Finally coming together

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
And yes Walter "The Source Tech Shill" Duque, put me in touch with them. Thanks again Walter!
I kind of like that. "The Source Tech Shill". I've got to tell you them Phil 3's are no joke either, I might have to start pushing them a little too.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Please define "good deal" - it's full retail is 715 EU or $927 (US) :eek::eek::eek:
A few hundred less than the US price, and unless I'm mistaken, the full retail for the US and Canadian market places are $1099 from simplifi audio or $1050 from CSS Audio.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I see that you have the TV on now to avoid reflections. Well played. :D

Next time, though, man up and hide the two teddy bears kissing. :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I see that you have the TV on now to avoid reflections. Well played. :D

Next time, though, man up and hide the two teddy bears kissing. :p
Fool me once....:p

Those teddy bears are holding hands and then if you separate them and bring them back together (they have magnets in their snouts) the heart on the girl one glows.

I can't hide them the GF bought it for me and what can I say, I have a feminine side. Not like Alex's where it rages inside me and bursts forth in extreme, slightly out of context ways, but its there. :cool::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How many fans is that? 6? Were they all in place when I was there? I don't remember hearing fan noise.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Notebook? Really?

I need to find that mangina image that Alex posted...

:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
How many fans is that? 6? Were they all in place when I was there? I don't remember hearing fan noise.
There are 3 fans on the rear of the entertainment center, one on top of the cable box, one on top of the receiver, one on top of the amp, the Cinepro has one, the oppo has one, and there are two on the xbox. The oppo and xbox weren't here when you were here, but everything else was. The fan noise is largely inaudible from the LP and completely unnoticeable (at least to me) when something, anything is playing.

All the big fans are spinning at between 690-720 RPM's when they are on, which is pretty much full blast. That's the advantage of bigger fans, more air, less noise :D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
That's pretty cool! but then again, get a universal :p your life will be so much easier.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's pretty cool! but then again, get a universal :p your life will be so much easier.

Actually if you look closely you'll see a harmony one universal remote in there. The problem is, I find myself needing to go into setup menus so often its easier to just use the respective remote than try to program everything into the harmony which also speaks to some of the harmony's shortcomings as well.

I really wish there was a quick switch so that you could hop between devices as well as the "activities". If I have the directional arrows on the harmony to control the blu-ray player, but suddenly need to or want to do something on the receiver I have to grab the receiver remote. So a caddy to keep all of them at arms reach, while not looking horrible was in order :D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General

Actually if you look closely you'll see a harmony one universal remote in there. The problem is, I find myself needing to go into setup menus so often its easier to just use the respective remote than try to program everything into the harmony which also speaks to some of the harmony's shortcomings as well.

I really wish there was a quick switch so that you could hop between devices as well as the "activities". If I have the directional arrows on the harmony to control the blu-ray player, but suddenly need to or want to do something on the receiver I have to grab the receiver remote. So a caddy to keep all of them at arms reach, while not looking horrible was in order :D
But you can easily switch between devices, just hit the devices button, no? My harmony always has problems controlling any receiver I've owned's menu, but with a little patience you can teach it to do everything you need and then you truly only need one remote. It's definitely a little bit of a pain in the @ss though.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
But you can easily switch between devices, just hit the devices button, no? My harmony always has problems controlling any receiver I've owned's menu, but with a little patience you can teach it to do everything you need and then you truly only need one remote. It's definitely a little bit of a pain in the @ss though.
Sort of. For whatever reason when I switch to "Onkyo" and hit menu, the TV menu pops up. Then there's always scrolling through all of the touchscreen menus until I find what I need there. Maybe when I have a bit more time to dedicate to messing with the harmony settings I won't need to, but until then the "real" remote is faster and easier for me.

Oh yea, and I have no where else to put them so there's another reason for the caddy :D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Sort of. For whatever reason when I switch to "Onkyo" and hit menu, the TV menu pops up. Then there's always scrolling through all of the touchscreen menus until I find what I need there. Maybe when I have a bit more time to dedicate to messing with the harmony settings I won't need to, but until then the "real" remote is faster and easier for me.

Oh yea, and I have no where else to put them so there's another reason for the caddy :D
Well it definitely looks nice and matches the room :) good stuff.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well it definitely looks nice and matches the room :) good stuff.
Thanks. I actually just contacted the people who made this for me and asked about doing something to hold all my blu-rays and DVD's. As long as the don't come back with "thousands of dollars and months to make it" then hopefully we can start hashing out the details.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Hopefully they come back with something reasonable for you. I'm stuck with plain black shelves for my blu rays. GAWD, it's the worst :p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Something to consider, a very affordable in-between compromise. How about two universal remotes? I use the WR7 for my stereo system, make sure it would work for you, it could be your dedicated quick-switch device remote, and the Harmony could be your macro remote. The URC is well built (feels more solid than any Harmony I've ever handled), and is only $20 from Amazon. It's two remotes, but that's still better than eight, or however many are really there.

I can understand wanting to use that caddy, because that has got to be the nicest remote caddy I've ever seen. This said, if I had to repurpose it, the first thing that came to mind was seeing if it could work as a nice little indoor herb garden. (I like cooking.) Many herbs can grow fine indoors, some might need more sunlight than others, so you can check out the available windows, etc. Just my 2 cents.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis