Entertainment Center

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I found these and I'm seriously considering adding a bunch of them to my entertainment stand.
I think just one for the rec'r might be a good start. How about wheels for the EC?

Will the fronts of those pockets be covered by something?
Yep, drywall with a plastic trim up to that wood grain plastic laminate. That plane will flush out with the corner bead (behind the 2 sheets of board leaned on the wall) in this pic.

How do the speaker wires for the fronts go from the receiver/amp to the speakers?
I'll drill holes in the top part of the cabinet that is directly under the wall. Once the wires are in the wall I can route them wall plates just outside the edges of the door pockets. The center channel wall plate will probably be in the aluminum beam.

If you can't keep the rear hatch open, you could always cut some holes in it to allow passive ventilation.
No more cutting. :D

The shelves look very wide without supports in the middle. What can you do if they sag under the weight of stuff?
3/4" x 3/4" Mahogany sticks placed vertically beside the equipment will take care of that. The shelves are only deep enough to catch the feet of a rec'r. Everything past the feet will overhang the shelf so it will be pretty much out of sight.

I don't get the part about the mopads. Where is the center speaker going?
Here's a temp mock up of the sliding shelf that will be fastened to the beam.

Retracted:

Extended:

Time to get to work! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The woman doesn't like the idea of wheels or how it would look so I'm looking into other options. I was thinking two of them, one for the receiver and one for the APC.

So will that shelf just stay in the pulled out position the whole time?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They won't be able to film the money shot if you don't.
So if I send you a video you'll send me a check? I'll get right on this. :p

no celebrity = no money

He'll just be another pathetic soul on the sexual offender list ...
My lack of fame was of little concern to that consenting sheep.
Regardless, the court says I'm not allowed near feed lots. :rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

no celebrity = no money

He'll just be another pathetic soul on the sexual offender list

...nice to see the justice system get something right!:)
What do you mean???

Alex is extremely popular with Mexican midget westlers and eastern European musteline necrophiliacs.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... musteline necrophiliacs.
Nope, not even gonna look that up so I win.

Here's the yo-yo-yo deal-io ...

It looked better without the flash and the different angles were about showing the space/rise of the MoPads. I put a couple of 'em under there sideways. It works, it's out of the way and it will not hard the ever loving finish. Oh yeah, the other angle was to try and show the grain off but I sort of missed the mark on both counts but but but I was only gonna spend so much time moving a tripod around that congested mess.

I need to do a lot of little things and let me tell you that they are all going to take about forever. First is to mod up that shelf suspension, drill holes for wire routing and take everything apart to access beam for ... well, lots of little things. This is the best part of my weekend so far.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Dude, you are such a tease. Just finish the d**n thing.

:D
I know. It is 11 in the morning. He has been up since 4am and all he has done is put 2 pads under a speaker and take two pics.:rolleyes::eek::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I know. It is 11 in the morning. He has been up since 4am and all he has done is put 2 pads under a speaker and take two pics.:rolleyes::eek::D
Oh, he's been busy...cracking jokes. Slacker. :p

Even I, as lazy as I am, pulled one of my amps out of the entertainment center yesterday, took it apart, reassembled it, moved it to another room, and reconnected up my speakers to my receiver. You think this guy could at least remodel his living room. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I must say I am exceedingly jealous of both Alex and YAA. Both are getting or have very nice new speakers. Even though I am happy with what I have I feel the itch coming on.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
From the way Craig talks, that looks like something his dad would do to his bedroom so that they could have a "flat screen" in the living room. :D
Hey - this is my Entertainment Center Thread, not a NAMBLA flag raising. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I must say I am exceedingly jealous of both Alex and YAA. Both are getting or have very nice new speakers. Even though I am happy with what I have I feel the itch coming on.
Two more on the way :D However that's leading me to another problem that I may have to ask Alex about. I'll deal with that later, time to change the oil.

Hey - this is my Entertainment Center Thread, not a NAMBLA flag waving. :D
FS: Cinepro 1K2, Outlaw 755, AB International 800.2, Oppo BDP-95, Onkyo 3009, Salk Song Center, Philharmonic 3's, Maple Entertainment stand, Outlaw LFM-1 EX, and assorted blu-ray movies.

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
FS: Cinepro 1K2, Outlaw 755, AB International 800.2, Oppo BDP-95, Onkyo 3009, Salk Song Center, Philharmonic 3's, Maple Entertainment stand, Outlaw LFM-1 EX, and assorted blu-ray movies.
How much for all of it? :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, you are such a tease. Just finish the d**n thing. :D
Oh, he's been busy...cracking jokes. Slacker. :p

Even I, as lazy as I am, pulled one of my amps out of the entertainment center yesterday, took it apart, reassembled it, moved it to another room, and reconnected up my speakers to my receiver. You think this guy could at least remodel his living room. :D
All this griping from guys who think dusting off a receiver is a "custom DIY mod" :rolleyes:.

Alex, if you finished the whole job before showing any of the photos, you'd be a genius instead of a lazy tease.

Of course, showing the pictures gradually, as you do the work, let's even the slow readers keep up with all the progress.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All this griping from guys who think dusting off a receiver is a "custom DIY mod" :rolleyes:.
Hey, now...I dusted off the inside of it. :p

Besides, you do realize that we aren't really griping, right? :) That entertainment center is coming along nicely. I take days or weeks to do just about anything it seems.

Speaking of doing stuff, I'm just resting in between scrubbing sessions on my kitchen sink. Yikes, I shouldn't have let it get so bad. Or, conversely, I should have just bought a new one...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Just checking in... I still want to see you and the Tiger foot race.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... if you finished the whole job before showing any of the photos, you'd be a genius ...
We can't change the past but we can leave it behind ...

I was trying to be a clever plagiarist but really just want to show everybody
the coolest off switch I've ever seen. I'm gonna wire it to Cheryl's mouth. :eek::D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis