Bryston Model T Floorstanding Speakers

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Guys;

I'd just like to keep the tone of this thread civil towards each other and the manufacturers in question. I'm sure everyone reading and participating in this thread would love to hear these speakers first hand (myself included) to form their own impression. .
IHO, comments that you made in post 74 only add fuel to the fire and counters what you've posted in post #79. This thread turned into an Axiom bashing thread based on nothing but BS speculation. Instead of putting our "collective" foot into our mouthes, I recommend that we wait for actual test results before jumping in and coming out with expert opinions. This is speculation on my part but I don't think that Bryston would risk damaging its reputation by pulling a "Krell" unless in financial hard times. I haven't heard any news that this is the case for Bryston.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
IHO, comments that you made in post 74 only add fuel to the fire and counters what you've posted in post #79. This thread turned into an Axiom bashing thread based on nothing but BS speculation. Instead of putting our "collective" foot into our mouthes, I recommend that we wait for actual test results before jumping in and coming out with expert opinions. This is speculation on my part but I don't think that Bryston would risk damaging its reputation by pulling a "Krell" unless in financial hard times. I haven't heard any news that this is the case for Bryston.

Post #74 is the philosophy Ian used to share with me on his views of their products. Not sure if he still feels that way now that he designs more expensive product or not.

FYI Krell never repacked an OPPO bluray player to my knowledge so I'd suggest you refrain from continuing to state that unless you have proof.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Post #74 is the philosophy Ian used to share with me on his views of their products. Not sure if he still feels that way now that he designs more expensive product or not.
Ian's philosophy has absolutely no relevance to the Model T unless one is interested in only bashing an untested product.

FYI Krell never repacked an OPPO bluray player to my knowledge so I'd suggest you refrain from continuing to state that unless you have proof.
Me bad. I don't think Bryston would pull a Lexicon. Better?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I disagree. It demonstrates a design philosophy for voicing a speaker system. It's not a bash. It's similar to how one would expect certain sonics from a horn loaded speaker from Klipsch which is efficient and bright.

and yes thanks for correcting your statements about Krell.

Ian's philosophy has absolutely no relevance to the Model T unless one is interested in only bashing an untested product.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I wouldn't go so far as to imply that the Model T is a clone of the M80, but I wouldn't expect a huge difference in sonic signature between them either, else why pick Axiom to partner with in the first place? I can only imagine that the decision makers at Bryston feel Axiom is doing something right. Of course, it's still curious to me why Bryston would bother with the venture at all, though I can see the utility of it for Axiom.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well...it would appear that OPPO's prices are becoming more in line with the likes of Krell & Lexicon....fwiw..:D

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Does it use the same design and components as the internal version?
I'm not entirely sure. I just know that its the external box that comes with the middle option Model T. Theres the Passive version, Passive external and Active. The External is alittle over $1k extra compared to the passive (internal?) model.

EDIT: The external xover is the same as the internal passive except this is added, then just moved to the outside of the speaker instead of internal:Military spec board with thick copper traces
Premium silver solder connections

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I disagree. It demonstrates a design philosophy for voicing a speaker system. It's not a bash. It's similar to how one would expect certain sonics from a horn loaded speaker from Klipsch which is efficient and bright.
This makes an assumption that Bryston had no input into possible modifications of the cross over designs, cabinet construction, and drivers. Its putting the cart in front of the horse until test results prove one way or another.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn't go so far as to imply that the Model T is a clone of the M80, but I wouldn't expect a huge difference in sonic signature between them either, else why pick Axiom to partner with in the first place? I can only imagine that the decision makers at Bryston feel Axiom is dioing something right. Of course, it's still curious to me why Bryston would bother with the venture at all, though I can see the utility of it for Axiom.
Well Psb(NAD) and Paradigm(Anthem) are spoken for....just saying...:eek:.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This makes an assumption that Bryston had no input into possible modifications of the cross over designs, cabinet construction, and drivers. Its putting the cart in front of the horse until test results prove one way or another.
No it makes the assumption of the design philosophy of Bryston's partner based on multiple direct past experiences. I recall several Axiom employees also stating these views on their forum.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
No it makes the assumption of the design philosophy of Brystons partner.
It's a fair assumption too. It's also a fair assumption that some of Axiom's design philosophy's are imprinted on the Bryston T. For example if Byrston teamed up with Revel, PSB or Paradigm (manufactures close to the NRC doctrine) would Bryston be coming out with a speaker supporting multiple tweeters? Probably not.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
No it makes the assumption of the design philosophy of Bryston's partner based on multiple direct past experiences. I recall several Axiom employees also stating these views on their forum.
Are you precluding any of Bryston's input's on this?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Well Psb(NAD) and Paradigm(Anthem) are spoken for....just saying...:eek:.
Indeed; I guess what I'm getting down to is what does Bryston feel they're bringing to the table? You don't generally enter a highly competitive market unless you feel like you've got something of significance to offer. On the face of things (which could be misleading), there doesn't seem to be anything particularly special at play here.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Indeed; I guess what I'm getting down to is what does Bryston feel they're bringing to the table? You don't generally enter a highly competitive market unless you feel like you've got something of significance to offer. On the face of things (which could be misleading), there doesn't seem to be anything particularly special at play here.
I agree but without an in depth test, its all BS speculation. I have no problem calling a spade a spade but I need know first that its a spade. I also don't think that Bryston would play the Lexicon card either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think Bryston would pull a Lexicon.
Hey, what's wrong with Lexicon? :eek: :D

Its all good. They took an awesome Oppo product and improved on aesthetic that some people are willing to pay.

Can people say that Bryston took an EXCELLENT Axiom speaker and improved on aesthetic ? :D

Salk took an excellent Rythmik sub and improved on aesthetic and charged more. All good.

I think Bryston should have partnered with Ascend or Salk. :D

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I agree but without an in depth test, its all BS speculation. I have no problem calling a spade a spade but I need know first that its a spade. I also don't think that Bryston would play the Lexicon card either.
If the tweeters run the same bandwidth in that driver complement, it will be compromised similar to the M80 in terms of trading off a uniform polar response for peak power handling and lower distortion at very high output. Throwing more money at the drivers and cabinet won't fix that. It would be a very intriguing product if there is another approach to the dual tweeters going on that we don't know of.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis