Would wiring 4 super tweeters per speaker box increase life of tweeters?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed, to go along with Dan further, here are a set of KLF-20's, you want to rock the house hard, here ya go. If you have the extra funds, go with a set of RF-7 II's or RF-7 III's when they come out. No matter what, you will have an excellent intense experience.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-KLF-20-Legendary-Series-Floorstanding-Speakers-/322431965216?hash=item4b12715820:g:lI8AAOSwNnRYioAs
I didn't even think of suggesting Klipsch. It really is a great suggestion for the op.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
You are probably just trolling but just an FYI, if you wire four tweeters in parallel on that crossover the result will be for the frequencies that you are playing through the tweeters that it will be effectively operating at 2 Ohm load. Make sure your amplifier is 2 ohm stable or you will be buying a new AMP in addition to the tweeters that still will not last much longer than the have been individually.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I can't upload pictures from my digital camera since im using a ps3 to get online.(so much trouble with computers through the years getting viruses 3 times yearly. no probs with my ps3, speaking of which, time to play deus ex). I'll probably buy a new speaker system some or more years from now. These super tweeters have a protective compacitor(yellow in color) on each one, im wondering if the compacitors will always protect them once i wire them to this crossover and increase highs on farthest right of EQ? When these and bass woofers all go, its a new speaker system for me.
I just read this entire thread from the beginning. It has a classic look to it. Domic, the OP, seems to be looking for validation of what he's going to do anyway and not for advice on what he should actually do. Any OP that simply restates his intent over and over isn't looking for help.

DOMIC: if there's still a chance for you to pause before you act, I would suggest you go back through this thread and re-read the advice by TLS_Guy, Swerd, Slipperybiddnes and others. This group has a world of practical experience and what they are telling you is that your project will likely fail if you do it as you have described.

I will add my two cents worth in a different set of words : "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
Just because you can put 4 tweeters in a box doesn't mean you should. I have headlights in my car. Occasionally one will burn out. The solution isn't to add 4 more headlights on each side of my car. The solution is to figure out why one burned out early. Or, get a new car with two well engineered headlights.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Going to get Popcorn and a drink, I'll be back to check in later. :rolleyes:

L
that's a good idea. I love a good train wreck. I think we're being trolled at this point, but, hey who knows?
Maybe the OP will post a video of what he built and we can get the speaker failure on camera. Or, as in another post, we can all listen to the youtube video to judge the quality of his speaker :D

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
that's a good idea. I love a good train wreck. I think we're being trolled at this point, but, hey who knows?
Maybe the OP will post a video of what he built and we can get the speaker failure on camera. Or, as in another post, we can all listen to the youtube video to judge the quality of his speaker :D
I find it hilarious when people comment on system videos on Youtube saying how clear or they give an in depth review of the sound that they are listening to on their own speakers. I have heard very clear recordings from people who use a good mic etc.. but still listening to it on either my Klipsch 2.0 speakers or my Dell Precision M5510. :cool:

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
All I can say is well said! My last run with Tequila was Padron, can't remember which one... ha ha.
I've never had a Patron I liked but there are so darn many maybe I haven't had the right one. In that price bracket try Casa Noble, Herradura or Fortaleza. It opens a whole nother door into this wonderful world. Plus it makes threads like this easier to take...

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've never had a Patron I liked but there are so darn many maybe I haven't had the right one. In that price bracket try Casa Noble, Herradura or Fortaleza. It opens a whole nother door into this wonderful world. Plus it makes thrads like this easier to take...
I am wondering if that's how this thread came about in the first place lol.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I've never had a Patron I liked but there are so darn many maybe I haven't had the right one. In that price bracket try Casa Noble, Herradura or Fortaleza. It opens a whole nother door into this wonderful world. Plus it makes threads like this easier to take...
Noted! I've had Casa Noble, excellent, the Patron was a higher end I can't remember the name but it was good stuff. I haven't had it in 4 years or so but yeah for threats like this the good stuff could come in handy!

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I am wondering if that's how this thread came about in the first place lol.
More likely a sex-in-a-canoe pilsner of some sort would be to blame for OP's speakers. (sex in a canoe = f'ing close to water)

D

domic

Audioholic Intern
UPDATE- My new 3 way crossovers arrived but im kind of lazy,playing videogames often,etc, i'll start wiring to speaker boxes tomorrow little by little,probably take me a week. BUT HAVE 3 more questions, is this new 3 way crossover 4 ohms or 8 ohms? The specs say 4 or 8. How can they be 4 or 8, which is it? WOULD this new crossover burn if 4 super tweeters were wired to each one? AND on the new 3 way crossovers,each terminal shows in this order, H+H-, T+T-, W+W-. WHAT is H for? W is for woofer,what is H for?(can't find answer on google search).Heres the specs for new crossover-Two professional 4 or 8 ohm crossovers,12 db each. Woofer 20Hz-500HzMid 500HZ-4.5KHZTweeter 4.5KHZ-20KHZ600 watts RMS/1200 watts peak each 2400 Peak for Pair3-way passive crossover networkHERES A picture of new crossover pair-

Attachments

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My new 3 way crossovers arrived but im kind of lazy,playing videogames often,etc, i'll start wiring to speaker boxes tomorrow little by little,probably take me a week. BUT HAVE 3 more questions, is this new 3 way crossover 4 ohms or 8 ohms? The specs say 4 or 8. How can they be 4 or 8, which is it? I'll probably just wire 1 super tweeter per box/crossover since as ya said "4 tweeters per crossover would change their ohms from 8 ohm each to 2 ohms and theyll burn". WOULD THEY also burn the new crossovers if 4 super tweeters were wired to each one? AND on the new 3 way crossovers, each terminal shows in this order, H+H-, T+T-, W+W-. WHAT is H for? W is for woofer, what is H for? Heres the specs for new crossover-
Two professional 4 or 8 ohm crossovers.
Woofer 20Hz-500Hz
Mid 500HZ-4.5KHZ
Tweeter 4.5KHZ-20KHZ
600 watts RMS/1200 watts peak each 2400 Peak for Pair
3-way passive crossover network
HERES A picture of new crossover pair-
Wow.

Um, yes.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My new 3 way crossovers arrived but im kind of lazy,playing videogames often,etc, i'll start wiring to speaker boxes tomorrow little by little,probably take me a week. BUT HAVE 3 more questions, is this new 3 way crossover 4 ohms or 8 ohms? The specs say 4 or 8. How can they be 4 or 8, which is it? I'll probably just wire 1 super tweeter per box/crossover since as ya said "4 tweeters per crossover would change their ohms from 8 ohm each to 2 ohms and theyll burn". WOULD THEY also burn the new crossovers if 4 super tweeters were wired to each one? AND on the new 3 way crossovers, each terminal shows in this order, H+H-, T+T-, W+W-. WHAT is H for? W is for woofer, what is H for? Heres the specs for new crossover-
Two professional 4 or 8 ohm crossovers.
Woofer 20Hz-500Hz
Mid 500HZ-4.5KHZ
Tweeter 4.5KHZ-20KHZ
600 watts RMS/1200 watts peak each 2400 Peak for Pair
3-way passive crossover network
HERES A picture of new crossover pair-
You have learned absolutely nothing. You have bought another first order crossover with 6db slopes from Redneck Audio. So you will continue to burn out tweeters.

And no, a crossover can not be 4 or 8 ohms. For instance if the tweeter crossover is 4.5 KHz with an 8 ohm speaker, it will be 9 KHz with a four ohm tweeter. If the crossover is 4.5 KHz with a four ohm speaker then it will be 2.25 KHz with an 8 ohm one.

If the woofer crossover is 500 Hz with an 8 ohm speaker, it will be 250 Hz with a 4 ohm speaker.

You really need to do some reading to try and understand what you are doing or give it up. You can't keep blundering around like this.

D

domic

Audioholic Intern
Wow.

Um, yes.
i think it reached the point that hes just going to agree with whatever i say or ask about my speaker set instead of debating me. i would lov to post a picture of my trainwrec(just joking) speaker boxes but im only using a ps3 to get online and cannot upload pix from my camera to a ps3. Actually my speaker set(with old crossovers) does sound great with eq, deep bass, highs, and i do play them loud, gotta face the 2 10" woofers im using as mid ranges(that i put in a seperate speaker box from other 2) 1 inch from wall and facing it,with mid range freq of eq lowered or else the mids would sound too loud and shrilled coming from 10" woofers.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i would lov to post a picture of my train wrec speaker boxes but im only using a ps3 to get online and cannot upload pix from my camera to a ps3. .
I can't believe there's anyone left out there (I held out until 2014) without a phone with a built in camera that you could post from!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis