Disallow Feedback In Steam Vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mustang_steve said:
heh, I just got my first "grey" chiclet.

turns out the guy who tried to green me was either in the red, or was too new to have their rep count.

That's the one good feature of the rep system...you can't create an army of alternate accts and swarm reds upon someone you don't like....well, only if you spend lots of time working them up...but at one point per rep, at least at this point in time...it's not like it's going to be worth the trouble.
Ok, this is what I DON'T get. My last like, 10 chicklets have been greys and reds, and one of them was from brian32672. FAR from a newb on this forum.

What gives?

SheepStar

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Ok, this is what I DON'T get. My last like, 10 chicklets have been greys and reds, and one of them was from brian32672. FAR from a newb on this forum.

What gives?

SheepStar
Was his rep red when he gave it, or was his postcount under whatever the default number to pass is? Often those who play by the "don't open your mouth unless you have something to say" rule have very few posts, thus often take months or years to exceed the post limit.

The final thing was he might have posted rep, but something happened to the post (deletion, locked thread, moved to a mod's only club, etc) that would grey it out.

I have no clue what default is for Vbull, since I never started a forum up before....so the magic post number for rep to count can be 10, 100, 1000, 666, whatever the default is or what the mods set it to really.

These systems are far from perfect....it will all make sense as time goes by.

EDIT: Sheep, what color was the rep I gave you? It's supposed to be green. I was being a moron and gave it under a name I use on another forum --catatonic

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mustang_steve said:
Was his rep red when he gave it, or was his postcount under whatever the default number to pass is? Often those who play by the "don't open your mouth unless you have something to say" rule have very few posts, thus often take months or years to exceed the post limit.

The final thing was he might have posted rep, but something happened to the post (deletion, locked thread, moved to a mod's only club, etc) that would grey it out.

I have no clue what default is for Vbull, since I never started a forum up before....so the magic post number for rep to count can be 10, 100, 1000, 666, whatever the default is or what the mods set it to really.

These systems are far from perfect....it will all make sense as time goes by.

EDIT: Sheep, what color was the rep I gave you? It's supposed to be green. I was being a moron and gave it under a name I use on another forum --catatonic
Yes, it came up green. Thanks! :)

Brian has over 2000 posts with the second stage rep ("Is gaining recognition" one).

SheepStar

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
I have no idea...it seems every board uses different names for each square of rep.

One board says "sucks less than most", and another says "is a glorious beacon of light" Pretty much it's up to the forum admin on setting those.

That's the thing to keep in mind...every vbulletin board of the same version works similarly in concept, but like different sports cars, the software is tweaked and tuned differently.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mustang_steve said:
I have no idea...it seems every board uses different names for each square of rep.

One board says "sucks less than most", and another says "is a glorious beacon of light" Pretty much it's up to the forum admin on setting those.

That's the thing to keep in mind...every vbulletin board of the same version works similarly in concept, but like different sports cars, the software is tweaked and tuned differently.
Well, yours says "is in good standing", and mine says "Is gaining some recognition".

Mine is one step up (They change with rep points). I think you get 2 green squares at 100 points ("has a small fan club").

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
Well, yours says "is in good standing", and mine says "Is gaining some recognition".

Mine is one step up (They change with rep points). I think you get 2 green squares at 100 points ("has a small fan club").

SheepStar
.....I called some 800 number and was told I will get two green squares when I get 9,637,532,684,722,957,063,347,739,742,564 points.....I guess that one's out of reach......

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....I called some 800 number and was told I will get two green squares when I get 9,637,532,684,722,957,063,347,739,742,564 points.....I guess that one's out of reach......
You must have a fair chunk, your at the "is gaining recognition" stage.

SheepStar

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
You must have a fair chunk, your at the "is gaining recognition" stage.

SheepStar
.....I couldn't care less about the silly points thing, Sheep....to me it cheapens the site......

majorloser

majorloser

Clint DeBoer said:
omg this thread is still active?!?!

You all are such a bunch of losers (waits for torrent of red chicklets...) ;)
No, I'm the loser :p

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mulester7 said:
.....I couldn't care less about the silly points thing, Sheep....to me it cheapens the site......
Agreed. But since its here, might aswell make it to our liking.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
was the point system disabled? I was gonna add a chicklet for someone (actually tried anyone) and it just jumps to the top of the page.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
mike c said:
was the point system disabled? I was gonna add a chicklet for someone (actually tried anyone) and it just jumps to the top of the page.
it's been that way for over a month now I think. I think it's fine the way it is now, but of course if the system was working again, I'd want some green chicklets... :D just cause they are there....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Look What I Found !!!

I love these old threads from way back when the old guys were just babies. :)
Weren't they cute ?!? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I love these old threads from way back when the old guys were just babies. :)
Weren't they cute ?!? :D
Yeah, you found it because you were going to ask for the same thing. Admit it, old timer - ADMIT IT!

:D Actually, I was thinking about mentioning something along these lines this past weekend, but heck - there's a lot of greenage that happens in the Steam Vent. Take the bad with the good, IMO.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, you found it because ...
... because I was going through BMXTRIX's threads trying to learn something A/V related ... shoot me. :D

Now I see that the rep business has been delved into way before I got here and when I asked questions about it, people knew but they wouldn't talk. :eek:

I guess every forum has it's dirty secrets. Our secret is a sea of red rep. :rolleyes:

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I red chicklet Alex!!!! :mad:

Kidding. :D

The first rule of Red Chicklet is, you don't talk about Red Chicklet. :p

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think that it's the same anonymous chicklet bandit that's on the ramapage now as is was back then? That would be a long crime spree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis