Foster Family theater

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
I know where I'm moving in next! BEAUTIFUL! And it's not even done yet, but I get the idea. I love it already.:D

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I know where I'm moving in next! BEAUTIFUL! And it's not even done yet, but I get the idea. I love it already.:D
Thanks. I gotta finish the floor now that all the plywood is down there. I'm off friday so hopefully I can knock that out. And I'll finish up the screen and then on to paint. I can't wait... gotta start looking at carpet.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Great looking build out. I especially love the trim work. Nice job!

M

maracan

Audiophyte
Need a GPS?

Your home looks huge, I would be using a GPS to find the bathroom. I can't wait to see this baby when you are all done. I wish I had that kind of room when I was putting my HT together.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
finally an update:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
And the counter went in..... Wow they look better than I could have hoped for.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
paint ideas

carpet ideas

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
And last but not least, the new receiver. I got a deal on the Pioneer Elite SC-07 at best buy.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Thanks for posting the update. Looks like things are moving forward. The counter top really looks nice. Should be a great space to share and spend time in. The darker paint is always better for video. It is actually pretty close to the paint color in our room.

Pardon if I have not read the entire thread. I was curious as to what type of sound absorbtion you are using and was it expensive? I assume that is what I am seeing under the subfloor.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Thanks for posting the update. Looks like things are moving forward. The counter top really looks nice. Should be a great space to share and spend time in. The darker paint is always better for video. It is actually pretty close to the paint color in our room.

Pardon if I have not read the entire thread. I was curious as to what type of sound absorbtion you are using and was it expensive? I assume that is what I am seeing under the subfloor.
I was actually thinking of doing the lighter color on all the walls but the screen wall. I wonder if that would look ok?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I was actually thinking of doing the lighter color on all the walls but the screen wall. I wonder if that would look ok?
I think it would look fine as long as you keep the paint scheme symetrical.
If it is too light, you can always paint all the walls the darker color later.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic

It's called Delta flooring. It's a plastic product that has dimples on it. The idea is that it blocks the moisture coming through the concrete floor. I would imagine that it has sound absorbtion properties. As well as being more forgiving (the osb boards) than concrete. It will also help keep the room warm in th ewinter time.

The product was special order from Lowes. I can't remember what I paid. Maybe $400 or $500 for three rolls and the tape that goes with it.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
Ok so the theater is primed. We are getting close to picking a color for the room. It's narrowed down we just have to make a decision. We were able to pick out the carpet. Now we're just waiting to get measured. I'm dreading to hear what the damage is gonna be. Hopefully I can get down there and get the room painted this weekend.

F

fuhoser

Audiophyte
can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like it will be amazing!

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I was able to get the theater painted the other day. Now I just need to finish priming the other area of the basement. I stained the railing, looks sharp. I was actually able to find somehting that closely matched our bar cabinets. I'll get some pics up tonight.

In my av closet I have a fan that kicks on when it get hot. I haven't really tested it yet since I only have the new receiver in there. But I was thinking what if I drilled like 1 inch holes in the shelves themselves, so the heat makes it's way up to the fan? Just a thought anyone have any expeience with anything like this?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
In my av closet I have a fan that kicks on when it get hot. I haven't really tested it yet since I only have the new receiver in there. But I was thinking what if I drilled like 1 inch holes in the shelves themselves, so the heat makes it's way up to the fan? Just a thought anyone have any expeience with anything like this?
Sounds like a great idea.
Anyway that you can add to natural convection, hot air escaping out the top and cool air entering down low is the way to go.

Beautiful theater! Looks like many years of enjoyment in your future.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis