Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance - 40%
Price - 20%
Aesthetics - 5%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions - 5%
Professional Reviews - 20%
Personal Recommendations - 0%
Other (please describe) - 0%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other - My HTPC, self built, dual TV tuners and full access to streaming, plus media library on home server
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? Receiver. Make your own brand rather than using another brand

T

TheLaw612

Audioholic Intern
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance - 25%
Price - 25%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Personal Recommendations - 10%
Other (please describe)

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

My PS3 is what I use to stream movies through Netflix and my home network.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

I'd love to see some more budget minded speakers from Outlaw.

M

Megawatts

Audiophyte
Questions:

Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 30%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff - YES

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? 15 inch sub - bigger, louder, deeper!

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Performance 40
Price 30
Aesthetics 20
Brand Reputation 10
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

Xbox 360, I use it for Netflix. It's convenient because I only need 1 ethernet cable going to the entertainment system.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

reasonably priced high performance headphone amps

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
1)
Price 50%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 25%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 5%

2)
other- My HTPC, by far the highest versatility.

Don't know enough about outlaw to really answer this.

G

garebear

Audiophyte
Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance - 30%
Price - 25%
Aesthetics - 10%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Personal Recommendations - 5%
Other (please describe)

When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
A Boxee Box. It plays all of my local media as well as Netflix. Plus my wife likes the interface.

What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
More floorstanding speakers.

J

Jover360

Audiophyte
1)
Performance 25%
Price 25%
Aesthetics 25%
Brand Reputation 15%
Professional Reviews 10
Personal Recommendations 0%
Other (please describe)

2)
first the xbox 360
second the Apple Tv

3)
Receiver

N

nickboros

Audioholic

Performance = 25%

Price = 25%

Aesthetics = 10%

Brand Reputation = 10%

Discounts and Promotions = 5%

Professional Reviews = 25%

Personal Recommendations = 0%

Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other

I use a PS3, since I had one before my Oppo Bluray player and it streams everything that I want at this point.

Outlaw seems very competitive with the LFM-1 EX in its price range. Maybe a sub in the $1000 price range that is also very competitive.

P

puckhead

Audioholic Intern
Questions:

Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 5%
Other (please describe) 0%

my Blu-ray Player - Oppo 95 - it works very well, is easy to use, and supports FLAC files

A new analog bass management product (or bring back the old one). There is a lack of good and affordable analog bass management tools on the market and your old one was a proven winner.

D

dawgincontrol

Audiophyte
Performance - 50%
Price - 30%
Aesthetics - 5%
Brand rep. - 10%
Discounts & Promos - Goes with price
Pro Reviews - 1%
Personal Rec. - 4%

2) HTPC

3) None, they should do what fits them

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
  • Performance 70%
  • Price 5%
  • Aesthetics 5%%
  • Brand Reputation 5%
  • Discounts and Promotions 5%
  • Professional Reviews 5%
  • Personal Recommendations 5%

my Blu-ray Player - PANASONIC BD 220 - easy setup, fast, streams Netflix w/ 5.1 DD+, WiFi remote app for both iOS & Android, plays BD discs. Also my HTPC for streaming BD.

Tower speakers. Outlaw only has bookshelf speaker.

S

Sgratien

Audioholic Intern

Performance 60%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 5%

PS3, I don't do much streaming- mostly disk. The PS3 does everything i need it to

subs with a little more visual appeal would be a nice addition

N

ndskurfer

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance: 50%
Price: 20%
Aesthetics: 5%
Brand Reputation: 5%
Discounts and Promotions: 5%
Professional Reviews: 15%
Personal Recommendations: 0%

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system: Xbox 360, mainly used for ESPN3 for FCS Football.
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.): Squeezebox Classic for Streaming music - quality sound and easy to use
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff: All movies are played on the shiny round stuff :)

I am looking forward to a high end Outlaw Pre-Pro of which includes Audyssey XT32 (e.g. Outlaw 978...). I own many Outlaw products, but this is the one item that I have left on my upgrade list.

F

fbov

Enthusiast
  • Performance - 50%
  • Price - 30%
  • Aesthetics
  • Brand Reputation
  • Discounts and Promotions
  • Professional Reviews - 20%
  • Personal Recommendations
  • Other (please describe)
  • my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system - use Wii for our streaming needs
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other - AVR provides the best access to streaming, as it's not all video or audio.
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
About all that's missing is headphones... amps and processors would fit in the product line.

Thanks!
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Madhuski

Audioholic
  • Performance - 75%
  • Price - 0% (assuming its within my stated budget)
  • Aesthetics - 5%
  • Brand Reputation - 20%
  • Discounts and Promotions - 0%
  • Professional Reviews - 5%
  • Personal Recommendations - 0%
- 0%

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff - I never stream. use Blu ray and CD's still

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? - I'd like to see a higher end sub - something that is desinged to compete with the SVS plus/ultra, for example. As to why: because the lfm-ex seems to be such a price:performance hit, I'd like to see what Outlaw can do at a higher price category

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Questions:

Performance 30%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 5%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 10%
Other (please describe)

other - my htpc(s), various AMD/machines. Use it to record tv. and can watch on the other tvs around the house, stream music, use it for dvds or blu rays, netflix, internet, etc.

AV Receiver- because the popping sound with a signal in one channel of mine is bugging me, so it might be the piece of equipment I'll look to replace first. More receivers, more choices, is good.

P

Phonzo07

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance - 60
Price - 30
Aesthetics -3
Brand Reputation -1
Discounts and Promotions -1
Professional Reviews -5
Personal Recommendations -
Other (please describe)
my smart TV - Do not use it for streaming..
my Blu-ray Player - Do not use it for streaming.
my gaming system - ... I like it but hate the copyright krap.. Cinavia.. Streams well though.
other
I would like to see a 15" subwoofer. Like the LFM but more powerful. Already have a LFM ex but need another. This is a wonderful affordable subwoofer. I would think a 15" around the 800-1000 price would rock.

C

Cozmo

Audioholic
Questions:

Performance - 70%
Price -10%
Aesthetics - 5%
Brand Reputation - 5%
Discounts and Promotions -5%
Professional Reviews -5%
Personal Recommendations - 0%

my gaming system - Sony PS3, it is the only streaming device I own currently

A new state of the art pre/pro with MultEQ XT32 or similar. I was awaiting the 978 when it was cancelled.

E

elmorage

Audioholic Intern
Questions:

Performance 40%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 10%

my stand alone streaming device - APPLE TV version 2. Easy user interface, has everything in one place, linked to my itunes account where I can use gift cards.

Horizontal bookshelf speakers. Many bookshelf speakers are only designed to sit vertically and due to space limitations I need a speaker that can be laid sideways. There really are not many good options at this point.

U

utopianemo

Junior Audioholic
Questions:
  • Performance 40%
  • Price40%
  • Aesthetics 5%
  • Brand Reputation 5%
  • Discounts and Promotions 2%
  • Professional Reviews 8%
  • Personal Recommendations
I prefer Blu Ray, but If I stream, I do it on my laptop.

I think Outlaw should make a new 5.1 speaker package: high performing sub/monitor or tower package. Why? Because everyone would know it would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis