A 20 Year Old's System

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
New chair, different receiver, and a PS3 :D

The poor dented dust cap...

Swapped out the old surround speakers for some polks from my my dad's basement system that he never uses :D

The new ps3, I wish I had room to put it horizontally, but the think is just too big XD. Ignore how messy the cords look, I wasn't going to spend a ton of time getting them really nice when I am only going to home for 3 months.

Oh, and someone should edit the thread title to be a 20 year old's system

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
haha, I wish... It's only the SR6001...but i still love the thing :D

D

Drisco Z71

Audioholic Intern
nicer than this 19 year old's system, except that i could probably fit most of your equipment inside my sub:D

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
nicer than this 19 year old's system, except that i could probably fit most of your equipment inside my sub:D
haha, I would love a bigger and nicer sub, but at the moment that is low on my list. My sub works pretty well, not amazing, but good enough for it be one of the things that I will wait until later down the line to upgrade. Not to mention that at the moment I am living with my parents and will either be moving back in to the dorms or an apartment, so I'm not focusing too much on bass cause I don't want to piss people off XD

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
About 5-6 years ago

damn, my systems come a long way since then... ah, my old computer speakers that I got at a rummage sale for 5 buck... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigdady1955

Enthusiast
Very, Very nice! I could have never afforded a setup like yours when I was 20. How times have changed! Thanx for sharing.

Bigdady

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Well ****, my hard drive just bricked.... I am so screwed... lol

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
1.) Never cheap out on your HDs.

2.) Please have a mod re-size the image.

SheepStar

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic

since I can't edit my own post, could a mod please replace the picture with this one.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I didn't really cheap out on my hard drives. the one that bricked was a 1 TB seagate internal that was less that 6 months old, and I had a lot of art on it and that's what really blows. My friend came to the conclusion that it's the chip that went bad and not the platters, so I am going to see if I can get it recovered.

S

skater770

Enthusiast
You basically have like 2 square feet to walk in right?

I would love to have your dorm room.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't really cheap out on my hard drives. the one that bricked was a 1 TB seagate internal that was less that 6 months old, and I had a lot of art on it and that's what really blows. My friend came to the conclusion that it's the chip that went bad and not the platters, so I am going to see if I can get it recovered.
Get a WD black. You won't regret it.

SheepStar

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Finally all moved into my apartment. The setups are looking pretty nice, but my futon has already managed to break as well as my subwoofer is starting to go. I think it is a bad capacitor. All of a sudden is start to play very quick, loud, booming noises. It's only done it when it hasn't been receiving any signal. It's really weird, I'm thinking I might have to try and get it fixed...any one have any ideas?

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Just placed an Order to monoprice, getting a 25' HDMI cord, 25' optical cord, and optical splitter, 100' of speaker wire, and some other odds and ends so I can finish setting up the surround speakers (as well as do some cord management).
I also should be getting a Canon 580 EXII flash in the mail soon too, so expect some pictures!
I think I am going to deal with having my broken sub for the moment now. I was planning on upgrading my TV and if I do that doesn't leave much money for me to deal with a sub, not to mention I don't really want to be broke. I also had a thought that maybe I can use the one from my parents house because they NEVER use it, plus they mains in their set up have 10" woofers (the sub is only an 8").
Right now I am kinda of debating over size and brand of TV's...basically, Samsung or Panasonic (plasma of course), and either 42", 46" or 50".

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I finally took some pictures of my room at my apartment. I'll get some pictures of the main system soon, but for now, here it is!

Some home made speaker stands that my brother-in-law made for me, they are pretty nice.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I finally took some pictures of my room at my apartment. I'll get some pictures of the main system soon, but for now, here it is!

Some home made speaker stands that my brother-in-law made for me, they are pretty nice.
Is your bro-in-law a metal smith? Your stands look pretty good. :)

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall

Looks nice, and much less cluttered than your previous solutions. Upgrading from a dorm to an apartment is always nice. :)

However, the Muse album on your screen....well, lets just say I was highly disappointed in that thing. :mad:;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis