Would wiring 4 super tweeters per speaker box increase life of tweeters?

D

domic

Audioholic Intern
I'm sorry, but I think you've made a mistake. This is the Audioholics forums. I think you meant to post this at www.thereifixedit.com .
Those pictures on "there i fixed it" is funnier than my speaker set up[i laughed lots- hahahaha], but im still happy with my home made speaker set up. Need to take a picture of it and send it here and to that site but i couldnt there i fixed it my older computer like i did my speaker boxes, so i cant upload pix from camera with ps3, gotta buy a game device to do so, dont know if i will or when. Heres pix from that site-

Attachments

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I dunno Slip. There are some nuggets of comedy gold sprinkled throughout this thread. I kind of enjoyed re reading it. :p
Fair enough!

We may have lost the war, but we definitely won the battle :D

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
i fixed it my older computer like i did my speaker boxes
I just... have to hear how you fixed your old computer, it can only as interesting as the speaker fix so I have to know. Do us a solid and explain, please.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I HAVE TROUBLE signing in to this forum, i dont receive the 2 step
verification codes 90% of time, may be ma last post if keeeps up. SUCCESSFUL TWEETER JOB, although a failure, not the tweeters, the new crossover was the only problem,had to return it for refund due to almost no mid freq coming from HH and then the resistors started getting extremely hot and ready to over heat,dont know why. I rewired my older 3 way universal crossover AND FINALLY WIRED the 4 super tweeters to each crossover at 8 ohms each and they sound great,the past week no problems. I lowered the highs of eq quite alot(compared to when horns were wired) and the finest highs are quite great as well as low bass freqs, my older crossover is excellent DID NOT need a new one(new one pretty well sounded same). I did a test and the 4 tweeters are at the same volume if only 1 was wired so that means all 4 equally share the same power,meaning I MAY BE RIGHT IN SAYING 4 tweeters will have a longer life than if just 1 was wired per box.
If it sounds good to you, awesome, as for how long it will last, yet to be determined. I'd still love to see pictures now that you fixed your old computer. Use a cell phone, we can walk you through it.

i win ya lose.
Judging by your posts, English isn't your first language, I can't remember if you posted that or not. If it is then WOW slow down and think first. Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who abuses English daily and even I can see how horrible you write.

As for the childish ending to your post, this isn't a competition, grow up. Actually it explains a few things but I digress, this thread has been entertaining.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's something very close to what I envision when I think of these supertweeter speakers! lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The crossovers were a piece of cake in those. The woofs shake the walls and the finest SSSSS is the best I've heard.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis