From years of HT to a dedicated 2-channel rig

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
You’re the expert!
A truer word has never been spoken

If your happy with your set-up, there's simply no need for others to criticise. Especially when they have zero knowledge of your system. I had a pair of Mola Mola mono bloc's year ago, Very satisfied.

TLS is our resident D**KH**D there's a rumour going round he lives with Lov*n Great minds w** dream alike.

T

tparm

Audioholic
Show me the impedance curve. I bet it shows cabinet resonance. 2" thick walls does not preclude the need for bracing. His website is geared to the gullible, and contains absolutely nothing of substance except the photography.
I understand you have a passion for speaker design and it’s nice to have passions. So does Klaus and he has a lifetime of design and manufacturing of initially high end audio and now Odyssey. The components are carefully matched and several cabinet designs were made, with and without bracing, before landing on the current iteration; angled, ported, and variable thickness because that what sounds best. I prefer them to Eggleston Works, Polk LSiM 707s, Cornwall IVs, and QLNs I’ve had through my room. But to each their own.
What I don’t understand is why grumpy people like you choose to comment negatively on other peoples choices. You’ve never heard, or pulled apart, these speakers so what’s it matter what your opinion is?
I chose to enjoy this hobby and support others in their quest for enjoying their rigs. I didn’t ask a question in my post.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I understand you have a passion for speaker design and it’s nice to have passions. So does Klaus and he has a lifetime of design and manufacturing of initially high end audio and now Odyssey. The components are carefully matched and several cabinet designs were made, with and without bracing, before landing on the current iteration; angled, ported, and variable thickness because that what sounds best. I prefer them to Eggleston Works, Polk LSiM 707s, Cornwall IVs, and QLNs I’ve had through my room. But to each their own.
What I don’t understand is why grumpy people like you choose to comment negatively on other peoples choices. You’ve never heard, or pulled apart, these speakers so what’s it matter what your opinion is?
I chose to enjoy this hobby and support others in their quest for enjoying their rigs. I didn’t ask a question in my post.
I don't. I just draw the line when people tout their superstitions, because that is what they are. The question remains: - Where is your data? I publish mine, why won't Klaus? You can select the finest components for a speaker design, and still make an awful speaker. Flowery language is NOT a substitute for hard data.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
2 channel listening can be fantastic from the sweet spot but I can't think of any good reason why someone would sacrifice a multichannel surround system when watching movies. They're two different worlds of audio.
For some, maybe content of the movie is more important than the sound effects.

T

tparm

Audioholic
I don't. I just draw the line when people tout their superstitions, because that is what they are. The question remains: - Where is your data? I publish mine, why won't Klaus? You can select the finest components for a speaker design, and still make an awful speaker. Flowery language is NOT a substitute for hard data.
You aren’t open to the fact that he may make a very good speaker. What speakers do you make? I’d like to have a look.
He’s in an RV with his wife on a month long trip, I’ll ask him if he can send pictures of his graphs when he’s back in two weeks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man, you guys are killing it this morning. :D

The system looks clean and nice. At the end of the day (and beginning :D), enjoy your life to the fullest !!!!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Man, you guys are killing it this morning. :D

The system looks clean and nice. At the end of the day (and beginning :D), enjoy your life to the fullest !!!!
exactly, IMO tparm has a superb looking and I'll wager to bet sweet sounding man cave, listening room. I'd love to sip on a great cocktail from his bar and listen to some great music !

T

tparm

Audioholic
exactly, IMO tparm has a superb looking and I'll wager to bet sweet sounding man cave, listening room. I'd love to sip on a great cocktail from his bar and listen to some great music !
Y’all are welcome anytime! If you find yourself on the western side of VA in the Shenandoah Valley look me up.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Y’all are welcome anytime! If you find yourself on the western side of VA in the Shenandoah Valley look me up.
ya never know, one of my best friends(another retired railroader) lives just North of Charlottesville , Dyke, Va

T

tparm

Audioholic
Wow! We love Stone Mountain Vineyard in Dyke, about 35-40 minutes from me. Super cool.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
What speakers do you make? I’d like to have a look.
He doesn't make speakers only a lot of irreverent noise. And frankly it's none of his business what some designer / builder publishes, At the end of the day the worlds perfect data, can amount to really crap sound output.. And a complete lash-up design can sound audio perfection.

Ask yourself this, If our friendly couple , lets call them Dad and Dave, just to keep everything happy, happy are so wonderful and all knowing, why don't we see them publishing on established audio forums.. Or is it case of big fish , small pond syndrome.

People post about there systems on here in good faith, only to have there set-up criticized and disapproved off by these clowns. It's simply not fair, and gives this forum a bad name to any new people looking for assistance,

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
About a year ago I sold my entire HT rig, down to the rack that was built into my wall and began my 2-channel journey. After much buying/selling/listening I have landed in my happy place for a while. Only thing not pictured is a used Innuos Zen Mk3 that I purchased today. Very simple rig that sounds fantastic. In case anyone wants to know; Mola Mola Kula with DAC card, all AAC Statement cables, and custom made Odyssey Liquid speakers.
Did the same. Found myself listening to music instead of movies in my finished basement room the past year. Made the switch from 7 channel AVR with powered L and R fronts to a 2 channel system. Spending a lot of time and money on the hobby including streaming in Hi Res after years of basic streaming using my phone or Bluetooth speakers. Even back to buying CDs again. Loving my music more than ever. Movies in the TV room with the family using Sonos Beam 2 and mini sub. The family could care less about the sound as long as it’s not too loud. Have several Sonos units and like the combination of sound and convenience when listening to music beyond the basement listening room. Kept the AVR setup for now. Have been helping out a couple of buddies that are into music but don‘t have the money to upgrade their equipment With some of my old stuff.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis