Entertainment Center

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm gonna wire it to Cheryl's mouth. :eek::D
I interpreted that three different ways...none of which don't get you killed if she reads that. :D

Btw, nice looking banana plugs. Are you planning on using them on the inner wall side, or is that just for the picture?

EDIT: Oh, and yeah...that's one cool stop button. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
nice looking banana
Thanks, I get that a lot. :D

I almost didn't but c'mon, who we tryin' to kid? That's some funny sh!t. :D

Anyway I figured the best way to figure out where to drill holes for running wire would be to try to run the wire and see where the holes want to be.

Those are Monoprice plugs. Definitely a little cheesier than the more expensive ones but adequate. Pretty cheap too. Anyway I got to go find a coping saw. I'm going to throw the 2600 in there and make it work. Doing the wiring is like it's own project. Nothing is easy.

Swerd, your DIY threads are like 'you should try this' and mine are clear caution tales.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've got one if you want to swing by.:D
It would almost be worth it in respect to being able to further put this off. Ahhh ... four little but extraordinarily ill placed cuts need to happen in the cabinet ... and my suffering will have ceased.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Those are Monoprice plugs. Definitely a little cheesier than the more expensive ones but adequate. Pretty cheap too. Anyway I got to go find a coping saw. I'm going to throw the 2600 in there and make it work. Doing the wiring is like it's own project. Nothing is easy.
When I saw your earlier photos with the hatch door in the back, I thought that should make wiring things pretty easy. You'd have to go back & forth from room to room a lot until you were done, but I can think of worse cabinets with no rear access. You have to snake your arm into the back and work on the rear bits by feel. (Adam et al - knock yourself out with that line ;))

Swerd, your DIY threads are like 'you should try this' and mine are clear caution tales.
Your cabinet is a lot more complex than a bookshelf 2-way. It must have been difficult to imagine all the details and get them right, before you built it the first time. This isn't like watching Norm Abrams on TV where he first built a test version (with mistakes and warts) off camera, and then built the 2nd version with the camera running.

Anyway I figured the best way to figure out where to drill holes for running wire would be to try to run the wire and see where the holes want to be.
That's probably the only way to do it with a cabinet like that. The more built-in it gets, the more involved the wiring gets.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It would almost be worth it in respect to being able to further put this off. Ahhh ... four little but extraordinarily ill placed cuts need to happen in the cabinet ... and my suffering will have ceased.
That's why I wish we lived closer...we'd have it nailed today.
Then we'd go to Antony's Seafood for dinner.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is that what we, in the states, would refer to as "road-kill f*ckers" (in the literal sense)?
:eek: I'm glad that I've never heard about some of the stuff you guys throw out there. :eek: :D (And, yeah, that's a nervous grin.)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Doing the wiring is like it's own project. Nothing is easy.

Just moving the whole thing in and out of the wall, then leveling it up to make for drilling. Then snaking in the wires while fitting it back into the wall.

Doing a two man job alone really makes it drag on; another set of hands would really help.
Wonder if Adam can part with Craig for a few days?:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Just moving the whole thing in and out of the wall, then leveling it up to make for drilling. Then snaking in the wires while fitting it back into the wall.

Doing a two man job alone really makes it drag on; another set of hands would really help.
Wonder if Adam can part with Craig for a few days?:D
Rick, you and I could road trip up and slap it together while the monkey is working...shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This ... not impressed? ... oh well. :D

Beam's out again.

Ugly hole ... beamless.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
You know, with that aluminum beam , you could have a welder heliarc a shelf frame to it and have a completely cantilevered center shelf.. Just saying :)
Cheers, Mac

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
a completely cantilevered center shelf
I think I have that but without the welder and the heliarc. I drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 screws to fasten the shelf. I've dragged that beam around enough. It wants to stay home ... besides, stuffing that thing into a fofo just reminds me that I am in fact driving a fofo. It's depressing. :D

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Every project has a hump to get over, I just finished an over the top shower on a bath remodel. The rest is going to be piece o cake.
Cheers, Mac

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis