Audio Power Cables / Cords - Do they really make a difference?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
And, your point is?

There's a lot of money to be made in the boutique audio market and they know it. Witness Machina Dynamica, Chris Belt, and many others.

I'm very, skeptical of these reviews because the nut-jobs that live and breathe this stuff are responsible for their livelihood, and that of their advertisers. And, reviewers get paid to write stuff that people want to read.

Google "machina dynamica product reviews" if you want to see what I'm talking about.

When you get into power cords that cost more than many people's systems you better be talking about at least night and day differences. Not an THINK I can hear something.

And, no, not everyone will hear differences as you claimed. That's statistically impossible in this case. That's where you instantly lost all credibility with me, and probably other sentient beings as well.

But,if you kept on pushing this on me in person like you're trying to do here, I'd probably say I heard it just to shut you up, too.

C

Craigslist Joe

Audioholic Intern
Sam I am

Ever read Green Eggs and Ham? I'm not asking anyone to buy anything. I'm not suggesting you demo something you can't afford. Music Direct sells the Vishnu for $330, give or take. There are home audio stores that will let you borrow one for free! But again, you do not like green eggs and ham...:rolleyes:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Everyone who has actually done the comparisons agrees there is a difference. Here's the first three reviews I came to. If that's not enough to convince you to demo it for yourself, you won't be helped. Notice I didn't say "can't"! :D

POWER UP! - a comprehensive power cord review - Part 4

Product Review

nordost brahma power cord
That exactly it.
The human senses can, and are, fooled every day.
They are thrown off by outside stimuli.

Those subjective opinions are exactly the same as those in my restaurant comparison.
The identical string beans and mashed potatoes where suddenly much better in the upscale restaurant.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Try hanging cat turds on your speaker terminals. Nice chocolatey sound :)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Try this.

Stack, from the bottom up, a quarter, a nickle, a copper penny, and a dime, exactly 1" from the sides in the front outside corner of your main speakers.

Let me know if you can hear the change.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Rick,

I kinda like your signature though:

" There's what people want to hear.
There's what they want to believe.
Then there's the truth ".

May I add a couple more?

" I refuse to prove that I exist, says God...
For proof denies faith and without faith, I'm nothing "

" In science, contrary evidence causes one to question a theory...
In religion, contrary evidence causes on to question the evidence "
I refuse to prove that I exist," says God...
for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says man, "the Babel Fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist...therefore, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

Last edited by a moderator:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Stack, from the bottom up, a quarter, a nickle, a copper penny, and a dime, exactly 1" from the sides in the front outside corner of your main speakers.

Let me know if you can hear the change.
Toss them in a port. You just may hear that.

C

Craigslist Joe

Audioholic Intern
Theories

Aerodynamic principles dictate that the F117's shape cannot fly. And in fact, it is aerodynamically unsound. Yet the Air Force flies them every day... Must be the cat ****, stack of coins, or other tricks you added with your ever-so-constructive commentary.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Aerodynamic principles dictate that the F117's shape cannot fly. And in fact, it is aerodynamically unsound. Yet the Air Force flies them every day... Must be the cat ****, stack of coins, or other tricks you added with your ever-so-constructive commentary.
The F-117 Nighthawk was aerodynamically unstable in all three axes and required constant flight corrections, is a correct statement.

Aerodynamic principles dictate that the F117's shape cannot fly, is an incorrect statement.

Last edited:
C

Craigslist Joe

Audioholic Intern
An unassisted human cannot fly an F117. The computer flies the plane. The pilot simply tells the computer where to fly the plane. If the computer fails, the plane crashes.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
An unassisted human cannot fly an F117. The computer flies the plane. The pilot simply tells the computer where to fly the plane. If the computer fails, the plane crashes.
This is not the same as, "Aerodynamic principles dictate that the F117's shape cannot fly."

What you made was a false statement and your point fell short.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Officially retired. Sure, they might have some still around as test platforms/research beds. Not in any active units.

C

Craigslist Joe

Audioholic Intern
This is not the same as, "Aerodynamic principles dictate that the F117's shape cannot fly."

What you made was a false statement and your point fell short.
I was speaking rhetorically. The point is that technology today is yesterday's impossibilities. Thank you for your input.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis