Funk Audio 8.2P Floorstanding Loudspeaker Preview

manwithnocape

manwithnocape

Audioholic
Are you guys interested in seeing the graphs?
Ill warn you, there is zero smoothing, and it is scaled up to really see the variances. In other words, you have to know how to read audio graphs in order to interpret it properly. Im just going to double check with FA to see if they are cool with me posting them.

manwithnocape

manwithnocape

Audioholic
8.1P Loudspeaker.

I run a Funk Audio three channel dsp amp. However, this is the raw audio before dsp. So this is just the passive crossover design at 2m ground plane.
+/- of 2.5dB
If you have any questions, feel free to ask or pm me.

Codies Two Way anechoic down to 230 hertz.jpg

ADTG - here is a link to see my system. http://www.funkaudio.ca/Specials_Complete_Systems.html would be amazing at rear channels, just takes two XLR (L&R) ;) :D

Last edited:
mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic
Actually the measurement is Anechoic down to 230 hertz, as in reflection free. Done outside elevated off of the ground. High resolution discrete sine waves. 144 points or individual measurements. Something you wish on your worst enemy. Oh what an evil thing to listen to!

If I take this measurement and run it through the marketing filter it looks like this:View attachment 11126

This is One sixth octave filtering. You never see this commercially. Should I extrude it through the one third octave filter it is essentially flat. I prefer to present it as close to real life as is possible. Second thing to note is that the vertical axis on the graph allows for a lot of information to be gleaned. If I compressed it more it to will look much flatter. Did I mention that we have no marketing department?

So when you listen to this speaker what do you get?

Clean and clear sound. I listened to it almost every day for the ten days I worked with Nathan measuring. Pretty darn good sound.

Last edited:
mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic
Two way Q & A

Hello. I've been following audioholics for a while now and this is where I found out about Funk Audio. I am interested in their 8.1P loudspeaker/monitor, and since manwithnocape is so excited and vocal about these speakers, why are you radically redesigning them? They seem to have excellent qualities. What kind of "redesign" are they getting?
They are very good.

I can state that unequivocally. And they are a pure Nathan production. All I did was some contouring that would smooth out the top end.

So yes there is nothing "wrong" with them.

Grab them while you can.

The next version will be a little smaller, use a different mid-woofer and a different planar. Reasons are simple. I wanted to setup a small speaker that fulfilled the proper mini monitor niche but had the high efficiency that matched the product line we have developed for Funk-Audio.

We need a good entry level two way, and one that is also appropriate for say small room home theater, or hi-end computer speaker, or even recording monitor. The current two way is a little to large to fill that niche. We have settled on a 6 1/2 inch driver that will produce a beautiful speaker coupled with the smaller brother of the planar we use in the MTM. So we will have a truly different offering that will have a different polar response and is much better suited to smaller scale sound reproduction or near field monitoring uses.

Nathan and I have done our homework. We are setting up a very well thought out small lineup of speakers that are not available from many commercial sources if at all.

Wait...;)

I promise to knock your socks off. I have a three-way coming that needs no sub for all intense purposes, and has efficiency in the Klipsch horn category.

We do things differently. We do things well.

And we make them look dam good! :D

manwithnocape

manwithnocape

Audioholic
Have fun at RMAF funk audio! Show the world your best designs!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis