Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chashint

Audiophyte
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

1. 45-Day total satisfaction guarantee
2. 60-Day guaranteed prices
3. 90-Day Defective Exchange
4. Free Shipping
5. 1-Year “ No Lemon” Guarantee
6. 1-Year Trade up policy
7. 1-Year performance guarantee
8. 5-Year unconditional warranty
9. The finest quality in every price range
10. Informative Pre-purchase advice and counsel
11. Total after purchase support

Favorite is 5 year unconditional warranty

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

Hummm, maybe a servo sub priced around the PB12+

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

Bang for the buck is huge, real 20Hz output, size matters too and in this case smaller is better

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
Question 1:

Customer service promises.

I like the one that isn't listed, but should be listed because it's their SOP and they're unique in the market for doing it: provide honest data about their products to consumers.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.[/b]

A collaboration with Dr. Earl Geddes on a multiple-subwoofer automagic measurement+calibration (levels, delays, PEQ) box that handles blending mains and multiple subwoofers together properly. Ideally it would also incorporate some of Dr. Geddes' latest ideas on decorrelation to increase one's perception of spaciousness. And has outputs for at least 4 subs, but preferably 6.

Price? Well, $500 or less would be nice. But as long as it's three figures it'll be good value.

And then a kit with a dual-opposed sub based on the mothballed Aura NRT-motored SB16, with two of the XXLS12-based subs as s

Question 3:

Smooth frequency response out to at least an octave beyond its nominal passband (let's say ~300Hz), along with enough volume displacement and amplifier power to meet the SPL demands required in its role as a part of that particular multisub system.

And for powered subs, continuous phase control and a lowpass filter that goes up at least to 200Hz.

Last edited:
C

ChickenSchmidt

Enthusiast
SV Sound is giving away either a PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD (winner's choice) Subwoofer to one (1) lucky entrant!

You've heard about them, you've read about them, you've probably drooled over them. Now it's time to take a stab at getting one for free! All you need do is answer a few questions in this contest thread and cross your fingers that your answer is the one randomly selected to win one of these great subs! Here's what you could be taking home:

PB12-NSD – Raising the Bar and Shattering Expectations
The NSD line is our most affordable family of subwoofers. But after experiencing the PB12-NSD, no one would dare call it ‘entry level’. Every component reflects SVS performance pedigree, and the PB12-NSD obliterates over-priced and under-performing brick & mortar subwoofers, even at twice the price. Prepare to be pleasantly shocked at what the PB12-NSD will bring to your music and home theater system – bass so accurate, detailed, dynamic, and deep that after one listen your old ‘subwoofer’ will be kicked to the curb.

Famous SVS pedigree and performance at a shockingly low price. Upgrade to the PB12-NSD and leave your old retail sub in the dust. Revel in bass so superbly rendered, that music and movies will never be the same – you’ll be rushing to listen to your entire collection again for the ‘first time’. Truly affordable world-class bass – only from SVS.

• New smaller and more manageable cabinet with even better performance.
  • Wide-flared 4” port for maximum air-flow with no artifacts.
  • 20 Hz tuning for optimal extension and output on all source material.
  • Curved metal grille for a stylish and high-tech appearance.
  • Exclusive SVS aluminum cone and composite dust cap for excellent transient response and resonance control.
  • 400 watts of efficient, cool-running Class D power with ‘green’ standby mode.
  • Stereo line-level RCA I/O connections.
  • Separate high-passed and unfiltered line level outputs.
  • Continuously variable low pass filter.
  • DSP control for refined behavior under all operating conditions.
  • MSRP: $769
Or:

SB12-NSD – The Gold Standard In Compact Sealed Subwoofers
Don't let the diminutive size of the SB12-NSD fool you – this fully pedigreed SVS cranks out so much tight and clean bass, you might actually start looking around the room to find the larger hidden subwoofer. Our secret? Top-shelf components, the most sophisticated DSP software and chipsets in the industry, and a relentless obsession to extract more bass performance from this size package than any other brand.

Barely cracking 14" on all sides and weighing a mere 35 pounds, this smallest SVS is easily portable and will fit almost anywhere in your listening room. But you won't want to hide a subwoofer this attractive; the SB12-NSD has the classy looks to match its remarkable performance.

• 14" cube and only 35 pounds - easy to move and locate anywhere.
  • High quality charcoal black vinyl finish, or high-grade piano gloss black for a slight cost premium.
  • Stylish curved metal grille.
  • 400 watts of efficient, cool-running Class D power with 'green' standby mode.
  • Stereo line-level RCA I/O connections.
  • Separate high-passed and unfiltered line level outputs.
  • Continuously variable low pass filter.
  • DSP control for optimized performance and refined behavior.
  • MSRP: $649

Contest Eligibility Requirements:
  • You Must be a registered Audioholics forum member
  • Have USA Residence
  • Answer the questions in the thread below
  • Post only ONCE in this thread

Contest Questions:
Please answer the below questions by replying to this thread and we will pick a winner randomly which will be announced on the Audioholics facebook fan page (facebook.com/audioholics), the SVS facebook page (facebook.com/SVSound) and in this thread.

How these questions are answered will not increase nor decrease the chances of winning.

Question 1:

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

Question 3:

For updates on this contest and all the latest info on SVS, follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/SVSound

Note this contest ends on February 29th, 2012. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite? Five year war Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.Question 3:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChickenSchmidt

Enthusiast
[
Question 1:
Five year warranty
Question 2:
A 15" or 18" ported or sealed sub.
Question 3:
Performance Price.
For updates on this contest and all the latest info on SVS, follow us on

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
pick me XD

Question 1:

The SVS bill of rights is a series of 11 promises or guarantees made by SVS to there customers to ensures that they receive the best possible customer experience before, during, and after the sale.

Personally I like #7 the best because it essentially guarantees no buyers remorse due to model upgrades for one year.

Question 2:

Passive box subwoofers

Question 3:

Price, 20 Hz output, size, accuracy

B

BobBart

Audioholic
1. An excellent set of customer service commitments. My favorite is the 5 year warranty.

2.Cheaper bass management tool around the price of the BFD.

3. Low extension and lots of power.

J

johnnyfire617

Enthusiast
Entry Post

Question 1:

The bill of rights are 11 promises set forth by SVS.
My favorites are Promise 6 and Promise 8.

Question 2:

I would like to see a DIY 18" driver build contest single or multiple driver allowed, with a $700 build budget. Maybe a new high performer at economical prices will emerge.

Question 3:

Response and Power.

M

Madhuski

Audioholic
1. The bill of rights are 11 promises SVS makes to the customers. Of them, my favourite is the 5 year unconditional warrentee.

2. I would like to see a lower cost ported entry into their lineup -- ie $350-500 for those who don't "need" a $750 sub, but would like SVS quality.

3. In a sub, I look for sound quality, spl, extension, but also improtantly could word of mouth. ie I looked at eD subs, but was swayed away by numerous issues well publicized on the forums. (FWIW SVS has a great rep)

thanks guys for doing this promo!

- Madhuski

Y

yaras1

Audiophyte
1. The bill of rights guarantees that you will have the best experience
thanks to the finest audio products in the world and
world class customer service and support. My favorite is the 5-year unconditional warranty.

2. A powerful and accurate sub. It should be priced to beat the competition.

3. A sub that can respond accurately to the low frequencies given to it.

mdanderson

mdanderson

Audioholic Intern
question 1: SVS Bill of Rights are 11 promises that represent the level of
customer service that SVS is committed to for their customers.
favorite is the 45 day total satisfaction guarantee.

question 2: I would like to see a sealed box sub with a 15in woofer. It should
come with an in-room bass correction kit and cost around
$1400.00.

question 3: The main thing I look for in a sub is accuracy and low end
extension.

W

Wills

Audiophyte
An amazing set of customer service promises and services. Promise #8 is amazing in today's electronic market.

Question 2:
A 2.1 system for the office listener. ~$300

Question 3:
LF extension, clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Question 1:

A great set of customer service guarantees. Personally, the 1 year no-lemon guarantee is an important one that most companies don't provide.

Question 2:

In the $300 12" ported sub budget range, the popular higher output subs tend to have decent high frequency response, peak in the 50hz range, and then roll off from there to comparatively low SPL in the 20-30hz range. Seems like their manufacturers gamble on room gain for boosts in the low end. Not to mention, they tend to produce very high levels of distortion in that range. I think there's a market for a 12" budget ported sub that focuses instead strictly on the 80-20hz range, only with a flatter response in that range and less distortion on the low end. Lot of people buying inexpensive towers and/or inexpensive full range bookshelves that would benefit from such a sub.

Question 3:

As with a lot of people, good SPL, low freqency extension, and SQ in a good price/performance ratio :)

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Question 1:
A statement about their commitment to great customer service.
Favorite is the 5 year warranty.

Question 2:
A high quality but entry level "Music first" subwoofer 8" and $250 or so if possible.
Question 3:
For my HT...I like to get low freq performance to max out those deep sounds but at an affordable price. Looks are not important.
For music, I want fast, accurate bass.

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
Question 1:

That would be...45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Question 2:

Wireless sub connectors. Stereo pair under $250.00

Question 3:

Cost, output, appearance.

H

HV71

Audiophyte
svs pb12-NSD

Question 1:
1: my favorit is 45 days total satisfaction guarntee

Question 2:

2:A new passive DSP Equ for setup of 1 to 4 subs.price range 500-800$.

Question 3:
3:Dynamics and set-up controll.

J

jjlong

Audiophyte
Svs contest

Question 1:

11 promise's to insures a great experance from SVS
Favorite - Support after the sale

Question 2:

An inexpensive Sub, with the looks (side panels ) 12" under $500

Question 3:

Muiscality, Impact, value!

B

bigtim2000

Audiophyte
Question 1:

-Promises from SVS and my favorite is the 45 day total satisfaction garantee

Question 2:

2 channel power amp at ~ $500
or a > $500 subwoofer with a 10" speaker

Question 3:

Performance and cost.

S

sldysart

Audiophyte
SVS Contest Entry

Question 1:
A set of 11 vendor promises (that apply to continental US customers only) designed to insure the customer has the best experience in acquiring and enjoying the finest audio products in the world. PROMISE #8...
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY is my favorite.

Question 2:
Your product line is so much more complete than the last time I checked in. I don't know what the market size is for this, but the only area missing might be a TV Sound bar to be used for secondary TV viewing. An internal amp and array of speakers with the ability to adjust the angle of the reflective pair HDMI, aux, iPod inputs and remote. $500-750

Question 3:
Sound quality, the ability to blend seamlessly with existing speakers, functional design and clean styling.

R

raynist

Junior Audioholic
#6, the trade up policy!

Question 2:
A larger sealed sub, or a multi driver sealed sub, as close to $1000 as possible.

Question 3:
Extension, quality build, customer service

K

Kbarnett

Enthusiast
Question 1:

- An extensive list of customer protection resources and values. My favorite is the 5 year warranty.

Question 2:

- I feel like an auto EQ function to your current lineup would be perfect. With a mic and possibly a remote. ~150USD more than what each model currently is priced at.

Question 3:

- A sub that provides clean balanced powerful output with an honest and fair price tag. Quality parts that will stand the test of time. Craftsmanship that shows in the product. MADE IN USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis