Emotiva UMC-1 released

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
The Emotiva UMC-1 prepro is now shipping to the first preorder customers. Anxious to here reviews on this one.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Mine is due to ship tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have it this weekend. I'll let you folks know what I think.

majorloser

majorloser

I should be getting one by this weekend.

I hope to get some pics and early comments if I can clear out my rack. :eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Such an attractive price! I like that it seems relatively bare bones. I think they should have forgotten about Faroudja and passed on the savings, personally. I can name several other scaling engines I'd rather have, if I even cared.

I think I've read that Dolby Volume works relatively on par with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and EQ. Is that true, or does anyone have any comparative threads/links for me?

Congrats to those who are getting this unit!

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Yes, congrats to those with great patience :)
The Emotiva Lounge will be a nicer place once they get the UMC-1 out in mass quantity.

Dolby Volume and Audyssey Dynamic Volume are essentially the same concept.

Audyssey Dynamic EQ is different though, it is a sort of automatic "house curve" that works at volumes below reference to compensate for decreased sensitivity to bass at low volumes. Considering that few people actually listen at reference level all the time it can be quite useful.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Such an attractive price! I like that it seems relatively bare bones. I think they should have forgotten about Faroudja and passed on the savings, personally. I can name several other scaling engines I'd rather have, if I even cared.

I think I've read that Dolby Volume works relatively on par with Audyssey Dynamic Volume and EQ. Is that true, or does anyone have any comparative threads/links for me?

Congrats to those who are getting this unit!
Emotiva said:
Genesis/ST® Torino high performance scaling engine - featuring a full implementation of the Faroudja DCDi™ image processing suite
It's not a standard DCDi configuration. Faroudja DCDi is more the platform than the workhorse in this configuration, the Torino does the heavy lifting while the DCDi draws up the plans.:)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I got an e-mail from Emotiva this morning to tell me that my UMC-1 isn't shipping today, with no explanation or ETA. :mad:

I gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty pissed with all of these delays. There is one guy on the Emotiva board that won some contest to be the first one to get a UMC-1, so maybe they're holding off on the other units so that this guy can be first. Seems pretty stupid to me though.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I got an e-mail from Emotiva this morning to tell me that my UMC-1 isn't shipping today, with no explanation or ETA. :mad:

I gotta tell ya, I'm getting pretty pissed with all of these delays. There is one guy on the Emotiva board that won some contest to be the first one to get a UMC-1, so maybe they're holding off on the other units so that this guy can be first. Seems pretty stupid to me though.
I heard that the guy who won that is a huge Giants fan.:D

Last edited:
Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
When AH reviews the UMC-1 and tells me it does what I need, I'll buy it. If not, maybe the XMC-1 will.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

Site seems to indicate backorder for several months, this isn't unexpected. I'm sure this is exactly why they waited to release it for so long, I guess production still wasn't big enough to meet demand.

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
Just got my preorder confirmation. Says I will be contacted in the next few months when mine is ready to ship. Should give me plenty of time to weigh in the reviews.:rolleyes:

majorloser

majorloser

All I can say is there is a very good reason for the one day delay. But it is coming as promised. No BS'n or empty promises. ;)

"Patience young grasshopper. The end of your quest is within your reach."

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
All I can say is there is a very good reason for the one day delay. But it is coming as promised. No BS'n or empty promises. ;)

"Patience young grasshopper. The end of your quest is within your reach."
Wait, wut? Do you work for Emotiva or something? Have I missed some important detail?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've been out of the AV loop for some time ...

aside from price, what else is new if say i had a denon 3808 :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis