Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
aren't they entry level like the polk I have?
The thing is, SVS set the bar for "entry level" and "performance", and made it ok to use them in the same sentence. That's exactly why I agree withHD about the entry level SVS's being better than polks. Most "speaker" makers don't put much into building subwoofers and as a result performance is usually mediocre. The only speaker builder sub I'd consider is the big 15" klipsch, but in reality it wouldn't make it on my shopping list. Just to be clear, when I say speaker builders, i mean names like klipsch, Polk, Martin Logan etc. Guys like SVS, PSA, HSU etc, built subs first and then migrated into speakers. So in short, entry level is a relative thing.
Gotta go...

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
The thing is, SVS set the bar for "entry level" and "performance", and made it ok to use them in the same sentence. That's exactly why I agree withHD about the entry level SVS's being better than polks. Most "speaker" makers don't put much into building subwoofers and as a result performance is usually mediocre. The only speaker builder sub I'd consider is the big 15" klipsch, but in reality it wouldn't make it on my shopping list. Just to be clear, when I say speaker builders, i mean names like klipsch, Polk, Martin Logan etc. Guys like SVS, PSA, HSU etc, built subs first and then migrated into speakers. So in short, entry level is a relative thing.
Gotta go...
Once again thanks for the input.. appreciate your contributions really my friend

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
aren't they entry level like the polk I have?
No. They're mid tier for SVS. The thing is, their mid tier blows away top of the line subs from many speaker manufacturers (including Polk, IMO). I really do think either one of those 2 will knock your socks off. Even their entry level are fantastic.
well @Pogre what do you think of their speakers? should I get a new 11.2 from there and get it done at one strike?
I love, LOVE my SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers. For the price, they're very good. What I did was keep an eye on their outlet and waited for a couple to show up with very minor marks on them. Like this one here for $399. You can see from the pics just how minor those scratches are. They show up in black piano gloss at that price fairly often too. They have this one there right now with no damage for $449. They have Ultra Towers too, but they don't show up in the outlet very often.

I've been told that they have one of the best dome tweeters out there right now. I was also told that if I want to upgrade a Raal (ribbon) tweeter would be the only thing to best it. If you're considering the SVS' speakers the Ultra line is an excellent choice in the price range.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
No. They're mid tier for SVS. The thing is, their mid tier blows away top of the line subs from many speaker manufacturers (including Polk, IMO). I really do think either one of those 2 will knock your socks off. Even their entry level are fantastic.

I love, LOVE my SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers. For the price, they're very good. What I did was keep an eye on their outlet and waited for a couple to show up with very minor marks on them. Like this one here for $399. You can see from the pics just how minor those scratches are. They show up in black piano gloss at that price fairly often too. They have this one there right now with no damage for $449. They have Ultra Towers too, but they don't show up in the outlet very often.

I've been told that they have one of the best dome tweeters out there right now. I was also told that if I want to upgrade a Raal (ribbon) tweeter would be the only thing to best it. If you're considering the SVS' speakers the Ultra line is an excellent choice in the price range.
Your words are really encouraging.. I'm gonna search and look further and Ill be with you again soon.. thanks alot my friend

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can also consider purchasing amps and drivers and build, or have someone build, boxes as an alternative (always have to throw my DIY pitch :) ). Maybe something to consider especially in the home you want to build....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You can also consider purchasing amps and drivers and build, or have someone build, boxes as an alternative (always have to throw my DIY pitch :) ). Maybe something to consider especially in the home you want to build....
I was teetering on the brink of building my subs instead of buying the Hsu's, if you recall. It's still not an out of the question option for me either. I was really just too stressed out and busy with work before to want to commit at that time. I'm making a big change that I hope will give me a lot less stress and a little more time from here out.

It is not inconceivable for me to build a pair of 15's with roughly the same performance as my MK5's. I really think I can do it. I have some clamps and access to some woodworking tools if I don't already have it, I can solder and I've already priced everything out in my subwoofer thread. To tell you the truth, I haven't really stopped thinking about it. You'll be my go to guy for advice if I do.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I am actually considering it but I gotta know what I am doing first.. but it's a long term project:)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I was teetering on the brink of building my subs instead of buying the Hsu's, if you recall. It's still not an out of the question option for me either. I was really just too stressed out and busy with work before to want to commit at that time. I'm making a big change that I hope will give me a lot less stress and a little more time from here out.

It is not inconceivable for me to build a pair of 15's with roughly the same performance as my MK5's. I really think I can do it. I have some clamps and access to some woodworking tools if I don't already have it, I can solder and I've already priced everything out in my subwoofer thread. To tell you the truth, I haven't really stopped thinking about it. You'll be my go to guy for advice if I do.
You're going to be my number 2 guy for advice then :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Hey guys.. I wanted to ask you about something.. I bought nvidia shield a month ago and yesterday I tried this IPTV channels.. So I was wondering if you guys tried it before and if there was HD channels with surround sound?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys.. I wanted to ask you about something.. I bought nvidia shield a month ago and yesterday I tried this IPTV channels.. So I was wondering if you guys tried it before and if there was HD channels with surround sound?
I have no experience with any of what you're talking about, but wanted to reply so you didn't think I deserted you!

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I have no experience with any of what you're talking about, but wanted to reply so you didn't think I deserted you!
I appreciate it friend.. I know sometimes I ask things beyond the scope of this forum but I like to stay intouch keep the thread alive :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
hey guys .. so I was doing some thinking whether if I buy svs gear or not .. right now I managed to find several brands so I was thinking to wait a bit longer before launching full charge and buy the 11.2 from svs.. maybe something better will come along.. what do you think? should I wait or not?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you looking at the Ultra series at least for the front 3? If so it gets my vote to buy. I own SVS and can vouch for the quality.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd love to own the towers. If you can afford them for yourself you'll make me envious! :p

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Are you looking at the Ultra series at least for the front 3? If so it gets my vote to buy. I own SVS and can vouch for the quality.
I sent for a quote for the ultra series .. I am looking for 2 Ultra towers.. 4 Ultra bookshelf.. 4 ultra surround.. 1 ultra center.. and 2 pc13 ultra subs.. but I am waiting to get the final price on them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sent for a quote for the ultra series .. I am looking for 2 Ultra towers.. 4 Ultra bookshelf.. 4 ultra surround.. 1 ultra center.. and 2 pc13 ultra subs.. but I am waiting to get the final price on them
You're going to have a better system than me! Nice going. I don't think you'll have any regrets with the ultra series.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I feels like building a soccer team with 2 cheerleader on the stands :) :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
You're going to have a better system than me! Nice going. I don't think you'll have any regrets with the ultra series.
I sure hope so my friend.. after all I am taking your words for it for I am going to buy blind :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I feels like building a soccer team with 2 cheerleader on the stands :) :)
Ha ha! Hey, if you have the room, I think another bookshelf instead of the center will not only sound better, it might save you a few $. Check out my setup:

20170520_161039-1305x734.jpg

It sounds awesome. They're all perfectly timbre matched. I know the bookshelf uses the same drivers, tweeters and crossovers as the towers, just fewer of them. I'm confident it would sound better. If you don't have the room, ignore everything I just posted! :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis