AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ah so what are you going to do?

I've got a line on a 7807 right now and I am seriously looking at the ATI models as well. We will see which I end up with.
So you have the Emotiva MPS-1, but you are now thinking about the Adcom 7807 vs ATI 3007 models?:D

Can you lift those amps?:eek:

I think if I could bench press 300 lbs, I would have gotten the ATI already.:)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
So you have the Emotiva MPS-1, but you are now thinking about the Adcom 7807 vs ATI 3007 models?:D

Can you lift those amps?:eek:

I think if I could bench press 300 lbs, I would have gotten the ATI already.:)
Didn't you own two MPS-1/2's before the Pioneer integrated that were after the Accurus (sp.) and then onto the 5308?:D:D

The deal did not go through on the 7807. Shipping was just too much. I'm not looking at the 3000 series ATI (well I am but I can't) I'm going with the 2005 model. I have not been using 7.1 hardly ever so I can go with the 2005 now and get a 3002 in a few months.

I see your little graphic has changed again. What are the two silver compnents below the HTPC?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't you own two MPS-1/2's before the Pioneer integrated that were after the Accurus (sp.) and then onto the 5308?:D:D

The deal did not go through on the 7807. Shipping was just too much. I'm not looking at the 3000 series ATI (well I am but I can't) I'm going with the 2005 model. I have not been using 7.1 hardly ever so I can go with the 2005 now and get a 3002 in a few months.

I see your little graphic has changed again. What are the two silver compnents below the HTPC?
I owned one MPS-2 before. But the great thing about those MPS amps is that you can add each module one at a time.:D

I like the looks of the ATI amps better - there is something about those big front handles.:D

Those silver components are actually twelve (12) external hard drives - each one is a 2TB HDD. So that's a total of 24TB of HDD. I have six HDDs on each shelf, but I only show FIVE on each shelf in the Picture.:D Each HDD is connected to the HTPC via USB (12).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I almost bought the Adcom 7805 brand new from onecall for $1,918 delivered, but I backed out the very last second.:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You just can't bring yourself to delete any of those crappy movies can you lol. That's a lot of drives, doesn't it get kinda hot?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You just can't bring yourself to delete any of those crappy movies can you lol. That's a lot of drives, doesn't it get kinda hot?
That reminds me. I gotta delete "Meet The Browns" and probably a few other crappy movies too.:D

I only turn on each individual drive whenever I need to. They are all identical and have a power switch on the back.

Using Everest Ultimate, I think those drives get to ~ 45 C degrees after a couple of hours.:D

I turn their fans off because you know they use cheap a$$ fans.:D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Well, after all that talk, I've decided to get the 88lb Adcom GFA-7805 300WPC 5Ch amp instead for $2K.:D

The AT3005 was $3.5K.
Huh. 3 of the Yamaha P7000S (6 channels of 700 into 8 Ohms, 20hz-20,000hz and 950 watts into 4 Ohms, 20hz-20,000Hz) would have been just a tad more costly, yet devastated the Adcom, comparing performance. Or, 3 of the Yamaha P5000s, for same price or slightly less than the Adcom, and still have more clean power available. :)

Don't like pro amps? :(

-Chris

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Huh. 3 of the Yamaha P7000S (6 channels of 700 into 8 Ohms, 20hz-20,000hz and 950 watts into 4 Ohms, 20hz-20,000Hz) would have been the same price, yet devastated the Adcom, comparing performance.

Don't like pro amps? :(

-Chris
I just don't like the looks/aesthetics.:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That reminds me. I gotta delete "Meet The Browns" and probably a few other crappy movies too.:D

I only turn on each individual drive whenever I need to. They are all identical and have a power switch on the back.

Using Everest Ultimate, I think those drives get to ~ 45 C degrees after a couple of hours.:D

I turn their fans off because you know they use cheap a$$ fans.:D
With so many drives, how do you remember what is on each drive?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I just don't like the looks/aesthetics.:D
Ouch. :)

As you know, the rack mount tabs are removable on the Yamahas. If the large front mount handles are the other reason, these may come off as well, though I have never tried. If this is the problem, let me know, and I'll see if they are removable for you.

-Chris

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My offer at Audiogon has been accepted. I will soon be the owner of an ATI 2005.:D:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan

As you know, the rack mount tabs are removable on the Yamahas. If the large front mount handles are the other reason, these may come off as well, though I have never tried. If this is the problem, let me know, and I'll see if they are removable for you.

-Chris
I don't think that looks bad at all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My offer at Audiogon has been accepted. I will soon be the owner of an ATI 2005.:D:D
Well, congrats on the AT2005!:)

I do like the way those ATI amps look.

I just wish the AT3005 were only ~75 lbs, instead of ~125 lbs.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

-Chris
Thanks, anyway.:)

But I just personally don't like the way all those professional amps look.:)

I think they have great value & performance, but the aesthetics just don't cut it for me.:D

I know I'm crazy, but I thought you already knew that?:eek::D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Due to the weight limits on my Audio Rack, I was thinking about getting an ATI AT3002 on the bottom rack and an AT2003 on the next shelf (weight limit 60lbs).:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Due to the weight limits on my Audio Rack, I was thinking about getting an ATI AT3002 on the bottom rack and an AT2003 on the next shelf (weight limit 60lbs).:D
Did you find a place with weights for each one listed? I only find the range of weights. My AT2005 has been shipped and Fedex is showing shipping weight at 98lbs. The AT2003 will be lighter but I don't know if it will be 30+lbs lighter.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Did you find a place with weights for each one listed? I only find the range of weights. My AT2005 has been shipped and Fedex is showing shipping weight at 98lbs. The AT2003 will be lighter but I don't know if it will be 30+lbs lighter.
I've been emailing ATI directly and they have been providing the weights to me.

Of course, the shipping wt will be like 10lbs heavier than the actual amp weight due to all that extremely heavy-duty packing.:D

I'm hoping that each amp module is around 10-15lbs, so I'm hoping the AT2003 will be around 30lbs lighter.

If the shipping wt is 98lbs, I'm hoping the actual AT2005 is around 88lbs, and the AT2003 is around 60lbs (fingers crossed).:D

The AT3005 is 122lbs. If each amp module is 15lbs, then 3 amps = 45lbs, so I'm hoping the AT3002 will be 122 - 45 = 77lbs.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis