Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic

This picture was suppose to be int he last post XD

Also...your lack of posts disturbs me.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looks good. I'm not really a fan of the lighting behind the tv, but I guess I'd have to see something like it in person to know for sure.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Next upgrade: New TV and TV stand! I have no idea what I am going to get yet, all I know is that I want to spend less that $1000 on the TV and it shall be either a Panasonic or Samsung Plasma 46"-50". I am all ears for any suggestions though, so if you have any, fire away!
I haven't looked these up on avs or anything, but they've got decent enough reviews on amazon if that means anything to you -
Panasonic TC-P46G10 46" plasma for $937:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P46G10-46-Inch-Plasma/dp/B001UAB40E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275488424&sr=8-5

Panasonic TC-P50S2 50" plasma for $978:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-P50S2-50-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B0036VO7WM/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275488424&sr=8-13

I also see frys and the like have sales on samsung plasmas from time to time so I'd suggest checking out slickdeals.net or another deals website every so often.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Looks good. I'm not really a fan of the lighting behind the tv, but I guess I'd have to see something like it in person to know for sure.
I guess to each their own. I've been talking about getting the lights behind my tv for some time now. One of my roommates thinks it's ridiculous, but I love it. The lights also have several different colors, I will have to get some pics of the red sometime, that looks pretty cool as well.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Eh, now that you're 21... I'm not impressed....

JK, still a nice setup, man... nice job.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I guess to each their own. I've been talking about getting the lights behind my tv for some time now. One of my roommates thinks it's ridiculous, but I love it. The lights also have several different colors, I will have to get some pics of the red sometime, that looks pretty cool as well.
Yeah, like I said, I'd definitely have to see something like it in person before I really know what to think of it.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Nice! Great improvements! Does it sound a lot better now that you have more space to place them?

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Nice! Great improvements! Does it sound a lot better now that you have more space to place them?
Thanks! Since moving to an apartment they sound a lot better, but I guess I am noticing a lot more of the flaws of these speakers as well. I plan on upgrading them down the line, but for now they get the job done and sound darn good for the price I paid for them.

TV News...Juts pulled the trigger on a LG 50PK550! I am pretty excited, should be here by Friday.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Been really busy the past week, but now I am setting up my new TV along with new TV stand :D
I am pretty pumped. I just wish that there was a store like monoprice that I could just drive to so I could pick up some banana's for my speaker wire, screwing it in still is annoying as hell and I don't feel like waiting for shipping to set it up. XD

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Finished setting it up today, really loving it. Love the look of the new stand and rewiring everything was a b-i-t-c-h but it is a lot cleaner and more organized now, though the power cords could use some work yet.

Hoping to have some final pics up soon, but here is a sneak peak at the set up:

Ugh, the mess of cords...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats on the new tv and stand. I detest wiring and cables. Mine always look like poop.

G

gvthisbookahome

Audioholic Intern
Ugh! I hate having to deal with all those cables too. In your first series of photos, I found a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. I have the Intuos 4 and love it!

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Ugh! I hate having to deal with all those cables too. In your first series of photos, I found a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. I have the Intuos 4 and love it!
Well spotted sir! I love it too but I am jealous of you, I would love to have the Intuos 4, the features look great and having a widescreen tablet would help a lot. I upgraded from a graphire 4 a little over a year ago, so I am probably not going to make the jump up the next step any time soon, and when I do I want a cintiq :D

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Nice setup, I think you're light years ahead of where I and probably a lot of others were at your age (I was doing car audio in college, kind of wish I could have taken that back now). I've got a white light behind my tv right now, I've had a few comments from friends that they think it's cool. I think I'm actually going to try to move to crown molding with cove lighting and see how that works for ambient light, but not right behind the tv.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Nice setup, I think you're light years ahead of where I and probably a lot of others were at your age (I was doing car audio in college, kind of wish I could have taken that back now). I've got a white light behind my tv right now, I've had a few comments from friends that they think it's cool. I think I'm actually going to try to move to crown molding with cove lighting and see how that works for ambient light, but not right behind the tv.
Thanks! A lot of my other hobbies tend to take the back burner to my home theater. I find that I also love lighting, and I know a lot of people find it kind cheesy, I just love it to death. I would love to play around with even more lighting if I can find some cheap solutions. I would also love to see hoe your cove lighting project turns out!

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Time for some pictures! Hopefully I will get even more up later.

The full set up! I need to get a wider lens so that taking pictures like these are easier (I literally have the camera pressed up against the wall so I can get everything in the frame, darn 28mm focal length with crop sensor!). I got the TV stand on clearance at American TV for half price. There were a few nicks in the wood and 2 big dents and the color of the wood was a cherry, so I sanded it down and stained it black, a huge improvement in my opinion. I love the look of it. Also, the PS3 is currently missing, it is at a friend's.

Another shot of me using it with my computer, sorry it is a little blurry

Side shot

With the lights off...looks like I might need to buy a few more of those LED strips.

Shot from the animated film 5cm Per Second, which may be the most jaw droopingly beautiful animation ever.

Hot Fuzz

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis