Bryston Model T Floorstanding Speakers

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Not sure about the vinyl thing other than perhaps they use high end vinyl, but yeah the two tweeters is mind boggling considering the $80,000 XRT2K has 40, the $6500 T model should have at least 3 so we are short changed by at least 1 tweeter. So come on Mr. Tanner please add one more in your next version, Model T2 or whatever.:D
LOL! I beg Mr. Tanner to add 4 tweeters and place one on each corner of the cabinet... :p ;) :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice there's someone here with a reference point AFTER all.
Let me ask you a question for the record.

Are you just saying that you personally PREFER the Bryston over all the other speakers you've heard?

Or are you saying that the Bryston is IN FACT better than all the other speakers you've heard?

Because I don't think anybody could argue with personal preference.

You like what you like. You spend your money how you like. And you don't need approval from anyone.

Some people would like to audition, while others may feel indifferent for whatever reasons.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My Aiwa boombox blows all your speakers away. I win, end of debate, nothing left to be said, so admins you may lock this thread now. Good night and god bless.
2eewg8j.jpg

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
My Aiwa boombox blows all your speakers away. I win, end of debate, nothing left to be said, so admins you may lock this thread now. Good night and god bless.
Nothing beats a well designed cone tweeter. I just wish I had such a beautiful piece of engineering.

S

Stedanko

Junior Audioholic
Let me ask you a question for the record.

Are you just saying that you personally PREFER the Bryston over all the other speakers you've heard?

Or are you saying that the Bryston is IN FACT better than all the other speakers you've heard?

Because I don't think anybody could argue with personal preference.

You like what you like. You spend your money how you like. And you don't need approval from anyone.

Some people would like to audition, while others may feel indifferent for whatever reasons.
The Brystons have 2 strengths that better any full range speaker I have heard or owned and that is coherency and soundstaging ability.
Nobody on this planet can make a blanket statement that any speaker is in fact the best surely only a fool would ever say that.
The point I am trying to get across is that for 1/3 to 1/4 the price of it's true competition the Model T combines all the best traits
i.e. neutrality, bass response to near 20hz and transparency, of the high end standard bearers but uniquely adds this coherency and soundstaging ability.
I don't get paid to post or trumpet how good this speaker is nor do I have an agenda and quite frankly the aggravation of posting and having to argue or debate every little point is a pain in the *** I can do without but I do consider the Bryston to be a game changer and when one comes across a product like this surely one must be compelled to share their experience.
I have zero emotional attachment to any of my purchases and am the first to point out issues and products I believe fall short of their stated goals or reputation should the inverse also not be true?

Last edited:
D

DCmoe

Audiophyte
I don't get paid to post or trumpet how good this speaker is nor do I have an agenda and quite frankly the aggravation of posting and having to argue or debate every little point is a pain in the *** I can do without but I do consider the Bryston to be a game changer and when one comes across a product like this surely one must be compelled to share their experience.
I have zero emotional attachment to any of my purchases and am the first to point out issues and products I believe fall short of their stated goals or reputation should the inverse also not be true?
Are you this guy?

Speaker Asylum

"He posted the same thing verbatim to at least three different forums...,
.this one, AVS Forum and Steve Hoffman Forum. It was deleted from the latter two, but here is a capture from the AVS forum courtesy of Google cache."

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 12089
Oh, yeah, those were the days. My first true ineffable audiophile experience or audio nirvana. ;) :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you this guy?

Speaker Asylum

"He posted the same thing verbatim to at least three different forums...,
.this one, AVS Forum and Steve Hoffman Forum. It was deleted from the latter two, but here is a capture from the AVS forum courtesy of Google cache."
I just don't know. That sure sounds like an awful lot of emotional attachment and investment to me. :D

Posting it in at least 3 different forums? Why, a person might even view it as advertisement or something. :D

S

Stedanko

Junior Audioholic
I just don't know. That sure sounds like an awful lot of emotional attachment and investment to me. :D

Posting it in at least 3 different forums? Why, a person might even view it as advertisement or something. :D
Products I have found to have shortcomings I am even more vocal about. Take this as a product recommendation for speakers I feel very strongly are SO different that people really should make an effort to hear them. It goes no further than that. All the smiley faces and winking smileys will not change the truth.
People posting on forums in most cases REALLY don't have ulterior motives.
BTW I would never have posted here but it came up in a Google search so I thought folks might like to hear some real world experiences with the Brystons.
This apparently is not what people want as the conjecture, for some reason, seems to be more rewarding to the participants here.
As usual with me if/when something better comes along these will be sold.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You are so rude! But you made me laugh, and that's the first time I laughed today, so Stedanko will have to suck it up. ;)
Hey, since we're just being rude and pontificating anyway, I just wanted to say that if I were to do it all over again, I would get five Salon2 and not buy any other speakers! ;)

Hands down, they are the loudspeaker nirvana. And that is not just a personal preference, but a FACT! :D

My wife told me last night that in about a year, I have a choice of either a new house (custom HT room/rooms) or a Range Rover. I'm thinking a Range Rover, selling all my speakers and getting 3 more Salon2. :D

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
What really bugs me about the Bryston speakers in general is not how much they cost or the vinyl ( ps; hardwood veneer is a option) it's the few and I MEAN few places in the US of A that one can even hear these speakers. If you look at the speaker dealers there are only 5 dealers ( 3 states) in all the US and 3 are in California, (1) Alabama and (1) Wisconsin...It surprised me that some rather large Bryston amp dealers in rather pricey cities don't have these speakers, weird or these dealers have too many high dollars speakers in stock to contend with... Bryston can talk about specs, sound but until people can actually hear them, there will be negatives. A select few that have these speakers well maybe they hear something and until the rest of the world gets to hear these speakers, well it's all opinions or blind faith.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What really bugs me about the Bryston speakers in general is not how much they cost or the vinyl ( ps; hardwood veneer is a option) it's the few and I MEAN few places in the US of A that one can even hear these speakers. If you look at the speaker dealers there are only 5 dealers ( 3 states) in all the US and 3 are in California, (1) Alabama and (1) Wisconsin...It surprised me that some rather large Bryston amp dealers in rather pricey cities don't have these speakers, weird or these dealers have too many high dollars speakers in stock to contend with... Bryston can talk about specs, sound but until people can actually hear them, there will be negatives. A select few that have these speakers well maybe they hear something and until the rest of the world gets to hear these speakers, well it's all opinions or blind faith.
We're far worse off in Canada than you in the US for dealer availability. As an example, we only have one dealer in all of Canada for SVS. We have only 5 Krell dealers.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed. I found out yesterday afternoon that my local Bryston dealer doesn't carry them. So much for an audition.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, since we're just being rude and pontificating anyway, I just wanted to say that if I were to do it all over again, I would get five Salon2 and not buy any other speakers! ;)

Hands down, they are the loudspeaker nirvana. And that is not just a personal preference, but a FACT! :D

My wife told me last night that in about a year, I have a choice of either a new house (custom HT room/rooms) or a Range Rover. I'm thinking a Range Rover, selling all my speakers and getting 3 more Salon2. :D
I'd wait to see if Revel comes out with a Salon 3 next year. The Salon 2 came out in about 2007, so we might be due for a refresh.

Last edited:
D

DCmoe

Audiophyte
Before the Model T project, what do you think a Bryston dealer would have said if you asked for his opinion on Axiom speakers?

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Before the Model T project, what do you think a Bryston dealer would have said if you asked for his opinion on Axiom speakers?
Probably wouldn't know what Axiom is or even existed. Or they would probably view them as just another not so great mass market brand like Polk, Pioneer, Infinity ect... Not worthy of being considered "good sounding".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis