Time to go "paper" shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
These are meaningless pictures you've provided us with. You have to take measurements and share the data, and those measurements have to come from reliable instrumentation. It's the scientific method man!
That's what I did, I took the measurements using my ears and wrote it down. Then I drew those graphs for you.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
You see? Now we're getting on each other's nerves. Let Patrick be......I say let Gene or Clint deal with it.
What on earth have you guys been arguing about, anyway?

That's what I did, I took the measurements using my ears and wrote it down. Then I drew those graphs for you.
If you truly believe that, then you have much to learn. That's a completely unacceptable way to record and share data when you want to prove something to someone else, even if you have a reputation for being right. In your case, the burned to prove that you are correct is strong here because we are all very skeptical and some of us have used measurement instruments to take real measurements (the human body is one of the most faulty instruments for measuring things like this).

Of course there's the possibility you're playing all of us, but one never knows.

Now I'm curious how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
LOL WUT?:D

Your ears are not a good testing device. Not because ears don't pick up subtle nuances, but because your ears are attached to your very biassed brain (opinion).

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
He is cans only btw.

I would know, I dealt with his BS on head-fi. Along with the other members agreeing with him.

Can you believe that? Almost half of that forum believed him.
Usually the sane people agree with the truth. The longer time that passes, the more people will agree with me. In a few years there will be more people like me with their systems wrapped in ERS Paper, and then you can't deny the truth anymore. The measurements will come eventually.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
That's a completely unacceptable way to record and share data when you want to prove something to someone else, even if you have a reputation for being right. In your case, the burned to prove that you are correct is strong here
Like I said, I don't want to prove anything because it's a waste of time. I rather spend my time discovering new things.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
LOL WUT?:D

Your ears are not a good testing device. Not because ears don't pick up subtle nuances, but because your ears are attached to your very biassed brain (opinion).
I'm not biased by the past or the future, I see things as they are. I look through the eyes of a 2 year old. Truth is all I care about, it doesn't matter how painful it is, because it's the truth. Even if I get crucified again, I can't deny the truth. Normal people would make themselves believe anything in order to avoid pain and suffering, but I'm not one of them.

Skeptics are those who destroy things they are afraid of. They want to live in their own dream world where everything makes sense because it is measured with their little tools.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Like I said, I don't want to prove anything because it's a waste of time. I rather spend my time discovering new things.
So why spend so much time here trying to convince us? I don't buy it. I think that you are trying to prove some things, or else you are just having some fun here.

FYI, if you really truly do believe this stuff and think that you're system is great, then good for you. I believe that this hobby is all about enjoyment, and if you've found it, then great. I don't care how you got there, as long as you're happy.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not biased by the past...
Then you're not human. We are ALL affected by our experiences. It is how we develop our reactions to our environment. If someone comes rushing at you with a bat, are you just going to stand there? Well, maybe. But I'll bet that you don't just stand there the second time if the first person beats the crap out of you.

Some people have very trained senses, with hearing being one of them. Perhaps you can tell SPL levels accurately with just your ears. Fine. I could believe that. Don't claim to be unbiased, though, because we all are. We exist in our own individual realities that are created based on our genetics and our experiences.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
So why spend so much time here trying to convince us? I don't buy it. I think that you are trying to prove some things, or else you are just having some fun here.

FYI, if you really truly do believe this stuff and think that you're system is great, then good for you. I believe that this hobby is all about enjoyment, and if you've found it, then great. I don't care how you got there, as long as you're happy.
I share my findings instead of being selfish and keep them to myself. Truth needs to be shared instead of buried somewhere.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
Then you're not human. We are ALL affected by our experiences. It is how we develop our reactions to our environment. If someone comes rushing at you with a bat, are you just going to stand there? Well, maybe. But I'll bet that you don't just stand there the second time if the first person beats the crap out of you.

Some people have very trained senses, with hearing being one of them. Perhaps you can tell SPL levels accurately with just your ears. Fine. I could believe that. Don't claim to be unbiased, though, because we all are. We exist in our own individual realities that are created based on our genetics and our experiences.
If a skeptic claims he is human, then there's a problem. The true skeptic doesn't believe in anything, not even after it has been proven. He also doesn't believe that something doesn't make a difference. Skeptics don't realize that they are just like the delusional audiophiles that they hate, they are on opposite sides on the fence and equally deep inside their own dream world. I like to sit on top of the fence in the middle, it makes me neutral and unbiased. I'm using my other personalities when visiting both sides of the fence, it keeps me sane and balanced.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
If someone comes rushing at you with a bat, are you just going to stand there? Well, maybe. But I'll bet that you don't just stand there the second time if the first person beats the crap out of you.
I'm too low on testosterone to care.

That's the difference between skeptic and believer, the skeptics just beat people up because they didn't like what the believer said.
Skeptics live in a cave in the forest because they are afraid of the truth in the city. They have a deep voice full of testosterone. Their face has a grimace on it because they are mean and aggressive. Sometimes they come out of their cave to make a post in a forum, then they quickly run back, they do their best to ignore the truth by making themselves believe they already know the truth.

Do you have any idea what Patrick is? He's a whipping mule, the one person on the forum EVERYONE gets to beat down, and not give 2 shits about. He's so far off base, you can't help but just want to sit in your stereo room and hate him. I know I do. Bottling things like this up is NOT healthy.

Patrick, get out. Seriously, someone might listen to you, and waste money on a product or voodoo POS. Get out, get the **** out. I don't care if I sound harsh, your a complete idiot, you hear things that don't exist, you're the textbook definition of an Audiophile - Someone that claims to hear the inaudible. You won't measure, you're a hack. Everything you own is now a flammable piece of garbage. I hope you stereo catches fire, and explodes.

Have a great effing day,
SheepStar
As you can see in a previous post, I entered the skeptic cave and the skeptics start whipping because they don't want truth inside their home. They want to make themselves believe they already know everything because that is their way of dealing with their fear of ignorance.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
This reminds me of the guy who claimed he could hear a difference between wires...he got banned because he was a troll. Where is Tom when you need him? :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Patrick, you ignored or missed my point about the person with the bat. I was talking about human bias. It was an example of how humans are biased by the past, despite your statement that you are not. Your response that you're "too low on testosterone to care" implies that you are biased by the past but that other factors prevent you from acting on it.

There's no reason to deny being biased or to defend it. We are all biased. There's nothing fundamentally flawed about it.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
If you truly believe it works then that is all that matters. Much of audio enjoyment for many people comes from what they believe works. The mind often overpowers the senses and reconfigures our experiences, as it were. There's a certain satisfaction in believing you've made a change for the better.

Just be forewarned that if you bring your experiences in to a group of people, particularly a group such as here or at hydrogenaudio, they are going to expect some concrete evidence before they take you seriously. You have provided none of that, so those who are educated and objective will continue to be skeptical about your claims.

As you can see in a previous post, I entered the skeptic cave and the skeptics start whipping because they don't want truth inside their home. They want to make themselves believe they already know everything because that is their way of dealing with their fear of ignorance.
That is incorrect. The skeptics start "whipping" you because they don't want someone coming in and spreading FUD. Until you can use proper methodologies to prove yourself, the skeptics will continue to "whip" you. It's not their fault, if there weren't people like them we'd never understand the universe and the workings of the magical contraptions we build.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
This reminds me of the guy who claimed he could hear a difference between wires...he got banned because he was a troll. Where is Tom when you need him? :)
You mean the entire forum of head-fi?

The true skeptic doesn't believe in anything, not even after it has been proven.
No dude, that just means you are stupid and ignorant.

Why not try to scientifically prove that the things you hear, are actually there. Rather than just subjectively telling us that they are.

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned

Yeah that looks like it recently flared up to me! And wit all that paper surrounding it that is really negligent and very dangerous.:eek:

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Hmm that's a good point. I wonder how flammable the stuff is.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Originally Posted by avaserfi
This reminds me of the guy who claimed he could hear a difference between wires...he got banned because he was a troll. Where is Tom when you need him?

You mean the entire forum of head-fie?

No he is talking about that B&W700 dude. Another casualty of the "dog pile on the rabbit" syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis