Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
I agree, Family Guy is starting to run out of stuff. Still have some funny ones here and there, and the earlier seasons were damn funny. I like that Southpark is all over current events, but I actually got tired of it really quickly.
Thats just it though. Southpark will never run out of episode ideas because they use real news.

Family Guy and The Simpsons use character conflicts in the show. Unless you add new characters every episode, you will run out of ideas.

And finally I disagree. If you think family guy isn't funny anymore, you're broken. :D The new episodes rock. At first, there was to much funny in each episode, and it took a good amount of time to get used to it. Now, its the best that is has ever been. Southpark isn't haha funny, but more, thats so true funny.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sheep said:
Thats just it though. Southpark will never run out of episode ideas because they use real news.

Family Guy and The Simpsons use character conflicts in the show. Unless you add new characters every episode, you will run out of ideas.

And finally I disagree. If you think family guy isn't funny anymore, you're broken. :D The new episodes rock. At first, there was to much funny in each episode, and it took a good amount of time to get used to it. Now, its the best that is has ever been. Southpark isn't haha funny, but more, thats so true funny.

SheepStar
Have to say I haven't been watching much Family Guy lately. I wasn't saying it isn't funny, must just have been catching the "less" funny episodes here and there. Always loved the show though. :)

With Southpark, it isn't rehashed, but I just don't find it as funny as it seemed when it was a fresh concept.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I'm gonna have to add "Click" to the Adam Sandler movies I like. (it comes close if not beats 50 first dates)

also, I can't stop looking at Kate Beckinsale ... am I in love? :)

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I can watch all kinds of other movies and see women equal to or better looking then she is, and not have to suffer through Sandler to do it. I would rather watch one of the Three Stooges (not one of my favorites) shorts with the whiney Curly Joe DiRita that I have seen 100 times before than watch Sandler in anything.

Other people's movies I will pass on..

Chevy Chase
Steve Martin
Martin Lawrence
Pauly Shore

There are a couple of others, but I can't remember their names right now.

SimonG

SimonG

Audiophyte
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Spanglish. I thought that Sandler was very good in this movie... he came across as a solid romantic lead, which is certainly not the norm for him. I hope that it's a sign of things to come from him (but I am not overly optimistic about it).

JeffD2.

JeffD2.

Audioholic
mike c said:
I'm gonna have to add "Click" to the Adam Sandler movies I like. (it comes close if not beats 50 first dates)............ :)
If "Click" is actually funny, that would make TWO Sandler movies I actually like (Happy Gilmore the other). Like Chevy Chase and Eddie Murphy, funny as hell on SNL, mediocre at best or giant ball of suckage at the movies. Peepee jokes et al, etc., don't cut it for me.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I liked it, but we might not have the same taste.
for example, I like:
50 First Dates - its part comedy, part drew barrymore
The Longest Yard - I just like how chris rock dies :)
The Wedding Singer - is this drew barrymore too?
and then Click - it's part comedy, part Kate Beckinsale.

come to think of it, you might not like it :)
unless you go in with low expectations.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis