Enter to Win: SVS PB12-NSD or a SB12-NSD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
Question 1:
What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?

The SVS Bill of Rights is SVS's pledge to the people to guarantee the best experience thanks to the finest audio products in the world and world class customer service and support. There are 11 promises. My favorite is Promise Number 4: FREE SHIPPING to my house.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I am an original owner of a SBS 5.1 speaker system. Going back to early 2000's, I was excited for the Large Tower Premium Series that was teased on the forums. It never happened. The M Series did, but I'd like to see higher end Series of large Towers, maybe in the $2500/pair range.

Question 3:
What do you look for in a great subwoofer?

I could talk about specs, but really its more about a couple of things. Value and craftsmanship or designs that can't easily be done DIY for the same cost and/or time savings justification.

W

wbf333

Audiophyte
Question 1 - Promise 4, free shipping

Question 2 - Dipole surrounds for around $400

Question 3 - Performance at a reasonable price

B

BerserkBeagleAZ

Audiophyte
Question 1:
#1 – 45-day total satisfaction guarantee
#2 – 60-day guaranteed prices
#3 – 90-day defective exchange guarantee
#4 – free shipping
#5 – 1-year "no lemon" guarantee
#6 – 1-year trade-up policy
#7 – 1-year performance guarantee
#8 – 5-year unconditional warranty
#9 – the finest quality in every price range
#10 – informative pre-purchase advice & counsel
#11 – total after purchase support

I like #1, #6 and #7 for relieving buyers remorse.

Question #2

In-wall front and center speakers with SVS sound quality. $300 each.

Question #3

Loud, clean bass that doesn't distort in the smallest package possible (wife acceptance factor)

D

dar_of_emur

Audiophyte
Question 1:

A series of 11 promises by SVS, as detailed on your website,
My favorite is the one year, no lemon, guarantee.

Question 2:
What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.

I listen to most of my music via itunes on desktop computers, thru cruddy speakers. I would love to see a 2.1 SVS option. Price range ~ $100.

Question 3:

Remember the scene in Jurassic Park where they see the waves in the puddle water from the T Rex... well, I have a neighborhood pool around 12 homes down from mine.. I want that pool water to rumble from my sub.

U

utopianemo

Junior Audioholic
1.The SVS bill of rights is a set of customer service guarantees. My favorite is free shipping, considering how much subs can weigh!

2.I would like to see an MTM LCR without ports where the driver array is arranged across the center line of the speaker face, the intent being all 3 front channels can be oriented vertically without looking asymmetrical. The speaker should be tuned for placement on or in a wall or cabinet. The response curve should drop off at 80Hz and cost less than $500/ea.

3. In a great sub I look for a relatively fast, smooth response and the ability to hit deep and hard.

J

jawhn

Audiophyte
Question 1:

A list of promices that assure the customer of a good buying experience.

#4...FREE SHIPPING

Question 2:

15" to 18" Duel driver sub w/EQ. $1500-$2500

Question 3:

Accurate, Tight, Deep bass that you can FEEL.:D

L

letsboogiedown

Audiophyte
SVS sub contest

Question #1:
Bill of Rights is a pledge for the customer to have a great experience with your company. My fav: 1 year trade up policy.

Q#2:
Small, fast sub to complement desktop systems like near-field monitors. ~$150.

Q#3:
Speed, accuracy, musicality.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Svs

1)The B.O.R is not only a guarantee but also a statement relaying their dedication to their products and to our satisfaction.
2) I would really like to see some different finishes, especially on the PC12, 12 and Legato line. Maybe a nice mahogany look, i don't know. Would create an incredible waf.
3) I want something with tight control for music, you enough impact to deliver a great movie experience. Also want something that the wife thinks is "pretty", which allows me to then place another as well.

S

shadybot

Audiophyte
SVS contest

Question 1:

It is the SVS pledge to give the customer a great experience.
favorite = 45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Question 2:

In wall sub!!

Question 3:

Low frequency response and a flat response curve.

:cool::cool:

M

mjcmt

Audioholic
Question 1: What are the SVS Bill of Rights and which is your favorite?
PROMISE #9 THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE

Question 2: What is the next product you would like to see from SVS? Describe it in as much detail as you like, and let us know what it should cost.
In-wall speakers for those concerned with architectural design, and those who just can't seem to fit speakers into their environment, especially important w/ surrounds. The cost should follow you policy of 'THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE'.

Question 3: What do you look for in a great subwoofer?
Musicality, tonality throughout the frequency range (no one-note bass), tight defined bass without boominess. Oh, did I say musicality!

K

kmpurc56

Audiophyte
SVS Subwoofer contest

Q-1
1. 45-Day total satisfaction guarantee
2. 60-Day guaranteed prices
3. 90-Day Defective Exchange
4. Free Shipping
5. 1-Year “ No Lemon” Guarantee
6. 1-Year Trade up policy
7. 1-Year performance guarantee
8. 5-Year unconditional warranty
9. The finest quality in every price range
10. Informative Pre-purchase advice and counsel
11. Total after purchase support

Q-2
I would like to see a higher end matched bookshelf/center type surround sound speaker system. Salk Sound offers an HTS Home Theater System with five or more matched speakers. They allow you to purchase pairs or singles at different price points. The reason I’m intrigued by this is that this actually reflects multi-channel music quite well as I believe these channels are delivered same signal/frequency range and build for each speaker. I also saw an old picture of the Lucas THX sound mixing studios using the same matched speaker system from B&W. This would lead me to believe to achieve similar reproduction of both music multi-channel (SACD and DVD Audio) and home theater mixed by the studio, maybe you should match all speakers. Salk Sound also designs the speakers specifically to use with a subwoofer at the same crossover range (80 to 50 Hz). The price is $1499 for a pair of their top end speaker pair and $749 for a single. Rather than having to buy singles and pairs, sell the set for example 5 matched speakers $3500. It would definitely be better for equalization.

Q-3
I think that a subwoofer should reach the lower Hz range of 18 to 20 +- 3b. I think it is equally important that the +- range should be able to reach no more than 90 Hz. I pick this range as I will expect to use standard THX crossover of 80 Hz as the highest crossover point. I think the plus +- range is important because too much of a DB gain at the higher end just equalize well. I would like to see an in room range in the 20 to 80 Hz range, no more than 5 DB difference top to bottom

O

odiedarklord

Audiophyte
Question 1:

The total after purchase support

Question 2:

A ture surround sound speaker

Question 3:

flat bass

M

Mailman74

Audiophyte
Question 1:

11 Promises and Guarantees that SVS offer with purchases. My favorite is #5 - One year trade up

Question 2:

I would like to see a shorter cylinder sub. Something that is not over 36" tall and that could be hidden stuck in a corner and not be ported. It would be nice for an entry level cylinder sub costing around $400.

Question 3:

Loud, couch shaking, tight bass

P

Phonzo07

Audiophyte
SVS Subwoofer Sweepstakes..

Question 1:

Did I really have to write my own?? Or use my Computer Savvy??

Thanks kmpurc56... Much Love!!

1. 45-Day total satisfaction guarantee
2. 60-Day guaranteed prices
3. 90-Day Defective Exchange
4. Free Shipping
5. 1-Year “ No Lemon” Guarantee
6. 1-Year Trade up policy
7. 1-Year performance guarantee
8. 5-Year unconditional warranty
9. The finest quality in every price range
10. Informative Pre-purchase advice and counsel
11. Total after purchase support

I personally like the 5 year unconditional warranty. Electronics break or defect, and it's good to know the product is guaranteed 5 years. "It makes a man feel good inside". (Tommy Boy)

Question 2:

I think we should see a bigger Driver, 15.5" or so 16"... Bigger Driver, about 1500 watts, Ported/ With plugs. All the technical jazz I really don't know.. lol But it's just a thought. Price.. Around 1500 - 2000... Yes, the price is unrealistic for real quality, but would love to see that. lol

Question 3:
Chest Pounding, Extension, and Looks... Oh yeah..!

M

MaxVal

Audiophyte
Enter to Win:

Question 1:

Promise #6, the one year tradeup policy.

Question 2:

How about an Isobaric sub design? It could help those of us that need to deal with the W.A.F.

Question 3:

Clean extended LF response with authority from a "reasonably" sized/priced sub, built by
"THE SOUND AUTHORITY".

P

pyrocyborg

Audiophyte
Question 1:

- I would say both the 1 year performance warranty and 5 years warranty. They know how to be proud of their products.

Question 2:

- I would say as many peoples, a new line of integrated amplifier/electronics ranging from 400$ and up. I would gladly pay if it's about the same quality than your speakers/subs. :)

Question 3:

- I'm not about big sound, I'm about great sound... but SVS offers both, so... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jdcsi99

Audiophyte
Question 1:
45-DAY TOTAL SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
60-DAY GUARANTEED PRICES
90-DAY DEFECTIVE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE
FREE SHIPPING
1-YEAR "NO LEMON" GUARANTEE
1-YEAR TRADE-UP POLICY
1-YEAR PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE
5-YEAR UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY
THE FINEST QUALITY IN EVERY PRICE RANGE
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
INFORMATIVE PRE-PURCHASE ADVICE & COUNSEL
#9 -- Quality in price range is best... Limited budget but high hopes, this is what I and most people are looking for!

Question 2:
More center speaker options, in some different cabinets (colors, wood, modern, cleaner looking cabinets). The current ones are boxy and plain looking but since I have to pass the wife-factor aesthetic committee, looks play a larger role (sigh) than just the specs.

Question 3:
It has to priced right, beat out the common B&M brands and have clean bass!

R

rkl525

Audiophyte
Question 1:

These are a set of promises and assurances that give the customer peace of mind when purchasing from SVS. My favorite would be the five year warranty.

Question 2:

I would like to see a dual-opposed design with the 13.5" drivers and a 2000 watt DSP amp.

Question 3:

I look for good cost-to-performance ratio, quality materials, low distortion, and innovative design.

W

Wineguy

Audiophyte
SVS Subwoofer Submission

Question 1:

The pledge/guarantee to provide the best experience in regards to service and support in the world.

Question 2:

I would like to see a line of in wall speakers that are audiophile quality and unobtrusive enough to use in a family room. Precise cost would be tough to predict, without insider knowledge, but value would be key. A quality listening experience within the range of affordability.

Question 3:

In a "great" subwoofer I expect to be able to feel a massive punch in the chest during explosive moments in a movie, yet provide a tight, clean musicality when listening to jazz or classical numbers. And it should cost less than competitors in the same price range......ie, a great value.

R

rolonmascara

Audiophyte
1. #8 Nice long term warranty

2. Powered sub for computer speaker systems, 40 watts of really clean power would be enough.

3. Value, performance and size compatible with my home environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis