Back to Work ... Finally

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
2 more days buddy .................
In my view a day is done once I get up and decide to go in. The hard part of waking up when I have to is over. I try not to put a lot of emphasis on 8 hours of living hell. :D

That sure is a lot of thank yous for getting a job. I wonder if that's like a collective sigh of relief that I won't be hanging around all day long. :confused: :p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
That sure is a lot of thank yous for getting a job. I wonder if that's like a collective sigh of relief that I won't be hanging around all day long. :confused: :p
It's like you're psychic, or have ESPN or something

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I already miss you.

8 hours! I didn't realize people could work that much!
In my view a day is done once I get up and decide to go in. The hard part of waking up when I have to is over. I try not to put a lot of emphasis on 8 hours of living hell. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's like you're psychic, or have ESPN or something
ESP= Extra Small Penis :D

It's over. I have two days to heal. For those of you who pray, pray for my right shoulder and my left index finger. I'm gonna need them Monday and right now they are messed up.

This morning my radio alarm starts playing Long Cool Woman in a Red Dress and I incorporated it into a dream. It is one of my favorite songs but the SQ was terrible and I remember thinking that it sounds like it's coming out of a radio alarm clock. :rolleyes:

Then my girlfriend woke me up with an "it's 3:30". I don't leave until 4:45 but I really like my time in the morning. I have to figure out how to set the alarm on my phone, it's new since I washed the last one. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Normally I would attribute a shoulder and finger injury to something else, but I know that you were working. With construction workers. Well, maybe it is what I thought. :p

Do you mean Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)? I've never heard a version with a red dress. Just asking.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Normally I would attribute a shoulder and finger injury to something else, but I know that you were working. With construction workers. Well, maybe it is what I thought. :p

Do you mean Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)? I've never heard a version with a red dress. Just asking.
Alex was the construction worker in "The Village People".;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. :)
Like I said, I was sleeping. :D
And now I'm just plain exhausted.

Alex was the construction worker in "The Village People".;)
Screw you. :D

I wish I had a better come back but this usually works. Kidding of course.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. :)
I was curious because the "red dress" title does come up on Google, so I didn't know if it was another version. It was also shown as a common misinterpretation of the lyrics...so I wasn't sure what to think.

Either way, it made me think of the woman in the red dress from the Matrix. There's a dream for you. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tomorrow I get to go back to the big leagues again. Like TLS mentioned way back, jobs are scarce and I'm pretty lucky to be being sent out. Luckily I got my car fixed and tuned recently and my shoulder seems to be about 95%. I'm not hanging rock but that'll be coming soon enough if all goes well. Wish me luck fellas.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Tomorrow I get to go back to the big leagues again. Like TLS mentioned way back, jobs are scarce and I'm pretty lucky to be being sent out. Luckily I got my car fixed and tuned recently and my shoulder seems to be about 95%. I'm not hanging rock but that'll be coming soon enough if all goes well. Wish me luck fellas.
Good luck...making a living as a Drywall installer in the big leagues you must be good. Hey Alex I've done enough DIY renovations in a couple of homes and drywalling and taping I enjoyed the most. Maybe because even a monkey can do it....;).

Regards, Bill....:)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Congrats man. That is good news Alex. You'll have to bring your laptop for lunch break.:rolleyes:;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If we lose you to work. I'll have no reason left to come here. Losing Adam has been hard enough.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They say you can teach a monkey to tape ... but you can't teach a monkey to read a tape. There aren't very many construction rats here at AH. It's kind of an expensive hobby. Rick's wife is flush ... that's how he does it. :D

Bed time ... 4:00 AM is coming like a freight train. :eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
They say you can teach a monkey to tape ... but you can't teach a monkey to read a tape. There aren't very many construction rats here at AH. It's kind of an expensive hobby. Rick's wife is flush ... that's how he does it. :D

Bed time ... 4:00 AM is coming like a freight train. :eek:
I start work at 6am, but tonight I'm gonna stay up and watch me some playoff hockey...:D

PS: I hope there is no OT...:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Good Luck, and be careful out there!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Great news Alex!:cool: You'll be 250# by next friday!:D

Take care of that shoulder.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Good luck. I hope it all works out in your end.
Wait. I think I said that wrong...:confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks guys. This is the story. Thursday morning, on day one of work, I tweak my back parking the car in Boston's financial district. I carry my tools around eight blocks and work the day in agony. It turns out that the foreman is this guy that I had an issue with a few years ago. I think he got rid of me on day two back then but says that although I look familiar, he doesn't really remember me. :rolleyes: :D

That evening I get home, do my back pain relief voodoo, pass out early only to wake up at 1:30 AM because of the pain, wondering if I'm going to be able to put my socks on. I do some stretching and head in for day two. Turns out that the worst is over as far as back pain is concerned and I feel better than the day before. The company wants to fire the other guy who was hired along with me because of something that went down ten years ago ... but they want me to work tomorrow. I can't say no to the money and can't say no to them and remain employed and never mind telling them my back is out. That would be the kiss of death.

The company granted the other guy a stay of execution until the hall can place him elsewhere. They didn't have to do that. They actually had his check there waiting to axe him at the end of the day but our Business Agent got them to agree to hold off for a little bit. I'm just waking up from crashing out but will be going to sleep again soon. Tomorrow I think I'll just offer to blow the foreman and be done with it. :eek:

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Tomorrow morning I need to be in Boston for a 6:15 AM start time. This is such good news that I am beside myself. Fortunately I am just finishing up a side job that has put me through some of the paces of doing real work and I'm just about done being sore from that, so part of the conditioning is over. I'm off the nicotine so I don't have to worry about smoking during my breaks in which I need to be eating and actually taking a break.

Aside from the extra money that an actual job provides this is my ticket to a weight loss program. :)
With any luck the building is air conditioned too. ;)
Outstanding Alex .. I am still out of work after 14 months.

Peace and Great,

Forest Man

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks guys. This is the story. Thursday morning, on day one of work, I tweak my back parking the car in Boston's financial district. I carry my tools around eight blocks and work the day in agony. It turns out that the foreman is this guy that I had an issue with a few years ago. I think he got rid of me on day two back then but says that although I look familiar, he doesn't really remember me. :rolleyes: :D

The company wants to fire the other guy who was hired along with me because of something that went down ten years ago ... but they want me to work tomorrow. I can't say no to the money and can't say no to them and remain employed and never mind telling them my back is out. That would be the kiss of death.

The company granted the other guy a stay of execution until the hall can place him elsewhere. They didn't have to do that. They actually had his check there waiting to axe him at the end of the day but our Business Agent got them to agree to hold off for a little bit. I'm just waking up from crashing out but will be going to sleep again soon. Tomorrow I think I'll just offer to blow the foreman and be done with it. :eek:
Isn't that always the way, hurting your back first thing in the morning, when your cold and muscles not warmed up yet.
I feel for you buddy; reminds me seeing the delivery truck waiting at seven at I pull up to the job. Nothing like moving heavy switch gear first thing in the morning.
On top of it, I see your dealing with work place politics too, isn't it fun?:D:rolleyes: Enjoy the weekend!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis