Any knife nuts here?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My friend gave me this for Christmas. I'm not a big fan of tanto blades or liner locks, but this is decent, and the G10 handle is nice.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
We just picked up SOG as a new client at work - here's hoping we get a nice fat discount if I ever need to purchase any of their products.

We have their whole catalog in house for shooting - got to get hands on almost all their knives, flashlights, and multitools.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
If you can get a discount, maybe you can do a group buy for everyone?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm once again toying with the idea of getting a Shun Reserve paring knife. I love me a good paring knife.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Woot has a Shun 3 knife + knife block set on sale today. $300

Shun Classic 4-Piece Block Set

(1)*Classic 9" Hollow-Ground Slicing Knife DM0720*- Hollow-ground indentation help slices release from the blade
(1)*Classic 10" Chef's Knife DM0707*- The longer blade provides additional cutting leverage and is especially handy when it comes to cutting larger foods
(1)*Classic 9" Offset Bread Knife DM0724*- The offset handle position creates additional knuckle clearance and perfectly positions your hand for a more powerful and easier cut
(1)*Shun 11-Slot Bamboo Block DM0831*- Display your Shun collection beautifully and ensures the knife you need is always within easy reach, crafted from stain resistant and easy to clean bamboo
Shipping Note:*Eligible for shipping to all 50 states
Warranty:* Limited Lifetime Kai

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Knife to the nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Did you guys see this shun knife on woot? Looks beautiful, although I would be afraid to use it.
ke-dm0902-zoomed.jpg

Also, not a knife, but thought you guys might like the wear pattern on my keychain tool:
tWlJrh.jpg

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
By now i own several shun-kai knifes. No disappointments yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm once again toying with the idea of getting a Shun Reserve paring knife. I love me a good paring knife.

Damn. My old paring needs serious replacing and that looks like it could be my next one too....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Damn. My old paring needs serious replacing and that looks like it could be my next one too....
I forget if I said, but I ended up getting that knife. I LOVE the blade. My only gripe is the red trim between the handle and the tang isn't very good on mine, with part of it sticking out on one side and recessed on the other.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Bump for knives!
Is that the S30V blade? I have a regular blur with the black blade and it's a great knife, I also have a Leek that I carry on occasion as well. I'm digging some of the new SOG blades as well. My most recent purchase was a SOG Zoom with the black blade, it's very nice and just as fast if not faster than the blur.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I also have a Leek that I carry on occasion as well.
Im not sure why, but I never got into pocket knife craziness - my knife mania usually revolved around kitchen knifes. That is before i got Kershaw Leek. Absolutely love it. Perfect tool for so many small jobs

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis