From years of HT to a dedicated 2-channel rig

T

tparm

Audioholic
About a year ago I sold my entire HT rig, down to the rack that was built into my wall and began my 2-channel journey. After much buying/selling/listening I have landed in my happy place for a while. Only thing not pictured is a used Innuos Zen Mk3 that I purchased today. Very simple rig that sounds fantastic. In case anyone wants to know; Mola Mola Kula with DAC card, all AAC Statement cables, and custom made Odyssey Liquid speakers.

Attachments

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
2 channel listening can be fantastic from the sweet spot but I can't think of any good reason why someone would sacrifice a multichannel surround system when watching movies. They're two different worlds of audio.

T

tparm

Audioholic
2 channel listening can be fantastic from the sweet spot but I can't think of any good reason why someone would sacrifice a multichannel surround system when watching movies. They're two different worlds of audio.
Agree, very different. I watch 2 to 3 movies a year and listening to music about 10-12 hours a week. I’ve found for sports the soundstage actually is more authentic with my current setup than before. No comparison for bombastic movies but frankly my Sonos arc/subs/ones in my living room satisfies me if I need to scratch that itch (and I haven’t since I set that up now that I think about it).

Last edited:
WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Agree, very different. I watch 2 to 3 movies a year and listening to music about 10-12 hours a week. I’ve found for sports the soundstage actually is more authentic with my current setup than before. No comparison for bombastic movies but frankly my Sonos arc/subs/ones in my living room satisfies me if I need to scratch that itch (and I haven’t since I set that up now that I think about it).
I dedicated two entirely different spaces in my house for music listening and movie watching. I can't live without either and can't tolerate the results of swapping purposes.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
tparm, great looking 2 channel environment ! I too am a fan of two channel when it come to music listening enjoyment.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Much better results than your question.
LOL. I'm just amused when someone needs to broadcast what cables they use, doesn't give much credence to the rest of it....good luck, tho. Mikado apparently doesn't realize that one of the basic things around here is the cable "thing".

T

tparm

Audioholic
lovin FWIW, is our official 'anti-cable' mascot ;)
I remember. I was here until about a year ago, was weary of comments that don’t better our hobby. Decided to dip my toes back in today, made it a few hours……

T

tparm

Audioholic
LOL. I'm just amused when someone needs to broadcast what cables they use, doesn't give much credence to the rest of it....good luck, tho. Mikado apparently doesn't realize that one of the basic things around here is the cable "thing".
I simply listed my gear, like many do in their signatures. Good luck with what?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I simply listed my gear, like many do in their signatures. Good luck with what?
Enjoying your gear, silly cable and all. Silly cables are not a betterment of the "hobby" in any case, more the area of useless sh*t.

T

tparm

Audioholic
Enjoying your gear, silly cable and all. Silly cables are not a betterment of the "hobby" in any case, more the area of useless sh*t.
I was speaking about you personally being more of a problem than a solution, not gear. Rob at AAC is one of the good guys, when I spend my money, which I should be able to do without comment from others, I choose to do with those that wish to support.
Here I am again, engaging….. instead of enjoying my day. Guess some things never change on this forum.

Last edited:
WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I remember. I was here until about a year ago, was weary of comments that don’t better our hobby. Decided to dip my toes back in today, made it a few hours……
I had to block that clown a year ago for his useless and condescending comments. I'm certain he posts drunk most of the time, at least that would make sense.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
About a year ago I sold my entire HT rig, down to the rack that was built into my wall and began my 2-channel journey. After much buying/selling/listening I have landed in my happy place for a while. Only thing not pictured is a used Innuos Zen Mk3 that I purchased today. Very simple rig that sounds fantastic. In case anyone wants to know; Mola Mola Kula with DAC card, all AAC Statement cables, and custom made Odyssey Liquid speakers.
I went on that site. That Klaus bloke is high on hype and BS. No data at all to show his speakers are any good. Only the most rudimentary specs. I did find a site where someone looked inside those speakers, and found not a single brace. The site had extreme audiophoolery written over it from top to bottom.

There is just far too much of this nonsense and it needs calling out. Here we call it like we see it. I did not like what I found out investigating that outfit.

In the end it does come down to real science based engineering executed with skill and expertise. Flowery language gets a fat zero.

T

tparm

Audioholic
I went on that site. That Klaus bloke is high on hype and BS. No data at all to show his speakers are any good. Only the most rudimentary specs. I did find a site where someone looked inside those speakers, and found not a single brace. The site had extreme audiophoolery written over it from top to bottom.

There is just far too much of this nonsense and it needs calling out. Here we call it like we see it. I did not like what I found out investigating that outfit.

In the end it does come down to real science based engineering executed with skill and expertise. Flowery language gets a fat zero.
You should meet Klaus, he’s a character. Your opinion on something you haven’t heard or seen the components / drivers of is pretty useless. The speakers aren’t listed on his site. Design is very intentional, no bracing, 2” front panel, etc etc. If it would make you feel better I can send you specs, parts list, measurements in my room, comparisons to other speakers I’ve owned. The crossovers and and drivers are of the highest quality as are the cabinets which do have small imperfections are they are hand made by a local cabinet builder.
If you don’t care for his website no one is asking you to buy his stuff, or comment.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You should meet Klaus, he’s a character. Your opinion on something you haven’t heard or seen the components / drivers of is pretty useless. The speakers aren’t listed on his site. Design is very intentional, no bracing, 2” front panel, etc etc. If it would make you feel better I can send you specs, parts list, measurements in my room, comparisons to other speakers I’ve owned. The crossovers and and drivers are of the highest quality as are the cabinets which do have small imperfections are they are hand made by a local cabinet builder.
If you don’t care for his website no one is asking you to buy his stuff, or comment.
Show me the impedance curve. I bet it shows cabinet resonance. 2" thick walls does not preclude the need for bracing. His website is geared to the gullible, and contains absolutely nothing of substance except the photography.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis