DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
So you're thinking that Danny is holding back from blasting mls as a last ditch effort to recoup some funds? No other explanation for allowing his name to be used the way they are using at av123? Still seems weird to me, but if that is the bottom line I can't blame the guy for trying to get some of the cash owed to him.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
So you're thinking that Danny is holding back from blasting mls as a last ditch effort to recoup some funds? No other explanation for allowing his name to be used the way they are using at av123? Still seems weird to me, but if that is the bottom line I can't blame the guy for trying to get some of the cash owed to him.
That's my best guess.

Frankly, none of the vendors TADG / VA321 stiffed has really blasted him / them. Information from Mark Seaton's situation has really only leaked out more than Danny's (and others) because people wanted to defend Mark Seaton's reputation from the Kool-Aide Krew's wild and bogus accusations after TADG made him sound like a shady deadbeat.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
What does everyone make that the arrival of the new speakers, end of July beginning of August, essentially coincides with MLS's next and possibly final court appearance?

M

mhawker

Audioholic
What does everyone make that the arrival of the new speakers, end of July beginning of August, essentially coincides with MLS's next and possibly final court appearance?
I think most of us will be amazed if they have any speakers that actually arrive when they say they will.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Maybe building speakers in prison is part of MLS's plea agreement. Prison labor might be a good source of cheap "Made in the USA" labor. You get a free shiv with every pair! :p

PS: Mark certainly isn't going to promise any new speakers before then. Actually, it could be an automatic built in excuse. "Sorry we're going to be late with your speakers, TADG has to go to the pen. Thanks for the prepays!"

A

Andytoo

Audiophyte
AV123 Sales

Welcome Back!

Welcome to the all new Community Forum at AV123. This is a place where constructive and healthy dialogue is welcome among enthusiasts/friends about their gear, movies and music.

The forum rules are pretty simple. Treat others on the forum as you might want to be treated. Don’t bother saying anything that you could not say to your Grandmother and remember, it’s a place to discuss things we all love about audio and home theater. Small minded discussion of others or getting personal, will not be tolerated.

That’s about it! Enjoy!

My Grandmother used to say, "If you see a runaway train, get off the tracks."

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Nope. Ask Tony Maglica about it. He can't sell Maglites marked as Made in the USA in California because one of the rubber o-rings and the bulb are made outside the US (and no US source exists). link
I understand the idea behind the law, but that's just silly. They're about as close to being fully american made as you can get, with no domestic sources for those two items..

Silly Californians... :rolleyes:

..dane

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I think that's part of the reason although being that DR & I have butted heads in the past, I've never spoken or corresponded with him to know if that's being met with tepid or reasonable success. Another reason I think why folks like DR, Seaton, etc. haven't come out publicly and sent a few salvos towards Longmont is that it might not be good for their business. Making this very public is going to mean that it's going to be a topic for discussions that are going to come up from time to time. So, instead of them talking about their new product or fielding questions on their existing products, they're going to have to answering questions about MLS. And really, WTF that's in business wants to have to deal with google searches that pop up their names in conjunction with a person who's been indicted for several felony counts? I think it'd be great if every individual, including their former partners explored legal avenues to recoup their losses and maybe they will. The only thing I know is that my back of the envelope calculations say there's only a finite amount of equity money left after he loses the house and if you don't pursue legal action and stake your claim to it, there'll come a time when nothing is left. I guess they could also use these losses to offset the gains on their respective businesses for tax purposes but that's up to them.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Using google, just typing in AV123 the first link shows VA321's homepage and the 2nd link is that relating to the indictment. The negative public relations surrounding VA321 business practices as well as one of their famous employees is impossible for any business to overcome especially in an industry that is so competitive in the sense of bringing value and quality customer service to its customers. There is no need to even consider their products especially at the price points.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Using google, just typing in AV123 the first link shows VA321's homepage and the 2nd link is that relating to the indictment. The negative public relations surrounding VA321 business practices as well as one of their famous employees is impossible for any business to overcome especially in an industry that is so competitive in the sense of bringing value and quality customer service to its customers. There is no need to even consider their products especially at the price points.
Agreed. The only thing they had going for them lately was that "cult" like atmosphere they still had with their forum. By erasing all 750,000 posts they just lost that in a flash. You would have to be a fool to buy from them now since you can no longer search their "AV123 friendly" forums to find info from customers so you must turn to other avenues and as you mentioned any outside search turns up this info almost immediately.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Another reason I think why folks like DR, Seaton, etc. haven't come out publicly and sent a few salvos towards Longmont is that it might not be good for their business. Making this very public is going to mean that it's going to be a topic for discussions that are going to come up from time to time. So, instead of them talking about their new product or fielding questions on their existing products, they're going to have to answering questions about MLS.
I think you might be onto something. I'm sure they don't want to be asked questions like:
  • How come you didn't know MLS was up to no good?
  • What did you know and when did you know it?
  • Why didn't you warn anyone?
Etc, etc...

I think it's just a giant can of worms that they just want to avoid.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Are they taking orders and if so are they processing credit cards?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Are those Riedel wine glasses? Fancy schmancy.

....and lets not forget a cheers to cheap labor! Salute! :D

C

Chungar

Audiophyte
I'm still banned. When will I ever not be - never!
When would I buy anything from AV123 - never!
What a crock of... piece of... huge heaping pile of SH*T!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Quad, if you're reading this thread, be thankful that they deleted your posts. From an outsider's POV, all your posts having to do with cooking, repairs, and what not, would only serve to give an indirect stamp of legitmacy to the organization. It is a stamp that is undeserved. This thread and others have served to illustrate the deception and thievery that AV451/Mark Schifter have long enjoyed. He has sought and manipulated friends, employees, business associates, suppliers, forum members, and family. Many sat quietly while the crocodile ate others, thankful it was not them. Now, the crocodile has eaten you. So,why do you say, "I suppose I should be grateful that my account hasn't been deleted. Maybe that's how I'm supposed to feel."?

There is only one thing that you can do seeing as you're still a member and that is an act of civil disobedience. You need to send your own personal message on their forum. You need to stand up for what's right just like the protesters in Iran did. Just like the protesters at Tiananman Square did. Just like Ghandi and his supporters did. You need to call him out, tell him FU, tell him what you think of him, and let them ban you. It's the only noble thing to do. Take the sword and move on. He won't care. Neither will Suzy, his wife, or Field Marshal Steidle. He never had any use for you other than how it could further his own nefarious interests.

Stick it to him Quad and let him cut you down. Only then can you move on. Whether you're banned here or not, we'll support you if you do it. I know I will.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Instead of making another 451 cookbook you can revolutionize the culinary industry with a prison themed food and drink book - recipes like Santa Schifty's Midnight Hooch and Bubba's Double Fudge Brownies will surely be a huge hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis