Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Now I am trying test tone.. only the subs and couple of speakers are on.. the rest are dead

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you check all of your connections to make sure a stray wire didn't cause a short?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We're gonna need some more experience for this one. Short is all I can think of. Somebody will chime in. Maybe when @lovinthehd has a minute. I just tagged him.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not familiar with your AVR, but does it have a place where you let it know which speakers are attached in the setup?
Maybe the firmware update reset it.
Which speakers are playing and which are dead? Is there any pattern (such as surrounds are dead, but mains work)?
Also, please list what you ended up getting!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Troubleshooting...
Did you physically move or rearrange your system around the same time as the firmware update?
Did all speakers play immediately after the firmware update?
Do you have power amplifiers connected between the AVR and the speakers? If so which channels (and how many channels total are you operating)?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I'm not familiar with your AVR, but does it have a place where you let it know which speakers are attached in the setup?
Maybe the firmware update reset it.
Which speakers are playing and which are dead? Is there any pattern (such as surrounds are dead, but mains work)?
Also, please list what you ended up getting!
It started disconnecting randomly.. every time a different speaker goes off so there is no a noticable pattern.. now only 2 of the surrounds are working.. something I forgot to mention the sound level goes up when turn it down when using AirPlay.
I reset the settings using initialize and I installed the firmware again using usb flash but no use

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Troubleshooting...
Did you physically move or rearrange your system around the same time as the firmware update?
Did all speakers play immediately after the firmware update?
Do you have power amplifiers connected between the AVR and the speakers? If so which channels (and how many channels total are you operating)?
I didn’t move anything physically And I have one 2ch power amp for the front speakers

My system was configured at 7.2.4 or 11.2

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yikes, you done the reset and it still is going bonkers.

That is the problem with modern gear, it has enough memory and processing power to accommodate stray malcontent spirits!:eek:;)
I think you need to find a good exorcist!

But, seriously, I am at a loss. Sounds like you need to return it.
I would initialize it about 3 times in a row (I don't know why, but this worked for me in one instance) just to be sure, and if that does not stabilize things, you'll get a chance to see how good your local guy supports you (he should have no problems if he is an authorized dealer, because Yamaha will take the hit, not him).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yikes, you done the reset and it still is going bonkers.

That is the problem with modern gear, it has enough memory and processing power to accommodate stray malcontent spirits!:eek:;)
I think you need to find a good exorcist!

But, seriously, I am at a loss. Sounds like you need to return it.
I would initialize it about 3 times in a row (I don't know why, but this worked for me in one instance) just to be sure, and if that does not stabilize things, you'll get a chance to see how good your local guy supports you (he should have no problems if he is an authorized dealer, because Yamaha will take the hit, not him).
Do you think it might be overheating or something? @Hasan Alnajdi is pretty much strictly movies and he uses all of his speakers.

*Edit: I forgot which receiver you got, Hasan. Was it a Yamaha?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It started disconnecting randomly.. every time a different speaker goes off so there is no a noticable pattern.. now only 2 of the surrounds are working.. something I forgot to mention the sound level goes up when turn it down when using AirPlay.
I reset the settings using initialize and I installed the firmware again using usb flash but no use
Just make sure you "initialize" the unit to factory default setting not just resetting certain settings. You should also try disconnecting the power cord from the outlet for say 10 minutes and then plug it back in.

After that, you need to contact Yamaha for support.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to hear Hasan. My first rule about firmware updates is that, unless something is listed that I need/want, I don't do them, the potential problems for something I don't care about or need I can live without.

Like Peng is wondering, is "reset the settings using initialize" the same as a full factory/microprocessor reset?....not familiar with the "initialize" term.

Hope it is something you can resolve !

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Do you think it might be overheating or something? @Hasan Alnajdi is pretty much strictly movies and he uses all of his speakers.

*Edit: I forgot which receiver you got, Hasan. Was it a Yamaha?
Yes it’s Yamaha rx-a3060

Actually, I started to listen to alternative metal music recently.. mostly Breaking Benjamin

Last edited:
Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Sorry to hear Hasan. My first rule about firmware updates is that, unless something is listed that I need/want, I don't do them, the potential problems for something I don't care about or need I can live without.

Like Peng is wondering, is "reset the settings using initialize" the same as a full factory/microprocessor reset?....not familiar with the "initialize" term.

Hope it is something you can resolve !
I sure hope so.. I called the company for it’s still under warranty.. hopefully they can manage to fix the problem

Any how.. thanks alot to you guys

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
you won't believe this guys .. all speakers are working now! it seems I really need an exorcism! (actually I believe my house is totally haunted for real.. we hear weird and strange music in the bathrooms all the time.. seems some gins are having a party and my speakers bothered them :D:D) anyhow, I will wait for yamaha guys for they are coming today

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I ran a test and played some music with AirPlay with my iMac and some speakers went off .. you think it a decoding issue between iTunes and the avr???

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Can you clarify if you did a microprocessor/factory reset?
I am not sure really .. the setting we did before with you are all gone .. but did reset everything else I have no idea..

even ypao reading are gone .. I tried to do the setup again but due to speaker failure it didn't complete and run

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
this is the section for restoring the default settings in the avr ... as you can see they don't say much

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis