Foster Family theater

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Well I've been on here for awhile looking and learning. And finally my home theater is being worked on. The contractor will be finished shortly. The basement is roughly 850 sq ft. we left a good bit of space for storage and my gym, which won't be finished. Here is the floor plan.

this will be the play area for my daughter

looking form the play area into the theater

under the stairs will be media storage and the rack for my equipment, which will be accessable from a glass front door.

this is where the rack will go... get your mind out of the gutter

looking at bathroom door

and the money shot, the screen wall with the door to the gym on the right

speaker wire runs, went through 300 ft and ran short

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
bar height half wall

plumbing for the bathroom... very exciting stuff

closing in the pole

Let there be drywall. I think the green is a nice touch maybe we'll just keep it this way

bathroom door

future home of the kings throne

bar area

doors and trim going in

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
shadow boxes and chair rail in theater area.

ceiling going in the picture doesn't show the detail. I'll try and take a better pic

finished closed in pole with shadow boxes

theater area

rack

and on the 32nd day there was light

lots and lots of lights

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic

screen wall, I primed the wall to check the projector. I was amazed, gotta love the ae 3000. Even on a primed wall it looked like the Foo fighters were in the basement.

sconce

the wife must have shaky hands, but I'm on theright to show scale

here is a good one.... dad's favorite chef

and then one of the chef harrassing the cat

a pic of one of the two 20 inch snow storms that slowed things down

current set up until the basement is finished.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like its coming along nicely. Are you using the equipment in your signature or whats the list looking like? I'm excited to see this one come together. Keep posting those photos....

Edit, you posted more photos. Really looking nice. Adorable little girl, Dave Groll is the MAN!

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
amen to that I can't tell you how many times I've seen the Foo Fighters. The best was seeing them at the Hard Rock in vegas for my older brothers bachelor party and seeing Dave and Taylor Hawkins at the F***ing pool. I'll have to dig the picture up.

Tile went down in the bathroom today, so grout tomorrow. Sat the plumber will be in. The base cabinets for the bar started to go in tonight. I'm gonna try and get the delta flooring and osb down this weekend.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Equipment is the same as my sig except for the newest member of the family, the rs-42's. I really want to upgrade my reciever to the Pioneer vsx 23thx. And the rf 82's are calling me out to pick them up... Soon enough I guess... rome wasn't built in a day.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Really looking good. I love the sequence of seeing it come together. What are you getting for seating? Oh and you are going to need another sub.:D

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Just remember to give your speakers plenty of room behind them, make sure your seating position is aproximately 2/3 back into the room, and you do not place anything behind the seats that could act as a wall directly behind you.

Audio is an integral part of the home theater. Please take some time to learn more about acoustics and proper room setup before finalizing your layout.

Doing this will insure that all your hard work is properly channeled.

Looking good is the easy part of the equation. Calibrating a room and testing acoustics is the real challenge of a properly set up home theater.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Thanks for all the pics. Great to watch the progress of all your hard work and ideas.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
A quick update from the weekend. All the electric was finalized. The bathroom is ready for business, just needs a coat of paint. The screen wall is all trimmed now that the screen is finalized. I painted the screen trim flat black, looks pretty sharp. I started to lay the delta flooring. I need to start looking into carpet. Any suggestions, I was thinking of using lowes or home depot? May even get a quote from empire... who has everyone used?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm amazed by how nice that pole turned out! :)

The chair rail and shadow boxes take it to the next level too. ;)

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
The guys are finishing up in the basement today. They did the spindles coming down into the basement. I'll put up pics tonight. Now that they are finished I have to get down there and finish the subfloor, prime the walls, paint, stain the railing, pick carpet... and on and on. So it will be awhile before it's completely finished.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Great job MJ. Looking forward to seeing the final result. :cool:

G

greatestone77

Audiophyte
Looks great. I really like those ceiling tiles. Whats the make and style of them?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis