jinjuku

jinjuku

There will be a jumper on the mother board that will allow you to clear CMOS.

If you can not find the jumper: Remove the coin battery on the Mainboard. Take a metal paper clip and momentarily jump the - and + leads that the battery normally attaches too.

Put the battery back in and try it again.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I feel certain I can fix this since I am now a computer Genius......:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There will be a jumper on the mother board that will allow you to clear CMOS.

If you can not find the jumper: Remove the coin battery on the Mainboard. Take a metal paper clip and momentarily jump the - and + leads that the battery normally attaches too.

Put the battery back in and try it again.
I found a jumper next to the letters "CLR CMOS", but it's still doing the same thing as before.

jinjuku

jinjuku

IMO the mainboard is dead. He's not even getting BIOS posts beep error codes.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
IMO the mainboard is dead. He's not even getting BIOS posts beep error codes.
I have thought this was a hardware problem all along, but there are much more experienced IT guys here.

I will say one thing though it may be the power supply. I have had similar issues with my workstation twice, and thought it was done for. In both cases a new power supply made it come back to life instantly. The second time I put in a power supply that was rated 50% over requirements and have had no issues since.

If it were me I would gamble on a new power supply.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have thought this was a hardware problem all along, but there are much more experienced IT guys here.

I will say one thing though it may be the power supply. I have had similar issues with my workstation twice, and thought it was done for. In both cases a new power supply made it come back to life instantly. The second time I put in a power supply that was rated 50% over requirements and have had no issues since.

If it were me I would gamble on a new power supply.
+1
That's not bad idea at all. New PSU would cost only $30-40
If you have dell/hp machine - might need to find a special compatible one.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Since he had it apart to install SSD I wonder if something got zapped with a static discharge?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since he had it apart to install SSD I wonder if something got zapped with a static discharge?
Could be. I tried to prevent that by touching metal before I opened everything up and I had the little bracelet with the alligator clip on, but I was working on carpet so it's definitely possible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis