Audyssey Editor App- With Screenshots!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
To use the mic you need more than just the mic don't you the last time i looked at REW you needed a amp that was compatible with it and a few other things if you want to do more than your sub
Huh? lol

I used a Umik mic and REW to see if I could measure what I was hearing. What are you on about?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Think he may be referring to some amps like the Behringer iNuke series that can take the REW suggested EQ and apply such eq to a sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@noclue this thread is about manipulating the eq curves with the Audyssey app now available with Denon & Marantz avrs....didn't you get the 2300 recently?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was talking about something like this to work on all of your speakers if you wanted to use REW.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/ht-series/nanoavr-dl

I have not used REW much looked to cost a lot by the time you got everything you need.
A Umik mic is $75 and REW is free. I did get the mini and haven't even opened it yet! From taking measurements (and using my ears) I know I have very, very good bass response just letting Audyssey do its thing.

App Sub Sweep EQ1.jpg

I used REW to generate that chart. A little room for improvement, but it's really very good without a need for more DSP.

N

noclue

Audioholic
No it is going back i have tried the HVL'1's and the sony cores the Yamy 670 sounds a lot better.
I tried with 80, 90 100,110 and 120 hz with it and the yamay still sounds better

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No it is going back i have tried the HVL'1's and the sony cores the Yamy 670 sounds a lot better.
I tried with 80, 90 100,110 and 120 hz with it and the yamay still sounds better
To like one avr's dsp over another is one thing, to use it as a determinant of audio quality on the level of speakers, not so much. Why aren't you looking for better speakers before electronics? Trying various crossovers alone doesn't mean much. I thought you said that you preferred the Denon's integration of your sub over the Yamaha, or am I thinking of someone else's comments?

N

noclue

Audioholic
yes i like the sub integration better but it is hard to explain the difference in the quality of the audion I get with the Yamaha. IE i could not stand how the HVL'1s sounded with the Denon the Yamaha AVR cost much less.
I use to have a bose acoustimass system and a old Onkyo was a good avr terrible speakers then I got some some B@W Speakers was my first real stab into the surround sound world The surround part use to fool me and my wife when the phone use to ring or it was raining but we never heard the dialogue very good, this was not the AVr's fault it was when center channel speakers first started showing up I went cheap with the sub had a bic 12 inch.
I started learning about the real cost of audio then seems I will need at the minimum a 15 inch sub should have two or one 18 inch sub it is a 25 by 25 rom with 12 foot ceilings and to openings.

I now have power and sound 210 towers and a 210 center for the front speakers and my old PB 2000. The PB 2000 is a fine sub but it just can't handle a room that big with those speakers. The 2050 I had made those speakers sound great you could hear the footsteps and all the details on even regular TV. Once the 2050 got fried by a power surge wife told me not to spend much on the front room be cause we wear hoping to move to a smaller home after the son daughter and grandson move back out. So i didn't spend anything on subs.
The man cave would probably be close to the same size room we would have after we moved the PB 2000 would be all we would need probably later on.

I tried using a Old onkyo that had a lot of watts can't remember the model the horn tweeters hurt my ears and the avr finally died a few days later so I tried the old Sony 1040 not the same class as the 2050 but it sounds decent.

I also did more than adjust the crossovers I adjusted the level of the speakers, I relocated the sub to several different locations and I adjusted the audyssey on and off.

And like you said why spend the money on electronics I have a Rythmik F12SE on the way, a sealed sub is better suited for a small room and will make my wife happy with the looks too.

Next year I will work on better speakers or add atmos or speakers for dts-x. The new Yamaha AVR supports dolby vision with a update or right out of the box if that means anything to you

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
yes i like the sub integration better but it is hard to explain the difference in the quality of the audion I get with the Yamaha. IE i could not stand how the HVL'1s sounded with the Denon the Yamaha AVR cost much less.
I use to have a bose acoustimass system and a old Onkyo was a good avr terrible speakers then I got some some B@W Speakers was my first real stab into the surround sound world The surround part use to fool me and my wife when the phone use to ring or it was raining but we never heard the dialogue very good, this was not the AVr's fault it was when center channel speakers first started showing up I went cheap with the sub had a bic 12 inch.
I started learning about the real cost of audio then seems I will need at the minimum a 15 inch sub should have two or one 18 inch sub it is a 25 by 25 rom with 12 foot ceilings and to openings.

I now have power and sound 210 towers and a 210 center for the front speakers and my old PB 2000. The PB 2000 is a fine sub but it just can't handle a room that big with those speakers. The 2050 I had made those speakers sound great you could hear the footsteps and all the details on even regular TV. Once the 2050 got fried by a power surge wife told me not to spend much on the front room be cause we wear hoping to move to a smaller home after the son daughter and grandson move back out. So i didn't spend anything on subs.
The man cave would probably be close to the same size room we would have after we moved the PB 2000 would be all we would need probably later on.

I tried using a Old onkyo that had a lot of watts can't remember the model the horn tweeters hurt my ears and the avr finally died a few days later so I tried the old Sony 1040 not the same class as the 2050 but it sounds decent.

I also did more than adjust the crossovers I adjusted the level of the speakers, I relocated the sub to several different locations and I adjusted the audyssey on and off.

And like you said why spend the money on electronics I have a Rythmik F12SE on the way, a sealed sub is better suited for a small room and will make my wife happy with the looks too.

Next year I will work on better speakers or add atmos or speakers for dts-x. The new Yamaha AVR supports dolby vision with a update or right out of the box if that means anything to you
K. Enjoy your system. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

It's a journey, eh? I have several avrs, Denon (2), Onkyo & Sony...the audio differences are in their different REQ/DSP; the power differences among avrs generally are trivial. Audyssey is more than on/off, there should at least be two modes, maybe three plus the use of Reference Level Offset to adjust the DynEQ with. The app adds a further dimension, at least hopefully once all the bugs are worked out....

Not a 4k/HDR set owner so that doesn't really matter, plus if you get a bluray player that can send such directly to the tv and a separate hdmi to your avr, it wouldn't really matter....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

If you read this thread you will see that I have done measuring on top of measuring on top of measuring. Audyssey takes a little bit of work, but once you get it dialed in it sounds very good. At least in my room. I suggest taking a little time to read up on how to take measurements and where to place your mic when you do it. Do you take all 8 measurements that it allows? That's important too.

As HD already told you above, it's more than just an on-and-off thing. Go through your menus and try different settings under Audyssey. For instance I prefer flat over reference. I also have the offset at -5 DB. Also Dynamic volume should be turned off. You can play with your crossover point, but that won't really tune everything. I think you're giving up too soon.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like I got an update for the editor. Soon as everyone clears out I'll try it again and post my results.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No improvements. Some more email correspondence:

"Hi Chris. I received another update to version 1.1.2 and there's almost no change. Still experiencing the same issues."

"Hi Jason,
My name is Greg from Marantz Corporate. I have put in a ticket with the App's Development Team and I'm awaiting their response. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

Man, how long has this been out now? Poorly implemented thus far from my experience.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another update, though still no solutions.

"Hi Jason,
Engineering responded and they would like you to create a config file (ady file) from the App so they can investigate it. Is it possible for you to send this if I provide you with instructions (see attachment) on how to obtain it?
Thanks,
Greg
Marantz NA"

C'mon man, I've had this thing for weeks now.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Pogre, any word from engineering at marantz?

It looks like the app is still at version 1.1.0 in the App Store. Did they somehow directly send you 1.1.2?

BTW, great thread. My 4300h shows up tomorrow and my interest regarding audyssey and the app are pegged at the rev limiter.:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis