Is it time to buy a Blu Ray player?

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
The Samsung Man, the Samsung!!

The Samsung duo will be here next month! I'm betting it's quality, and 1K price tag, will pull some of you Denon Diehards to the DARK side! Besides, then while they all keep fighting the format war, we all win!! :cool:

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
The Samsung duo will be here next month! I'm betting it's quality, and 1K price tag, will pull some of you Denon Diehards to the DARK side! Besides, then while they all keep fighting the format war, we all win!! :cool:
If Denon is right that present Blu-ray Profile 1.0 players may not be able to play Profile 1.1 discs then dual format owners are getting shafted right along with Blu-ray player owners.

"But there is a possibility — and this is maybe not so public knowledge — that when these discs come out that fit this new profile, they may not work properly with the Profile 1.0 players." - Jeff Talmadge Denon's Director of Product Development and Systems Integration
http://www.listenup.com/content/partner_stores/denon/talmadge.aug.07.php

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll get one when the BDP is $210 with 8 free movies:)

Until then, I am more than comfortable with the red pill I swallowed.:D

I am certain that both will be around for quite a long time. I am also willing to bet that most studios will go format neutral within two years. Then, everyone will have dual format players and there will be no war.

Pat
I'm with you on your first two comments and am starting to believe your third is what's going to happen. Think SACD and DVD-A dual format players. :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis