Are You An Audiophile? Ha! Not according to this article...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In some areas of interest there are accomplished practitioners who, having earned some sort of credentials, are given status in the community of those having same interest. This makes me think what are the credentials of a highly qualified audiophile, someone I would want to listen to so as to learn things I want to know about? As this thread has gone, I only see eljr posing as the professor, acting poorly from a hastily prepared script, not very convincing or persuasive. Kildozzer has taken him to the woodshed so many times now, I would think eljr's butt is real sore and blistered from such spankings; but, that's apparently not the case as he just keeps coming back. I'm waiting for the knock-out round; and then, let's get back to the original fun found in this discussion.

Sterling Shoote
just a hater according to eljr
That's why I blocked him. He's impervious to logic.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe just a job for Politenessman and his steel butter tongs (not severe enough for the steel hankie this time).
politenessman.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Everyone, I think we should start speaking more freely about all topics. Daaamn!!! It's a forum site for K's sake!

I saw a lot of posts here defending the "poor ol' cable fetishists" and such, but that's wrong. You're defending grown up people who chose what they like and want. It is actually when you start treating them that way that they begin to look like invalids who need special treatment and couldn't go on without it.

I think all this "liberal witch hunt" with everyone over-occupied with hunting down someone's hypocrisy and endlessly labelling "hate speech" on everything they don't want to hear is an ugly form of censorship.

I don't give a F where you think you can detect hate-speech and how well you did your homework of adopting this empty speech of the 21th century man and middle class manners. This is dreadful, some of us turned into Facebook-incarnated creatures (only a 'like' sign, NO 'dislike' sign). We turned into "positive-psychology" policemen (and positive psychology is indeed that stupid that it gets to be a holy mantra of Oprah Show).

Give me a genuine thought! Tell me what you think, not what is polite to think! When did we all agree to forbid noticing anything that could be slightly offensive?

Opinions I stated in this thread are made on real examples. It is the godfather of my father. A guy invited him to check his sound system and this jerk brought a cable in his hand. He was just quietly standing there with a cable in his hand listening to all sound system owner had to say. And like a jerk, he then lifted the cable in his hand and told the guy; for this cable alone, I can buy two sound systems like yours. He's an idiot. And you can clearly see how his brain works. No mention of sound quality of the guy's system, only "this cost much, this expensive, you can't have this, I can, I have money". For the lack of knowledge, empty-headed idiots rely on a "rule"; "it costs more, it's better". (I have a lot of examples).

Go back to the original post in this thread. No other spec for the headphones than the price, right? They actually have a question "do you care more about audio than the music?".

Now, look how silly this turns up; they obviously don't mind that about themselves, but some of you come here to defend them from something they embrace. How is it offensive if they embrace it and, subsequently, what are you defending them from? Offence is obviously in your mind.

Of course and I mean OF COURSE this doesn't cover all the cases!! Do we even have to still point that out?!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis