Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
MyRoom.jpg

this is more thorough image of the building.. but the door setup is more accurate in the first image..

I am looking at the video in the link of the article you sent and I gotta say I am completely lost.. when someone talks numbers my mind just freezes.. sorry but I can't do this on my own thus I need and appreciate the help my friend :)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So 3000 cuft or so, depending on that stair/alcove. A pair of 12" should work well, and I'd go for a ported design with movies in mind. SVS also has a very good rep for assisting in sub choices (they have an online chat) but you better find out what models they have, likely only a few at best is my guess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 21023
this is more thorough image of the building.. but the door setup is more accurate in the first image..

I am looking at the video in the link of the article you sent and I gotta say I am completely lost.. when someone talks numbers my mind just freezes.. sorry but I can't do this on my own thus I need and appreciate the help my friend :)
I've never watched the video myself....I prefer to read rather than have to turn down the audio on the system :)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
So 3000 cuft or so, depending on that stair/alcove. A pair of 12" should work well, and I'd go for a ported design with movies in mind. SVS also has a very good rep for assisting in sub choices (they have an online chat) but you better find out what models they have, likely only a few at best is my guess.
They just replied me

PB13 ULTRA ...... 7800
PB12 PLUS ..... 5600
PB2000...... 3700
PC...13 .......6000
PC2000.........3500

these are the subs they have and their prices in saudi riyals

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I've never watched the video myself....I prefer to read rather than have to turn down the audio on the system :)
Man I am tired of reading .. every time I design something I gotta search and read and that's what I do for living .. at this particular time .. my mind is completely off

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So about 16% over US pricing on the PC2000, but 25% on the PB12 plus (the only two I checked)...actually I expected worse; altho you don't get free shipping or in-home trial period I assume, nor the bill of rights that you get from SVS directly?

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
So about 16% over US pricing on the PC2000, but 25% on the PB12 plus (the only two I checked)...actually I expected worse; altho you don't get free shipping or in-home trial period I assume, nor the bill of rights that you get from SVS directly?
I doubt I get any of what you mentioned .. just a one year warranty inside KSA only I assume

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hasan. I just have a second but wanted to weigh in quick. Two of my 3 subs are pc 12 pluses. I love the cylinder design and if your experience is limited to your polks, I can guarantee that you have no idea what's in store for you. The pc2k is a cool sub, but the plus models are a step above, and not a mile away from the ultra.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are the same 2 I was thinking too. Though if Hasan has the cash, the PB13 Ultra is a pretty badass sub. If it wasn't so cost prohibitive for me I'd have a pair of those. Actually probably a pair PB16 Ultras.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Hasan. I just have a second but wanted to weigh in quick. Two of my 3 subs are pc 12 pluses. I love the cylinder design and if your experience is limited to your polks, I can guarantee that you have no idea what's in store for you. The pc2k is a cool sub, but the plus models are a step above, and not a mile away from the ultra.
thanks man.. Appreciate the input

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Those are the same 2 I was thinking too. Though if Hasan has the cash, the PB13 Ultra is a pretty badass sub. If it wasn't so cost prohibitive for me I'd have a pair of those. Actually probably a pair PB16 Ultras.
The thing is man I have to prioritize when it comes at cash.. I am on the verge of building a new house and that is costly .. very costly.. but It is not before a year minimum.. meanwhile I would like something with good value and good sound that level up with my AVR you know.. that's my goal.. I am also thinking about their speakers ,, how would you recommend them?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The thing is man I have to prioritize when it comes at cash.. I am on the verge of building a new house and that is costly .. very costly.. but It is not before a year minimum.. meanwhile I would like something with good value and good sound that level up with my AVR you know.. that's my goal.. I am also thinking about their speakers ,, how would you recommend them?
Oh I know. That's why I said "if you have the money". Both the PC2000 and PB2000 are awesome subs. Two thumbs up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ask @Pogre since he has fairly new SVS speakers, I have a pair of older SVS speakers myself in one of the bedrooms (MBS-02, now discontinued), good speakers.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
well @Pogre what do you think of their speakers? should I get a new 11.2 from there and get it done at one strike?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
aren't they entry level like the polk I have?
Think of subs more about size of driver, power of amp, and size and construction of enclosure (which has a great influence on sub performance). IMO even their SB1000/PB1000 subs are far better than anything Polk makes....

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Think of subs more about size of driver, power of amp, and size and construction of enclosure (which has a great influence on sub performance). IMO even their SB1000/PB1000 subs are far better than anything Polk makes....
I have a great regards for your opinion.. I am gonna really consider it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis