A 20 Year Old's System

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
This is what my system setup was over Christmas break. I'm back up at my dorm now, but I wanted to get a few pictures to show what my setup looked like at home. I will add some pics of the dorm once I get a chance too.
Also, ignore the messy cords, I was only back for a month from college and hauling all the stuff back was enough of a pain for me.

Equipment:
Yamaha NS A100XT tower speaker mains
Monitor Audio BR1 bookshelf mains
Primus PC250 center channel
JBL Sub
Some alright Koss surrounds
Harman/Kardon AVR 235

Annnnnnnnd.....The manga collection XD

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Wow that is a sweet friggin room dude, setup and everything.

Also do you have Code Geass up in your collection? I've only seen maybe 3-4 anime series all the way through but Geass completely blew my mind.

Now Slappy

Now Slappy

Audioholic
Also do you have Code Geass up in your collection? I've only seen maybe 3-4 anime series all the way through but Geass completely blew my mind.
Is that like Henti? :D J/K

That is a sweet set up!

You lug all that stuff back and forth to your dorm?

Wow, times have changed.......:(

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
...You lug all that stuff back and forth to your dorm?

Yea I definitely would never bring my headphone rig or stereo to a dorm. not really at the risk of theft but just how high the chances are of something being struck/spilled on/broken/abused/knocked over..

so many people, sober or otherwise, come in and out of my dorm room everyday i could not be at ease.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I've been meaning to watch it, but that's all manga there, mind you :D

Is that like Henti? :D J/K(
lol, no

That is a sweet set up!

You lug all that stuff back and forth to your dorm?

yeah, it a real pain hauling it all back up 5 flights of stairs, I would never bring it home for just a week, but since break is so long, I figured why not.

Yea I definitely would never bring my headphone rig or stereo to a dorm. not really at the risk of theft but just how high the chances are of something being struck/spilled on/broken/abused/knocked over..

so many people, sober or otherwise, come in and out of my dorm room everyday i could not be at ease.
The only thing that has gotten stolen from my dorm was $42 in change, lol, and that was over break. I'm not to worried, my school is rather is pretty small, and we rarely have any stolen from the dorms. I'm pretty much not to worried. And my friends are pretty careful around it too, so it's all good.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't see Bleach in there. Only manga/anime I read/watch. My friends want me to look at Full Metal Alchemist.

Nice system, but why are you using Yamaha mains and Koss rears if you have the Monitors too?

SheepStar

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic

There, now can you see Bleach? XD
And here's a qucik expliantion as to why I am not using the monitors as surrounds:
I am using the monitor's on my second system. essentially in my dorm I am using the the yamaha's for the TV and then I am using the monitors at my desk. All I need to do now is pick up a second receiver or amp so I can use the monitor's.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Every setup needs a little Snoopy and Woodstock. Nice! :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Oh ok.

What is the latest bleach manga chapter? There is only up to 341 scanned online. Kinda want to know what's going to happen next.

SheepStar

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
gunna be totally honest, haven't read it in a looooooooooong time, lol

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I'll be moving back Friday, so I will have a semi-new set up soon. I'll try to get some pictures up soon!

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
This is what my system setup was over Christmas break. I'm back up at my dorm now, but I wanted to get a few pictures to show what my setup looked like at home. I will add some pics of the dorm once I get a chance too.
Also, ignore the messy cords, I was only back for a month from college and hauling all the stuff back was enough of a pain for me.

Equipment:
Yamaha NS A100XT tower speaker mains
Monitor Audio BR1 bookshelf mains
Primus PC250 center channel
JBL Sub
Some alright Koss surrounds
Harman/Kardon AVR 235

Annnnnnnnd.....The manga collection XD
very cool room ! nice job

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I'm all moved back and set up, but the craving to upgrade is already starting to set in :D
I like my subwoofer, but I think that my system could do well with a bit off a boost in the bass area, and I was wondering if maybe a a pad for my subwoofer might satisfy that craving for now. Also, over the summer, expect and upgrade from the monitor BR1's to either a tower in the BR line or the SR1's... That, and the surrounds need an upgrade, lol. Any ideas for some cheap surrounds that would work well in my system? I think I am going to try and go for bi or dipoles...I have no idea yet. That and the TV might get upgraded as well as a PS3 added (the PS3 will most likely be the first addition, especially if a price drop is announced at E3. So any suggestions for me before I get around to taking pictures?

Also, it's amazing how much better the acoustics of my room are vs the dorm room.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
NEW ADDITION!
A PS3 has finally been added to the system, I was waiting till after E3 because of the rumored PS3 slim or a price drop. No such luck, so I went out and got one yesterday. Only have one game yet, but I should be getting a few more soon as well as a few movies.

I promise I'll get new pics up soon though!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You'll have to post pics of your dented dust cap as well.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis