours with this email . Edward,
I got your message...no one is in the offices over the weekend, but I do
check voice mails.

We do not keep anything in any color in stock unfortunately. We do that to
ensure that every customer gets the best traps we can make, and not
something that's been sitting around the warehouse.

Your order will be on around two work weeks I'd say...five days for build
and five shipping days to Oregon. The build times are a function of order
volume, so there's not much we can do to go much faster.

We'll get everything out to you just as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Frank Oesterheld - GIK Acoustics

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis