Emotiva UMC-1 released

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now that is interesting!

I have never even thought of that!:D
That's what I must have. I want all my shiz to stay HDMI, but the bedroom TV can take component. If the UMC-1 will do as I want, and I can individually assign a UPA-7 amplifier to have 5 speakers in the living room and 2 in the bedroom, I WILL UPGRADE! If not, two amps, screw it.

majorloser

majorloser

How does one even begin do fix something like that. Can you turn it off?
1- Very carefully.
2- No, you work on it leaking.

Actually, I spray water on it till it builds a block of ice that acts like a plug. Then I can access the leaking joints. The cold weather causes the flanged joints and valve packings to leak. Happens every year. And of course I don't trust anybody else to fix it.

Note the pretty light blue coloring on the concrete slab. That's actually liquid oxygen pooled on the ground. Below -290 degree. If the liquid spraying out hits any part of your body, it's toast. The concrete actually absorbs the LOX. Freezes your shoes right to the ground if you stand in one place.

Fun, fun, fun!

I got that one repaired, now on to a broken 24" diameter concrete water line. Repair parts won't arrive till after 7pm tonight.

majorloser

majorloser

It has component outs, and it's supposed to be able to convert HDMI inputs to analog for output over component. INVESTIGAGE SIR!!!
Roger, Wilco!

I'll check that out. Might be a couple days till I get everything sorted out, though. :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Unfortunately he wants me to fix this leak on the liquid oxygen storage tank first. :(
Careful. That stuff is tricky for an advanced mimetic polyalloy such as yourself.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Liquid metal."

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Roger, Wilco!

I'll check that out. Might be a couple days till I get everything sorted out, though. :(
Did I say investigage? LOL, sorry. :eek:

Take your time, I won't buy until I know it's capable. Maybe even go UMC-1 + UPA-5 + UPA-2.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The UMC-1 has landed!!!!

I hate to admit that I have no idea when I'll have the time this weekend to open the box and start installation. I took the picture with my cell phone before putting it in my truck. Straight from the FedEX truck to mine. Things are a little hectic with work lately. But I just thought there was some people out there that needed some convincing that the UMC-1 has really started shipping.:cool:
LOL!!! Great post!:D Congrats on getting it. Looks like it's finally getting into user hands...

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
The Emotiva UMC-1 prepro is now shipping to the first preorder customers. Anxious to here reviews on this one.
Looks pretty solid; no nonsense in this product.
I wish it had balanced output ...

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
The upcoming XMC-1 will be fully balanced.
Can you break down any other differences, particularly in terms of features, and perhaps an expected price? Thanks majorloser.

oh, btw, almost forgot: congrats!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Mine shipped today. I had to drop an extra $80 to get it delivered tomorrow, but I had to have it! I'm sure I'll be spending all day tomorrow setting it up.

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
What? No faith?

Now I suppose you want me to have it hooked up, tested and a complete review written before the end of the night?
Yes, thats not asking too much is it? Not too late though, I have to be at work early a.m.

itschris

itschris

Shoot, it's probably just a box with bricks inside.:eek:
Exactly what I was thinking. With their track record on this piece, I just refuse to believe anything until I see it. And to be honest, this really isn't available... if you buy one now... you won't see for a few months from what I understand. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Put it up on eBay, you'll get over $1000 for it.

itschris

itschris

Exactly what I was thinking. With their track record on this piece, I just refuse to believe anything until I see it. And to be honest, this really isn't available... if you buy one now... you won't see for a few months from what I understand. I hope I'm wrong about that.
Okay... I stand corrected... no bricks.

S

s52e368

Full Audioholic
it will pass audio thru hdmi now right ? vs the mmc.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
Does it have the users manual packed with it?

Emo seems to think this is top secret. Like many people I like to read the manual to see what it can and cannot do. This information is out there but so scattered as to not be usable.

Since I wasn't on their first pre-order list and have no idea how long the wait really would be to get one in the normal manner - IE - ordering it directly off a web page - I bought an Integra DHC 40.1. I'll have that early next week.

As much as Emotiva have dragged this out getting it to market I doubt their website advertising it as " In stock and available for regular shipping Feb. 2010" is gospel. Does anyone besides me think this may be March or even April?

Maybe when the XMC-1 comes out I'll take a look but I just don't see anything interesting enough for me to sell the 40.1 for the UMC-1 - especially when I haven't even got it yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis