adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I've been emailing ATI directly and they have been providing the weights to me.

Of course, the shipping wt will be like 10lbs heavier than the actual amp weight due to all that extremely heavy-duty packing.:D

I'm hoping that each amp module is around 10-15lbs, so I'm hoping the AT2003 will be around 30lbs lighter.

If the shipping wt is 98lbs, I'm hoping the actual AT2005 is around 88lbs, and the AT2003 is around 60lbs (fingers crossed).:D

The AT3005 is 122lbs. If each amp module is 15lbs, then 3 amps = 45lbs, so I'm hoping the AT3002 will be 122 - 45 = 77lbs.:D
Cool I didn't know you'd been emailed them directly. Mine will be here the 25th so I will take pics that day.

After I sell my MPS-1 I'm going to get either the AT2002 or the AT3002 for my fronts. I want the AT3002 but I really don't need that much power. My room is not that big. The reason in the back of my head is that I want to upgrade to Dynaudio speakers next year and I don't want to worry about powering them at the same levels I am used to. Don't get me wrong the MPS is a powerful amp but if you look back at Gene's review you see it actually tests a little under spec where these ATI's seem to be just the opposite.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Cool I didn't know you'd been emailed them directly. Mine will be here the 25th so I will take pics that day.

After I sell my MPS-1 I'm going to get either the AT2002 or the AT3002 for my fronts. I want the AT3002 but I really don't need that much power. My room is not that big. The reason in the back of my head is that I want to upgrade to Dynaudio speakers next year and I don't want to worry about powering them at the same levels I am used to. Don't get me wrong the MPS is a powerful amp but if you look back at Gene's review you see it actually tests a little under spec where these ATI's seem to be just the opposite.
I have never bought anything from Audiogon before. So when you make an offer, how much money do you normally take off the asking price?

And I think the AT2000 amps produce like 400W+ into 4 ohms, don't they? I think that's enough for any speakers in the world! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ATI weights

AT3002: 96lbs

AT3003: 103lbs:eek:

AT2002: 72lbs:eek:

AT2003: 79lbs

So each amp module is only 7lbs?

AT2004 = 86lbs
AT2005 = 93lbs

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have never bought anything from Audiogon before. So when you make an offer, how much money do you normally take off the asking price?

And I think the AT2000 amps produce like 400W+ into 4 ohms, don't they? I think that's enough for any speakers in the world! :D
I PM's you what I offered. The whole process is easy though. After you make the offer the seller has 48hrs. to reply. If they accept you are commited to buy. They will then quote shipping and you approve the final price and pay. Emails are sent to each person during each step of the transaction.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I've bought lots of stuff from Audiogon.
I usually negotiate with the seller for a price if its fair to include shipping, now that may or may not work for a freakin heavy @$$ item such as these amps... :)

Good luck....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well guys, I just made my 1st Audiogon purchase: ATI AT3005 amp from Classic Audio Parts for $1995 + S/H.:eek:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Well guys, I just made my 1st Audiogon purchase: ATI AT3005 amp from Classic Audio Parts for $1995 + S/H.:eek:
Congrats! I know I didn't need the AT3005 but I really wanted it so even though I have my new one coming I'm still jealous.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats! I know I didn't need the AT3005 but I really wanted it so even though I have my new one coming I'm still jealous.
I've been curling some iron to get my muscles ready for this bad boy.:eek:

I already got my 5 new Blue Jeans Cable coaxial cables (Red, White, Orange, Yellow, Blue).:D

Jeff Moore (Classic Audio Parts) has received my payment (confirmed) so I'm just waiting for him to ship the AT3005.

I'm planning on getting an AT2002 for my 2nd shelf; I don't need it, but it completes my RACK.:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Got my amp

I got my AT3005 amp from FedEx Ground yesterday. I took some pictures, but I have not had a chance to post them yet. But I wanted to report a few things.

First, it looks awesome.:D

It looks and feels like it were brand new.

The amp color is actually black, although the ATI website has the color of charcoal or something.

The contents:

Double boxes packing + AT3005 amp + 20-amp Power Cord + Trigger wire + Manual + Registration Card for the 7 yrs Warranty.

I always wanted to know how much those boxes weigh.

So I weighed the double-boxes and they were 15 lbs!:eek:

The AT3005 has a shipping wt of 122lbs, so just the amp by itself is 107lbs.

Thank goodness. I can handle 107lbs.:D

I have it all connected via the unbalanced BJC connectors since I don't have a fully balanced pre-pro yet. I guess that would be next on my wish list.:D

That power cord is different all right. I had to install a 20-amp outlet for that. I will install a 20-amp Surge Protector today.

I will post some pics when I get a chance.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Great to hear Andrew. I got mine yesterday as well. I was very happy to see they included the trigger cable.:) Funny how small things can be a nice suprise. Mine looked new as well. He gave it a 10/10 rating. The AT2002 that I have coming was 8/10 so I will be interested to see if it actually has any marks on it.

I was fortunate that I already ran 2 20amp breakers to my rack so I did not have an issue with the power cord.

The balanced inputs are nice and they have locks for the connectors so if you have heavy cables it will keep them from coming out.

Did you order your AT2002 yet?

I posted a couple of pics over on my theater thread. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48530&page=15

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Great to hear Andrew. I got mine yesterday as well. I was very happy to see they included the trigger cable.:) Funny how small things can be a nice suprise. Mine looked new as well. He gave it a 10/10 rating. The AT2002 that I have coming was 8/10 so I will be interested to see if it actually has any marks on it.

I was fortunate that I already ran 2 20amp breakers to my rack so I did not have an issue with the power cord.

The balanced inputs are nice and they have locks for the connectors so if you have heavy cables it will keep them from coming out.

Did you order your AT2002 yet?

I posted a couple of pics over on my theater thread. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48530&page=15
Thanks.

Yeah, that trigger cable was a great surprise.:)

No, I have not order the AT2002 yet. But I will be looking out for one on the Classic Audio Parts section.:D

I heard the 8/10 rating has a perfectly new FACE and the rest of the sides may or may not have any scratches, so I'm cool with that.

But yeah, I'm now watching for the AT2002. As soon as one shows up, I'll try to buy it.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks.

Yeah, that trigger cable was a great surprise.:)

No, I have not order the AT2002 yet. But I will be looking out for one on the Classic Audio Parts section.:D

I heard the 8/10 rating has a perfectly new FACE and the rest of the sides may or may not have any scratches, so I'm cool with that.

But yeah, I'm now watching for the AT2002. As soon as one shows up, I'll try to buy it.:D
Exactly as long as the front looks new I'm ok with a few scratches. I got the one he relisted earlier this week. He had it for 878 obo + shipping and I got it for 875 shipped. I wanted it cheaper but what are you going to do. Heck I'm getting an essentially new amp with a 7 year warrenty for well less than half of retail. (I was also a bit afraid you would get it before me!:eek::))

Oh and make sure you send in the card. You only have 30 days to send it in to activate the 7 year warrenty.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly as long as the front looks new I'm ok with a few scratches. I got the one he relisted earlier this week. He had it for 878 obo + shipping and I got it for 875 shipped. I wanted it cheaper but what are you going to do. Heck I'm getting an essentially new amp with a 7 year warrenty for well less than half of retail. (I was also a bit afraid you would get it before me!:eek::))

Oh and make sure you send in the card. You only have 30 days to send it in to activate the 7 year warrenty.
I just put that Registration Card + Invoice in the mail today.:D

Yeah, the front/face is all that matters in the rack. It's not like we can see anything else but the face of the amp anyway.:)

Exactly - we are essentially getting new amps with the full 7 yrs warranty for 50% off!:eek::D

Man, I sure hope he sells another AT2002 soon because I just don't know how long I can WAIT!!!:D

It's going to bug me badly until I get one.:D

I'm ready biting my nails.:eek:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Man, I sure hope he sells another AT2002 soon because I just don't know how long I can WAIT!!!:D

It's going to bug me badly until I get one.:D

I'm ready biting my nails.:eek:
I know I really want to wait until I sell my MPS-1 but I just couldn't wait.

Besides I knew that getting it before you would drive you a little crazy.:eek::D;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know I really want to wait until I sell my MPS-1 but I just couldn't wait.

Besides I knew that getting it before you would drive you a little crazy.:eek::D;)
It IS driving me CRAZY!!!!:eek::D

You realize that if I don't get the AT2002 in about 1 month, I will have no choice but to buy a brand new one?:eek:

One month is the absolute time limit!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, BTW, I got the AT3005 10/10 Rating for $2,086 shipped FedEx Ground.

I would have paid $875 shipped for the AT2002.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just accepted an offer to Buy a 10/10 rating AT3002 amp from Classic Audio Parts on Audiogon for $1149 + Shipping!:eek::D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice.:D

Funny. I just saw last night they had listed that one and a few others. I almost PM'd you but I was lazy last night and busy this morning. Good for you! My AT2002 will be here Monday.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
ATI is a great company, but if I would have to choose I would go with AB International (which is also a OEM for a few amp companies). I just love them gain knobs.
AB International 400 watts X 6 (8 ohms)
600.0 ab front.jpg
Or the Verastarr 440 watts X 6 (8 ohms)
verastarr.jpg
Or the Studio 6 400 watts X 6 (8ohms)
studio 6.jpg
And the list goes on and on.
Notice any similarities on these amps?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice.:D

Funny. I just saw last night they had listed that one and a few others. I almost PM'd you but I was lazy last night and busy this morning. Good for you! My AT2002 will be here Monday.
Thanks. It's the thought that counts, right?:)

The funny thing is I've been consistently lifting weights just because of these ATI amps!:D

I just paid them $1,224 shipped FedEx Ground (asking was $1,395 obo).

I think I'm going CRAZY.:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis