DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
No, it was within this month I believe and titled something like The Beginning of the End. It wasn't the company that Dane works for that interested me, rather the entire post which spoke of the lingering effects of Shifty's Kool Aid.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just googled "Mark Schifter" with quotations, and the first link was a Stereophile article titled the Ascent of Mark Schifter. The second and third links were of his indictment.
Google gave me the options of the name + av123, raffle, indicted, arrested.

I feel sorry for any other people of this name, especially a professional/doctor where people might be compelled to actually google the name and get all this crap in the searches. Two totally different people folks.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
So what/who would be your TADG dreamteam in their continuance to bring product and customer service excellence in 2010? :rolleyes: ... all this anticipation of a possible upcoming announcment. Roles can be broken up into marketing, product and service development, designers, accountants, investors, factories, apologists, customer service or any other roles that might be important to the success of TADG. :confused: :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It looks like the chefs dinner specials tonight are a main course of AV123 with TADG on the side - served up with a big glass of red kool-aid.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So what/who would be your TADG dreamteam in their continuance to bring product and customer service excellence in 2010? :rolleyes: ... all this anticipation of a possible upcoming announcment. Roles can be broken up into marketing, product and service development, designers, accountants, investors, factories, apologists, customer service or any other roles that might be important to the success of TADG. :confused: :D
LOL! No one. He can't get any funding, he's got no money, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the stipulations of his sentencing will be that he have no contact and be prevented from ever working in this particular field again.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
LOL! No one. He can't get any funding, he's got no money, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the stipulations of his sentencing will be that he have no contact and be prevented from ever working in this particular field again.
I wasn't being serious. :D I was more looking for a satirical/funny response. :)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I see quadman is pronouncing himself as a man of great moral courage for "calling" me out on the internet. He should probably stick to plumbing or grilling for mls' going away party.
Where's he doing that?
I like icy, cold, Kool-Aid. Is that an option for this evening? :D
Sure can. It's an option every evening. Tonight, we're serving up this old Shifty favorite!

It's the one to drink while you're waiting for your refunds or underfunded monies. Salud!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Ok... the "joke" went over my head.... I accept that. I'm old.... what can I say?

But, when you "contacted" these other companies, was it on their company owned forums or did you pick up the phone and call them? Really, I'm truly impressed other companies gave up who all of the main officers were, who all of the designers were, or even teams of designers. I purchased my AUDES Blues ten years ago and I couldn't tell you who might have been on the design team. I didn't think to ask dag gone it. All I know is they still sound fandamtastic today and put a smile on my face every time I fire them up.

Seriously, I'm not trying to put "words in your mouth" but if you have legitimate questions that you feel aren't getting answered here in the forum, then pick up the phone and give them a call. I really can't believe how difficult that concept seems to be for you....

As for "looking silly".... I'll stand by my post history any day. Folks that have been around where I post on a regular basis.... don't feel that I'm "silly" in any respect. I call a spade a spade. I'm honest and for the most part, respectful. I'm not afraid to speak my mind, nor do I hide behind innuendo. If a forum moderator is being petulant and acting like a child.... I say so. If a forum poster is trying to be coy and hide behind obscure references, I'm not afraid to say so. If I'm the one who is wrong, I step up and admit that as well and I have 6K+ posts here to back me up on that. I will try and show you the respect you feel you haven't gotten. However, that's a two way street.
I love the obscure, coy reference to a forum moderator with a post that has innuendo written all over it. Pot meet kettle.

C

cujobob

Enthusiast
I was banned at AV123...and while I wasn't overly positive of late on that forum, I don't believe I stepped out of line.

I hear the mods here ban users for saying certain keywords, so I'll end my post here. It's like Minesweeper. Uh oh, is it Minesweeper?

Just Kidding...the whole situation sucks. It's a shame others are being accused of having anything to do with Schifter's ...shady behavior. Hopefully, after this all goes away, the bans can be removed so the community can gain a few more intelligent posters.

B

bmf795

Audioholic Intern
I see quadman is pronouncing himself as a man of great moral courage for "calling" me out on the internet. He should probably stick to plumbing or grilling for mls' going away party.
Matt, Is your post as a moderator or a forum member?

Matt34

Matt34

Matt, Is your post as a moderator or a forum member?
Why, you have another smart *** remark about me like the one from six months ago? That seems about the only time you come out and post here.

Go ahead a fire away.:rolleyes:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I was banned at AV123...and while I wasn't overly positive of late on that forum, I don't believe I stepped out of line.

I hear the mods here ban users for saying certain keywords, so I'll end my post here. It's like Minesweeper. Uh oh, is it Minesweeper?

Just Kidding...the whole situation sucks. It's a shame others are being accused of having anything to do with Schifter's ...shady behavior. Hopefully, after this all goes away, the bans can be removed so the community can gain a few more intelligent posters.
Are you making any progress in getting a refund for the RSL-II you put a deposit down on or whatever it was called?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Hopefully, after this all goes away, the bans can be removed so the community can gain a few more intelligent posters.
Personally, I feel that those who were banned would not go back to the forum even if the ban were lifted. I know I won't go back to posting there. I had over 3,300 posts. Though, of my last 10 or so posts, 5 were actually good contributions where I tried working with other members. The other 5 or so were cheap shots, just to see how far I could get. :D

C

cujobob

Enthusiast
The money for the RSL II is basically gone...not much I can really do.

Matt, you bring the comments upon yourself IMHO. A moderator making rude comments. What do you expect, to be honest? Moderators generally don't get involved in squabbles and heavily opinionated arguments...it's why they're chosen.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Banned without warning, too.

I did step out of line, BFD. I wasn't that harsh. :cool:

C

cujobob

Enthusiast
Just surprised at permanent banning given my history buying from them and posting on the forums. If they want to ban for a day, week, month even...totally get it. But permanent...that speaks for itself.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I agree, cujobob. I understand why they chose to give me (and a few others) a permanent ban, even if I thought it was a bit heavy-handed. I can't explain the more large-scale use of permanent bans, including yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis