Finally coming together

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's been a while since I last looked at this thread. Verrrrry nice!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Finally got around to hooking up the anti-mode to the subwoofer (Outlaw LFM-1 EX) to try and get a hang of how it works. So far after my first attempt with it, got this from the LP single point. Eventually I'll do multi-point with multiple subs, but I wanted to get a feel for this thing. Something that was new to me, unlike audyssey, this thing runs something like 5+ sweeps to measure the room and then correct. I only lasted until the 5th one and then I left the apartment and let it finish.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Man what a huge difference the anti-mode made. I haven't been able to run audyssey in awhile, for whatever reason it stopped reading my subwoofer so of course I used it as an excuse to jump on the anti-mode. This thing is awesome and it can still do better than the above, plus it can do up to 4 subs. What a terrific little device.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So now I have the DEQ connected as well. The DEQ is in between the receiver and the Cinpro and will handle the RC and EQ of the Phils. Now I just have to figure out how to use both of them and get REW working again and the games can begin.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Three Vifa tweeters with waveguides.

Proprietary wool carbon cone woofer.

It's a little blurry, I'm not so good at the photo thing. If you look hard at the binding posts you'll see a little thingy above the top binding posts, that's an L-pad adjuster for the three tweeters.

Here's an image of the front slant

Side firing woofer

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Intervention? What's that? Did I mention I have my eye on something else already? :p:D

Jk.......Sort of.

Anyways, I haven't had a ton of time with these things, but so far they're pretty interesting. I love the increased bass output that the 12inch woofer gives, although they lack a bit of the clarity of the Phils, but I knew that going in. The upside that they have over the Phils, is the ability go take a ton of power with distortion. They may be future mains for a HT only setup someday. For now they may get relegated to surrounds. However, they image well, the soundstage is a pretty darn decent size and they're not fatiguing. I definitely need more time with them and I haven't even begun to play with the L-pad adjustment knob, but so far they're awesome.

Cabinet work is excellent, not quite up to Salk's standard, but then again I didn't ask for any extras and for the price, unbeatable. Like the Phils, the emphasis was on the design, drivers, and crossover. However, like I said, fit and finish is nothing to scoff at.

I actually really like the glossy back and bottom. While many would say that it's pointless due to the fact no one will probably ever see it, I think it's a nifty little surprise for anyone who looks back there. A cool signature feature of Source Technology Speakers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't see that model listed on their site. I didn't look for for the surrounds but maybe you could provide links. Are the towers passive? That's got me thinking about the amps in Walter's towers and sub. I can't remember exactly what they were but they were pretty powerful for plate amps.

If Walter is shilling for them he needs to step up his game.
On average he gets about 1 pair of speakers per year sold. :D

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't see that model listed on their site. I didn't look for for the surrounds but maybe you could provide links. Are the towers passive? That's got me thinking about the amps in Walter's towers and sub. I can't remember exactly what they were but they were pretty powerful for plate amps.

The plate amps he uses are Keiga (I think they're decend)HIFI-ALTERNATIVE.COM Keiga KGND52100 (1000 Watt) Digital Plate Amplifier . As far as shilling goes, locally I do pretty good for John. He takes good care of me and I get great prices for my friends. This year I did got 2 full sourround sound set-ups for a couple of friends. Might not be much but I like to help out where I can.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The plate amps he uses are Keiga (I think they're decend)HIFI-ALTERNATIVE.COM Keiga KGND52100 (1000 Watt) Digital Plate Amplifier . As far as shilling goes, locally I do pretty good for John. He takes good care of me and I get great prices for my friends. This year I did got 2 full sourround sound set-ups for a couple of friends. Might not be much but I like to help out where I can.
I'm sure your friends appreciate it too. My jeweler (I bought a watch from him) has Source Speakers and was pretty impressed that I had heard a few of their offerings. He was certainly happy that he owned them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the new speakers! I'm sure that Alex will give you 10 cents on the dollar during your bankruptcy liquidation sale. :D

Btw, I'd be scared to have those in my house. The tweeter arrangement reminds me of a spider's eyes. I'm a wuss, though. Carry on.

One of your brown pooches was sitting next to you on the couch when you took the pictures, right?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
One of your brown pooches was sitting next to you on the couch when you took the pictures, right?
I was going to caution him about making sure he's dressed when taking photo's because of you.
Thanks for illustrating my unmentioned point ... you pervert. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

Here are the towers

82WC

Here are the surrounds

RC-4

The RC4 page has updated pictures, but the 8.3 page doesn't. The tweeters are updated vifa tweeters with waveguide. They are totally passive speakers and have an L-pad adjuster to tweak the tweeter output because they are pretty sensitive. I haven't played with it yet.

I don't know if the we inchers are subwoofers per se. They're crossed over from the 8" at 100 Hz and the -3db point is 30Hz.

Congrats on the new speakers! I'm sure that Alex will give you 10 cents on the dollar during your bankruptcy liquidation sale. :D

Btw, I'd be scared to have those in my house. The tweeter arrangement reminds me of a spider's eyes. I'm a wuss, though. Carry on.

If I'm going bankrupt, I have quite a few more things to buy. :D

He's always sitting on the couch. Such a lazy dog, and refuses to leave even during sweeps and other obnoxious noises.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
We should be friends. Seriously.

On an unrelated note, here's a list of things that I'd like...

:D
1.......2........3.......POOF

We're friends :p

Just wait until I get the CBT36's and the Linkwitz Orions :D:D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I've talked to John several times. He's always busy, but has been very generous with his time when I've called.

And yes Walter "The Source Tech Shill" Duque, put me in touch with them. Thanks again Walter!

Enjoy your new speakers YAA!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope this is not what I was talking about at all. This is just something I picked up because I found a good deal on one. It's amazing all the things this can do.
Please define "good deal" - it's full retail is 715 EU or $927 (US) :eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis