Bryston Model T Floorstanding Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Bryston and Axiom Audio have partnered to unveil an entirely new speaker line. Enter the Bryston Model T floorstanding speaker, the flagship of the series. All of the Bryston speakers are based on Axiom designs but with upgraded cabinets, drivers and crossover components. Though, the titanium tweeter looks identical to what Axiom uses. The Model T start at $6500/pr in a Vinyl wrap finish and go upwards of $10k/pair for an active solution with a premium on top of that for a custom veneer finish. Do you think these speakers will be a hit among audiophiles? Share your thoughts.

Discuss "Bryston Model T Floorstanding Speaker Preview" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm curious as to what Bryston is hoping to achieve with this venture from a sonic standpoint. Just making what on the face of it appears to be a "me too" product and jacking up the price doesn't exactly pique my interest.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I thought about those speakers for.......like.........oh...........1 microsecond. :D

$10K really? :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah...like audioholics is ever going to review that speaker...maybe...Gene shells out the cash & buys it...jk. I don't have to remind myself or others of what has transpired in the past...who knows maybe the relationship has mended over time...I'm willing to bet the latter is not the case.

Yeah...not interested in the slightest...Bill

Btw...HTS...has the exclusive...I believe...;)

B

Bghead8che

Audioholic Intern
They use the "same" tweeter? Yikes! Axiom tweeters are some of the brightest, most shrill, nail on chalkboard tweeters money can buy. Being able to pay $10K for those tweeters.... now that's a bargain! P-A-S-S

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yeah...like audioholics is ever going to review that speaker...maybe...Gene shells out the cash & buys it...jk. I don't have to remind myself or others of what has transpired in the past...who knows maybe the relationship has mended over time...I'm willing to bet the latter is not the case.

Yeah...not interested in the slightest...Bill

Btw...HTS...has the exclusive...I believe...;)
We have good relations with Bryston and would certainly review these speakers if they solicit us for a review. But quite frankly, we are slammed with product review requests from many other brands in this price class that offer very unique product offerings. The market is very big and our resources very limited unfortunately.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Gene,

I'd be interesting in knowing if there are sonic improvments made on their speakers over the Axiom base that they stem from. However, for that kind of scratch, these speakers should be a far cry better than their Axiom stable mates. Its tough to say what they sound lieke without hearing them. Did you have a chance to audition them or look inside?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene,

I'd be interesting in knowing if there are sonic improvments made on their speakers over the Axiom base that they stem from. However, for that kind of scratch, these speakers should be a far cry better than their Axiom stable mates. Its tough to say what they sound lieke without hearing them. Did you have a chance to audition them or look inside?
No I haven't had a chance to listen yet but I was told they sound "similarly good" to Axiom M80s but have higher output capabilities and deeper bass extension. I will look for their demo room at CEDIA to take a listen though assuming they host active demos at the show.

Last edited:
gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
$6,500... vinyl wrap?
Kind of sad when Aperion can offer hand rubbed piano gloss on there entry level $800 towers. But Bryston can't at $6500+ for theres :rolleyes:

I see these being discontinued and not a long lasting project. Its probably something to help Axiom fill in there production line.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
$6,500... vinyl wrap?
Yes and even their $10k/pair active versions come standard in Vinyl wrap. You do get 3 finish options: Black ash, natural cherry and Boston Cherry. I'd imagine the real wood veneer options would involve a cost adder similar to how Axiom does it on their products. I did send an email to my contact at Bryston to confirm. Also don't forget I think the warranty period for Bryston products in 20 years. Not sure if that includes their loudspeakers.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not saying that vinyl is great on $6500 speakers :), but I'll say this: I didn't know the finish on my $700 B&W sub was vinyl until after I sold it. I thought it was real wood. So, vinyl can look and feel pretty convincing.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Who knows, I guess someone will have to hear them and measure them before any final judgement can be passed. What's next Bryston builds ear buds.

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
Yes and even their $10k/pair active versions come standard in Vinyl wrap. You do get 3 finish options: Black ash, natural cherry and Boston Cherry. I'd imagine the real wood veneer options would involve a cost adder similar to how Axiom does it on their products. I did send an email to my contact at Bryston to confirm. Also don't forget I think the warranty period for Bryston products in 20 years. Not sure if that includes their loudspeakers.
good point, vinyl can last really long and is very easy to maintain and take care of. Veneer can last too but are more suject to climate changes.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Their Analog amps & preams are 20 years, Digital components are 5 years, anything with motorized moving parts like volume knobs are 3 years only. I bet speakers are 5 years.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I've been discussing this on facebook with Audioholics. IMO, this is a trainwreck (not the good kind of Trainwreck ;)). Vinyl wrap, multiple tweeters, multiple tweeter & woofer center.

ADTG got his B&W 802D2 for around 10k, a dealer around here sells the Revel Studio2 for 8k, you can buy an illuminator kit for a few K, and one can design an Illuminator 3 way with 4 7" bass drivers, 2 4" midrange, and a RAAL and STILL be well under 10k (and have one of the best speakers in the world).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis