Emotiva UMC-1 released

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately he wants me to fix this leak on the liquid oxygen storage tank first. :(

You guy are complaining about the cold. Try working around a leak of that stuff for awhile.

Hey, being needed is just good ol' job security. :cool:
2 words:

Duct tape.

2 more:

Open Box!!!!!

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
Where's our review???? We've only been waiting for a year and a half to find out about this thing!!!!

majorloser

majorloser

Where's our review???? We've only been waiting for a year and a half to find out about this thing!!!!
Unfortunately I have a job that calls me out at all hours of the night and day. Haven't had much time to do anything except open the box.

majorloser

majorloser

I dont get paid to drink :eek:
Went in a 3AM this morning and just got home a few minutes ago. :(

But I have a job, it pays the bills and I have enough left over for toys. So it's not all bad, just damn inconvenient at times (like when my new toys arrive).

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Went in a 3AM this morning and just got home a few minutes ago. :(

But I have a job, it pays the bills and I have enough left over for toys. So it's not all bad, just damn inconvenient at times (like when my new toys arrive).
should have been shipped to me first:p SORRY ABOUT THE NON-Florida weather up there, its 43 here burrrr

majorloser

majorloser

should have been shipped to me first:p SORRY ABOUT THE NON-Florida weather up there, its 43 here burrrr
Yeah, I've been out in it since 3AM with lots of rain. Got into the 20's this afternoon.
We actually have sleet. On the Central Florida coast! :eek:

Amazing when you see the picture above and see how nice the weather was yesterday.

I've been wet and freakin' cold all day.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I've been out in it since 3AM with lots of rain. Got into the 20's this afternoon.

Amazing when you see the picture above and see how nice the weather was yesterday.

hell yes.... my buddy lives in Jacksonville, and he was cryin as it was so cold down there...... :)

So now that you are done workin.... and you have had a few minutes...

First Thoughts ?

J

jamie2112

Banned

Its 75 here today and sunny......just FYI.:eek::D:D

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
OK Guys, am I on the weather channel forum or what? :confused:
Oh! While I am waiting for a review, its in the 20s here also.:D

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
They have a forum?! Dang. I've wasted YEARS over here...

:D
Hanging out on the weather channel forum would most definitely be better for me financially. On second thought, Doppler radar would be nice to have.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
Hmm...no first thoughts from Major eh?:cool:

Maybe I'll fill in the slow spots with my impressions of my Integra DHC 40.1 --- just have to get it first. Should be here on the 13th according to UPS.

majorloser

majorloser

Been ripping the rack apart this morning and getting everything re-organized. Still a little bit of a mental zombie from work yesterday. But toys are meant to be played with!

Just installing the UMC-1 and setting up all the various inputs. There is quite a bit to go through and just some components that are plain subborn (like my PC's video card). But all inputs are up and configured. Now it's time to start calibrations. This is going to take some time since I will be doing the video, too.

I did run a quick cycle of EmoQ just to what it would do. It worked well, just need to adjust all my amp gains and subwoofers prior to using it. I was playing with it a little too early in my setup.

EARLY THOUGHTS
(more to follow)

Lets start with the very few negative items just to get them out of the way:

• I wish the remote was larger and backlit (old eyes).
  • I wish the microphone jack was in the front.
  • I wish there was one set of front aux input jacks for cameras, iPods, etc.
  • I wish there was a separate button for each input or at least a couple favorites.

And now for the positive items:

• The UMC-1 came very well packed. Double boxed and very secure.
  • I like the design and finish of the UMC-1
  • The rear panel is not overly cramped.
  • Jacks are easily accessible.
  • Labeling on the rear is easy to read (minor typo on digital inputs 3 & 4)
  • The UMC-1 so far does an EXCELLENT job of scaling to 1080p for my projector.

So, the rest of the evening will be spent getting all of the individual components calibrated and playing "nice" with each other. Oh, as far as sound quality for the UMC-1, even though I haven't got it calibrated, it's head over heals better than the B&K Ref 31 that it replaced. And it should be!

I will update my theater thread with pics when everything is complete. I figure there's no sense posting the same pictures you can get all over the web. This unit's final location will be in Loserwife's bedroom setup as soon as the XMC-1 is released. So for now it's on loan to my theater. :eek:

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I was curious to see/hear/read how the Genesis Torino would do, I guess that excellent is the word.:)

majorloser

majorloser

I was curious to see/hear/read how the Genesis Torino would do, I guess that excellent is the word.:)
So far no complaints.

I still need to finish all the video calibrations before putting the final stamp of approval on it. But from what I've seen so far, I see absolutely no reason to think there will be any issues.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
The UMC-1 so far does an EXCELLENT job of scaling to 1080p for my projector.
Do you have a comparison point? Just curious how I should think of excellent.

I see your other forum thread. You're probably comparing against the OPPO BDP-83 and/or Toshiba HD-A2.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Do you have a comparison point? Just curious how I should think of excellent.

I see your other forum thread. You're probably comparing against the OPPO BDP-83 and/or Toshiba HD-A2.
Josuah said:
Ok, and?:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis