AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve been researching amplifiers for my next purchase and ATI's AT series definitely look like decent value amps. Very interesting that they OEM for companies like Lexicon and Mark Levinson. It also looks like some of their models are pretty much identical to Outlaw Audio amps, who of course they also OEM for. The AT2005 essentially has the exact same specs as the Outlaw 7500 (slew, capacitance, PSU rating)…dimensions & backplate are similar, both are fully-balanced, and both are made in the US. There's a very good probability they’re identical amps. The thing is, brand new the 7500 is $2,000 cheaper than the AT2005! :eek: ($1599 vs. $3,595) ATI comes with a 7 year warranty compared to Outlaw’s 5 year, which to me is negligible. If your amp is running fine for 5 years straight, it’s reasonable to assume it won’t suddenly break down during the next 2.

The AT3007 amp seems to be the same amp as the Outlaw 7900 (the Outlaw is a little more muscular being 20 pounds heavier) but again, huge price difference: $5,995 for the ATI and $3,499 for the Outlaw. So i’m kind of debating…any reason to choose an ATI over an Outlaw considering the price difference?
It depends on what kind of price you can get. I got all my ATI @ 50% off.

Otherwise, the Outlaw will sound just as good as the ATI, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, JBL Synthesis, Cary Audio, Theta Digital, B&K.

Last edited by a moderator:
RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
My current amp is a Halo A51 and I love that amp.

- Rich

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I like my A21 too I do like the Bryston more. If I were to do it again, it would have been another A21 and left the money in the bank for things that count. At their price points, I can't think of anything better than the A21/A51.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I like my A21 too I do like the Bryston more. If I were to do it again, it would have been another A21 and left the money in the bank for things that count. At their price points, I can't think of anything better than the A21/A51.

Hey Peng, never owned a Bryston or a Parasound how would you characterize the two, I've looked at the Bryston 4BSST2 and the Halo A21

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Peng, never owned a Bryston or a Parasound how would you characterize the two, I've looked at the Bryston 4BSST2 and the Halo A21
This is an ATI amp thread so I should PM you about that if that's okay.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just found out you could get the Halo A21 for less than the ATI AT2002 amp. This changes the "game". :D
Yep, The A31 might be less but I believe the A51 may be a few hundred bucks more.
That's what the A51 was for me, but you seem to always find great deals.

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, The A31 might be less but I believe the A51 may be a few hundred bucks more.
That's what the A51 was for me, but you seem to always find great deals.

- Rich
Is $1700 a great deal on a brand new A21? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Damn it, you have done it again ! :p :)
I must remember to PM you before buying anything.

So are you joining the cabal ?

- Rich
No, I am done. I have not bought any audio for about a year now.

But I still want to spread the love and help out as many people as possible on prices and such. :D

I am not so much brand "loyal". If the product and deal is good, I am all for recommending it!

$1700 is the delivered price BTW. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Posted 3/13/14. Awesome.
Did I really say that I was "done" buying audio stuffs? :D

Well, okay, AFTER this, I'm done. :D

I listed my ATI amps for sale, but I really don't want to sell them. I think I will keep them. Never know about the future. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis