Back to Work ... Finally

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What was the pay like Alex?:p
Can you really put a price on somebody cutting a hole in your skull and attaching something to your brain? :rolleyes: Day #1 in the bag. The first couple of thousand pounds of drywall went up pretty smooth but that last couple of thousand pounds was a b!tch. Where was TLS 25 years ago with all that talk about education. :confused:

I can't wait for the weekend. :D Actually the weekend will give my body a couple of days to heal from this abuse. They know they got us over a barrel and they're cracking the whip. I bet by next Friday my belt will be on the next hole down. ;) :) You're gonna have to find another guy to call Pork Chop. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I sent you a PM, but I'll bet you're already fast asleep at 5:23 pm.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I sent you a PM, but I'll bet you're already fast asleep at 5:23 pm.:D
What gave it away? You're not peeping, are you? I go to work for a day and act like I gave birth. I was watching the PULSE DVD by David Gilmour and was in fact dozing in and out.

Even though it doesn't sound like it, this is union. There's enough of us out of work that companies can pick and choose their labor force. We're a dime a dozen at this stage of the game. I got in because this one steward and I are friendly. He was given the chance to bring someone in and he picked me because of my abilities and work ethic which begs the question: Does it mean you're gay if you only do it at work? :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What gave it away? You're not peeping, are you? I go to work for a day and act like I gave birth. I was watching the PULSE DVD by David Gilmour and was in fact dozing in and out.

Even though it doesn't sound like it, this is union. There's enough of us out of work that companies can pick and choose their labor force. We're a dime a dozen at this stage of the game. I got in because this one steward and I are friendly. He was given the chance to bring someone in and he picked me because of my abilities and work ethic which begs the question: Does it mean you're gay if you only do it at work? :D
Do they make steel toed flip flops?:confused::D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Alex - You survived the first day back on the job, the toughest day. So much time off can spoil a guy. Wait till payday, then you'll remember why you're doing this.

J

jamie2112

Banned
So how did it go today buddy? I didn't read any of the earlier posts yet so I am hoping well............

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So how did it go today buddy?
Good I guess. I'm going back for more today. As Swerd said, I survived day one. It just occurred to me that Dave 'works' too. We must belong to the wrong unions. All I ever hear about is how we don't work and we're overpaid. Yet I'm tired but not rich. :confused: Guess what I'm doing up at this hour. :eek: ... and happy to be doing it too. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guessing that you'll get back in the rhythm pretty quick, Alex. Best of luck hitting the groove, losing some weight, and enjoying what you're doing.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm guessing that you'll get back in the rhythm pretty quick, Alex. Best of luck hitting the groove, losing some weight, and enjoying what you're doing.
Sounds dirty...It must be awhile for me.:)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry Alex, I am a little late to the party! But I do, however, want to congratulate you on getting back to work. Hopefully, it will all work out great for you. ;):);)

Cheers,

Phil

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It just occurred to me that Dave 'works' too. We must belong to the wrong unions.
Nah, we're just the dumb buggers that didn't get into office jobs. Stand proud Alex. Somebody has to do the real work around here.:)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm having a 'why me' moment but it's almost Friday! :)
Hey, I've got today off. It's either parts supply or upstream production related, I don't know. At least it's not related to demand for the F-150. I'm just happy to have a paid day off.

PS. I don't mean to rub it in. I'm just happy about that.

PSS. I'm also glad I didn't post this until after midnight or else I'd have to say that I got tomorrow off and I'd never hear the end of that one.:D

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
I'm also a little late to the party, but just wanted to say congrats Alex. And don't worry, the soreness will wear off, at least thats what I keep telling myself after being in the restaurant business for over ten years. (Being in a kitchen + in SW Florida + in the summer = tons of fun.:rolleyes::D)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis